Caro2021

221g bogota Colombia (merged update)

41 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, Caro2021 said:

CEAC status changed from refused to ready

My mom had a visa interview on June 16, 2021 in bogota Colombia, where she got  refused under section 221g. 

I recently logged into CEAC to see the status of her visa and it says READY. However, the text on the bottom says the following: 

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

Any one know what this could mean? Embassy never kept her passport, if that matters at all…

Update: Case status changed from ready to Administrative Processing…anybody with a similar experience?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Caro2021 said:

Update: Case status changed from ready to Administrative Processing…anybody with a similar experience?

one step away from being issued

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Caro2021 said:

Hi, I really hope so. That’s what people have been saying.

it’s been 3 days already. & other people have said that the next day it should be issued and it never did. 

is your passport at the embassy?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Caro2021 said:

No 😥

Does that matter? I heard that they will request it? 

Check well if you have not received the email requesting the sending of the passport and check in:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/iv

If they have not requested it, they must be close to requesting the shipment

Just now, Josm said:

Check well if you have not received the email requesting the sending of the passport and check in:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/iv

If they have not requested it, they must be close to requesting the shipment

Thank you!  I will look it up, didn’t know they had a site for that. Just kept refreshing personal emails and spam 😅. Thanks so much for your time and responses. 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Caro2021 said:

Another update: Embassy sent a response to an email that was sent to them a while back. Their response said the passport as been delivered to my selected DHL location. how can this be possible if my mother has her passport with her? The consular officer never kept her passport? We have tried contacting the embassy with no luck, they say they have no information on cases and to send an email to embassy which we have. 

On 8/17/2021 at 9:02 PM, Caro2021 said:

Another update: Embassy sent a response to an email that was sent to them a while back. Their response said the passport as been delivered to my selected DHL location. how can this be possible if my mother has her passport with her? The consular officer never kept her passport? We have tried contacting the embassy with no luck, they say they have no information on cases and to send an email to embassy which we have. 

update: bogota embassy contacted my mom to send passport via DHL selected 🎉

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed. You need to start your own thread if you have questions about your own case. Do not continue to post questions in other member's threads.~~

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.