Gatekeeper

Expedited EAD requirements?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I read on a thread somewhere on VJ, that someone having a pending AOS and still waiting for his/her EAD, could ask and obtain an « expedited EAD » if he/she landed a job offer.

is that correct? If so, is it applicable to Marriage based AOS applicants? If yes, what is the process and/or the forms to fill in for this? And what is the (approximate) rate of success in obtaining the EAD quickly afterward?

thanks for your help!

PS: my VJ profile says I adjusted from K-1, which is not the case (adjusted from other visa), although my timeline does not say K-1. Just in case this would change your answer(s) to my questions above😊

Edited by Gatekeeper

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, you can request an expedite for an EAD with a job offer regardless of what visa you are adjusting from.  I have no idea of the success rate, if it is a good job offer, they should approve the expedite, but I think the number of folks in the expedite line is also pretty large, however it should cut some of the time.

Good Luck!

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gatekeeper said:

Hi,

I read on a thread somewhere on VJ, that someone having a pending AOS and still waiting for his/her EAD, could ask and obtain an « expedited EAD » if he/she landed a job offer.

is that correct? If so, is it applicable to Marriage based AOS applicants? If yes, what is the process and/or the forms to fill in for this? And what is the (approximate) rate of success in obtaining the EAD quickly afterward?

thanks for your help!

PS: my VJ profile says I adjusted from K-1, which is not the case (adjusted from other visa), although my timeline does not say K-1. Just in case this would change your answer(s) to my questions above😊

Start here > https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Do a search here on VJ for expedited EAD based on job offer. There should be plenty of posts to get you enough info to know what you need to do. Good luck.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, KayDeeCee said:

Start here > https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Do a search here on VJ for expedited EAD based on job offer. There should be plenty of posts to get you enough info to know what you need to do. Good luck.

I did make a search on VJ with these keywords but it did not give me any result in relation to this specific topic.

the USCIS link you gave me answered my question though, so thanks for that😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

I did make a search on VJ with these keywords but it did not give me any result in relation to this specific topic.

the USCIS link you gave me answered my question though, so thanks for that😊

Huh, that's weird because I know there are posts here people have made about how they filed for the expedite based on a job offer.

You're welcome. Glad I could help anyway.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.