47 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Future Us Citizen said:

Yes luv I fall under 245 a INA...

But you said you entered illegally. That means you don’t. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I think there is more to this story.  How does one enter the US illegally, and then adjust status normally?   Something doesn't make sense, but I am not an expert.  @Future Us Citizen

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I think there is more to this story.  How does one enter the US illegally, and then adjust status normally?   Something doesn't make sense, but I am not an expert.  @Future Us Citizen

I went to go visit my father with a advance parole...Got paroled in....Thought I share it with y'all...I adjusted under 245a INA

Note that "Failure to Continuously Maintain Lawful Immigration Status" adjustment bar would still apply even after your recent Advance Parole entry:

14 hours ago, HRQX said:

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-4 "An applicant who has ever been out of lawful status at any time since any entry."

Thus consular processing at Port-au-Prince is the correct path.

38 minutes ago, Future Us Citizen said:

I actually just received biometric for my i485, appointment next month...

Cases do slip through the initial checks but the final decision is later during adjudication. For example, the following F2A case even received a C09 EAD before the I-485 was denied at the interview:

2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Note that "Failure to Continuously Maintain Lawful Immigration Status" adjustment bar would still apply even after your recent Advance Parole entry:

Thus consular processing at Port-au-Prince is the correct path.

Cases do slip through the initial checks but the final decision is later during adjudication. For example, the following F2A case even received a C09 EAD before the I-485 was denied at the interview:

Yes luv...Im in status...And another thing I been noticing on these thread, how one who in a F2A who adjust status, apply for work permit under adjustment of status..I been noticing these thread on other sites feeds also...To adjust status under F2A, you must already be in status up until green card interview...They be applying for work permit like they married to a Us citizen...And the bad part is they will give it to them and when the interview come will be denied green card...so sad

12 minutes ago, Future Us Citizen said:

Im in status

Earlier you said you came to the US illegally.  Now you say you're in status, which I suppose means that you're in legal status.  How did you go from illegal entry to legal status?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Future Us Citizen said:

I went to go visit my father with a advance parole...Got paroled in....Thought I share it with y'all...I adjusted under 245a INA

So, you have not adjusted status.  You have applied to adjust, right?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

Earlier you said you came to the US illegally.  Now you say you're in status, which I suppose means that you're in legal status.  How did you go from illegal entry to legal status?

Lol...When they say you suppose to be in status up until your interview, it means like example-daca or tps...once you under those you can be under those status until your green card interview....But they must not be expired if you adjusting under F2A before the green card interview..If your spouse became citizen before you even go to your interview, even if they end those immigrant statues, you can still adjust status...But in my case,F2A Its a must im in status....I paid i485 and I didn't apply for the extra things because with my status I'm in now, I have authority to work, travel...

Timeline

@Future Us Citizen, it would help if you would fully explain your situation, instead of these cryptic comments.  I am interested in learning....Under what condition were you able to apply for adjustment if you entered the US illegally?

Edited by Lucky Cat

Timeline
Just now, Future Us Citizen said:

I applied luv...I have biometric next month..

Under what condition were you allowed to apply if you entered the US illegally?   

3 minutes ago, Future Us Citizen said:

in my case,F2A Its a must im in status

Nothing in your long comment answers my question.  How did your status in the US go from illegal entry to legal status?

I was 8 years old- Mom brought me here illegally...

2012-Had married and file married to a US citizen....This case I couldn't adjust because I never made a legal entry to America...So was told I had to go do consulate processing, but any ways it ended there cause we separated...

2016- Met my now lpr spouse, went to see a lawyer on how to start processing...She told me first I would need to get a legal entry,( this advice change the game)

Couple months later- Applied for advance parole known as travel document..went to my country of birth(scared and all) seen my family and got back

2019-Married my spouse, but was told I had to do consulate processing by uscis instead of adjusting like I asked..and that would come with the I601A,because my tps status was not a sure thing to last because of Mr.trump...Didnt want to go back, I prayed and when I knew biden won, I applied for adjusting instead of the consulate like my i130 stated, i even had paid my nvc fees before changing to adjustment of status instead...

With biden I know everything would change...Now I have my biometric soon and my country just received tps for 18 months which will start way in october...I been on tps for 10 years now...And my husband will be citizen soon

Timeline

Thanks for the explanation.  I'm not sure your path forward is as clear as you think.  Good luck.

Biden cannot change immigration law.

Edited by Lucky Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.