Step29

Re-schedule Appointment [merged threads]

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got an appointment July 2 however- I am based in Saudi and could not get a flight ticket. I sent an email tru (support-phils) and also in public inquiry form and i mention the possible dates like between August 26-31, 2021.

for those who re-schedule, how many days did you get a response if you requested tru support-ph email? I know its taking too long to get a response from public inquiry form.

TIA

What type of visa did you file for? It's very hard to get a date let alone try to pick one. Do not request a date unless you know you can be there and I highly doubt you can pick a date. Not with the way things are right now.

Edited by RO_AH

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

What type of visa did you file for? It's very hard to get a date let alone try to pick one. Do not request a date unless you know you can be there and I highly doubt you can pick a date. Not with the way things are right now.

its for IW-1. Widow visa. I provided  a possible date because I just filed for a vacation so I mention the possible dates that i will be available after arriving from manila and after quarantine. I hope they can provide me dates based on my availability as my vacation days are just 40days. cross fingers they will re-scheduled me.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Adventine said:

Are you currently a Saudi resident? If yes, was there a reason you didn't just schedule the interview at the US Embassy in Riyadh?

actually, my case was previously assigned in Riyadh however, Riyadh told me they are not processing my visa category at the moment. then my employment contract will end this coming October so i decided to transfer my case to manila and i requested for expedited. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello. I got an appointment on July 2 but for some reason I cannot attend. I requested for later date like last week of August and I mention my reason. Currently, I am working abroad and could not get a flight ticket so i mention this as my main reason.

I will be on my vacation from 2nd week to 3rd week of Sept2021. I hope they can grant my requested dates. Anyone here is re-scheduling your interview? can you share your timeline pls.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Hello. I got an appointment on July 2 but for some reason I cannot attend. I requested for later date like last week of August and I mention my reason. Currently, I am working abroad and could not get a flight ticket so i mention this as my main reason.

I will be on my vacation from 2nd week to 3rd week of Sept2021. I hope they can grant my requested dates. Anyone here is re-scheduling your interview? can you share your timeline pls.

Thanks

You have already asked this question.   

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You have already asked this question.   

yeah i remember. just re-posting if some members are on the same boat with me. I am just so worried with my situation as my vacation is already planned. so anxious right now.. my case is also expedited.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ken178 said:

How were you able to get an interview?

My case is expedited. So they gave me interview but I can't attend. So I requested for a new date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Step29 said:

yeah i remember. just re-posting if some members are on the same boat with me. I am just so worried with my situation as my vacation is already planned. so anxious right now.. my case is also expedited.

Don't start a new thread.   Simply "bump" the original one

YMMV

4 hours ago, Step29 said:

Thanks

Given that it is extremely hard to get any type of interview for the past 15 months, rescheduling is not the best idea, but in some cases it cant be avoided.  I think youll find the members here who have had to reschedule (sputum tests, etc etc), a few were able to reschedule a month or two out from when all of the requirements were met, while others have been waiting months with no reply for a reschedule.  Either they will be able to re-schedule you in that tight timeline of 1 week in September or you will find yourself waiting for a long time and may even have to fly back again to Manila.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
6 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Given that it is extremely hard to get any type of interview for the past 15 months, rescheduling is not the best idea, but in some cases it cant be avoided.  I think youll find the members here who have had to reschedule (sputum tests, etc etc), a few were able to reschedule a month or two out from when all of the requirements were met, while others have been waiting months with no reply for a reschedule.  Either they will be able to re-schedule you in that tight timeline of 1 week in September or you will find yourself waiting for a long time and may even have to fly back again to Manila.  

I really wanted to attend my interview but sad to say I can't get a ticket and also requires 10days quarantine upon arriving in Manila. My case was expedited. Converted from spouse to widow visa. Maybe they can consider me once they saw my email with explanation about my situation. Cross fingers.

You really need to understand we are in the Covid era. Nothing is like it was before. Even getting an appointment nowadays is somewhat of a miracle. Being able to reschedule and even pick a date for your reschedule will be next to impossible. Posting a new thread and expecting different answers that your last thread will not change the reality of your situation. I really wish you the best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.