US2UK

Is this sufficient proof of bona fide relationship for AOS interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry for asking so many questions! I am getting all my AOS interview docs ready. I have the following as proof of bona fide relationship:

- photos (these are in a word doc, 13 pages with 22 pics. also, is this format ok? i.e. printed word doc with descriptions under each pic, rather than printing on proper photo paper?). Photos include our wedding, friend's wedding, date nights, pictures with his family, pictures with our friends, pictures from our vacation)

- joint tax return - we paper filed so it's not officially on the IRS website to download yet. Our tax return was 80 pages, which bits do we specifically show?

- cards that we have sent each other for valentines and birthdays

- 2x joint bank accounts

- joint lease (both for our current apartment and previous)

- his workplace benefits that show we have a joint health insurance plan, and also life insurance plans on both of us where each other is the beneficiary

We don't really have joint bills, as the majority are solely under husband's name. Is there anything else that you think we need? Thanks in advance! 🙂

Aloha!

That sounds like a great start even for ROC! How long until you can get a transcript for your taxes from IRS? Way less paper than the full return! Include transcripts that cover your entire marriage, even if it ii only this year. Photos are good, but not primary evidence. Same with the cards: can't hurt, but might not help. Be sure to include a few statements of your bank account that span the entire length of your marriage. I think we sent one per quarter, but it was a while ago. Same thing goes for credit cards. It is not as critical for AOS as ROC because USCIS knows you are just starting out, but better to start collecting now. I see one obvious thing missing: your marriage certificate! You are on the right track. Consider a will and/or medical power of attorney for ROC if not AOS. As TBoneX always says, these are great for life and USCIS! Regarding the joint bills, you can get put on the account as an authorized user or something like that. We did that for Joan, I think at the ROC stage. Here is what we sent and had absolutely no problems. Feel free to contact me for our ROC list when the time comes! Best of luck to you!

Payment in the amount of (the amount of the fee at the time)
A—Form G-1145

B—AOS Cover Letter
C—Form I-485 (AOS application)
D—Copy of Joan’s Passport
E—Copy of Joan’s Visa and entry stamp
F—2 Passport style photos for I-485
G—G-325A (updated information for Joan and Steve)
H—Copy of NOA2
I—I-94 (printed from online form) for I-485
J— Copy of Joan’s Birth Certificate
K—Temporary Certificate of Marriage 
L—Printout of Hawai’i DOH website stating 60 to 120 day wait for “Official” Certificate of Marriage
M—DS-3025 (vaccine form from Joan’s medical examination)

N—Printout of USCIS instructions regarding K-1 I-693 exemption (long story, but some visas require a Civil Surgeon to either complete a new medical exam or sign off on the vaccines obtained. There is/was a timeframe for the K-1 Visa where this requirement was waived)
O—I-864
P—Copy of DOE Form 5 (evidence of my employment)
Q—Copies of pay stubs (April, May, June, July, August 2013
R—2012 ITR
S—2012 W2
T—I-765 (EAD)
U—2 Passport style photos for I-765
V—I-94 for I-764
W—I-131 (AP)
X—2 Passport style photos for I-131

Y—I-94 for I-131

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
22 hours ago, US2UK said:

photos (these are in a word doc, 13 pages with 22 pics. also, is this format ok? i.e. printed word doc with descriptions under each pic, rather than printing on proper photo paper?).

I did that on our removing conditions application. (Didn’t have an AOS interview.) I created a collage looking thing where I could get quite a few photos on one page. That’s a lot of pages, but the officer may not even want to look at them. You never know your luck of the draw on what kind of officer you get.

22 hours ago, US2UK said:

joint tax return - we paper filed so it's not officially on the IRS website to download yet. Our tax return was 80 pages, which bits do we specifically show?

Look at the top right corner and provide only ones with an Attachment Sequence Number and the 1040 which has no sequence number. Put them in number order behind the 1040. The rest is just extra stuff tax programs create for your records.IMG_3217.PNG.ca10e05de2a25c599a1c928713d2f46b.PNGIMG_3428.thumb.PNG.18aee2a8e45d559325e833c209eae78a.PNG

On 6/13/2021 at 2:22 PM, US2UK said:

Sorry for asking so many questions! I am getting all my AOS interview docs ready. I have the following as proof of bona fide relationship:

- photos (these are in a word doc, 13 pages with 22 pics. also, is this format ok? i.e. printed word doc with descriptions under each pic, rather than printing on proper photo paper?). Photos include our wedding, friend's wedding, date nights, pictures with his family, pictures with our friends, pictures from our vacation)

- joint tax return - we paper filed so it's not officially on the IRS website to download yet. Our tax return was 80 pages, which bits do we specifically show?

- cards that we have sent each other for valentines and birthdays

- 2x joint bank accounts

- joint lease (both for our current apartment and previous)

- his workplace benefits that show we have a joint health insurance plan, and also life insurance plans on both of us where each other is the beneficiary

We don't really have joint bills, as the majority are solely under husband's name. Is there anything else that you think we need? Thanks in advance! 🙂

@US2UK, your evidence looks good. I would add driver's licenses/state IDs and hopefully, they show the same address. The officer may also ask you for most recent paystubs. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.