Gatekeeper

Still no biometrics appointment for EAD after 4 month

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi there,

my NOA1s for my EAD and AP applications (filed jointly with AOS)  were issued 128 days ago. My AOS status also shows that « fingerprint fees were accepted » 101 days ago. (I assume it is the same fingerprint process, right?).

However I still haven’t received any appointment letter for the biometrics, though most of the people seem to have received it after 6-8 weeks.

Should I worry and contact USCIS? (NB: I know that obtaining the EAD/AP takes about 8 months right now. I’m specifically referring to the biometrics appointment here, which, from what I read on VJ, takes a few weeks only).

thanks for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Bio is like 4 months now - Real time data

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
Just now, Timona said:

Bio is like 4 months now - Real time data

Oh ok, I didn’t know that. So this means I might get lucky and receive the appointment letter soon, as it has been 4.5 months already.

thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I waited 256 days for a bio notice, my appointment will be exactly 9 months after I submitted my application. I doubt that you will wait quite as long as I did but be mentally prepared for the possibility.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, catmom said:

I waited 256 days for a bio notice, my appointment will be exactly 9 months after I submitted my application. I doubt that you will wait quite as long as I did but be mentally prepared for the possibility.

Hi, thanks for the info. It’s all the more useful as I also live in PA and most probably will be « attached » to the Pittsburgh USCIS center, like you.

May I ask you how long after you got your receipt notice we’re you informed of your AOS application being transferred to your local field office?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Just now, Gatekeeper said:

Hi, thanks for the info. It’s all the more useful as I also live in PA and most probably will be « attached » to the Pittsburgh USCIS center, like you.

May I ask you how long after you got your receipt notice we’re you informed of your AOS application being transferred to your local field office?

I have not received any such notice. About two weeks ago I spoke with a Tier 2 officer who told me that my application was still at NBC

Timeline
Just now, catmom said:

I have not received any such notice. About two weeks ago I spoke with a Tier 2 officer who told me that my application was still at NBC

Ok, thanks for your answer. I guess I’ll just have to be patient then😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.