RO_AH

Does it Ever End?? Interview Today

11 posts in this topic

You spend so much time researching. You read everything you can. You spend months preparing. Yet there is almost always another hurdle to cross. My wife's birth certificate is listed as late registration which is very common in the Philippines. You are born out in a province, a lot of times at your home. If your lucky maybe some sort of midwife assisting. Then the next time you can travel to the nearest LCR you go and register the birth. Well because of this (I don't know if this has always been the case) they require EXTRA documentation. No where in any of the information that I have seen so far is this listed (unless I missed something. They did not keep her passport which means she will need to go back. Her medical will expire 8/8 and I am still trying to be able to go there to get her and the children if I can get the magical mystery visa and exemption. Yet I can't even buy tickets for any of us until I know we have the visa.

received_347488423384121.jpeg.b330e908cad993313ab47bdfd2716919.jpeg

22 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

You spend so much time researching. You read everything you can. You spend months preparing. Yet there is almost always another hurdle to cross. My wife's birth certificate is listed as late registration which is very common in the Philippines. You are born out in a province, a lot of times at your home. If your lucky maybe some sort of midwife assisting. Then the next time you can travel to the nearest LCR you go and register the birth. Well because of this (I don't know if this has always been the case) they require EXTRA documentation. No where in any of the information that I have seen so far is this listed (unless I missed something. They did not keep her passport which means she will need to go back. Her medical will expire 8/8 and I am still trying to be able to go there to get her and the children if I can get the magical mystery visa and exemption. Yet I can't even buy tickets for any of us until I know we have the visa.

received_347488423384121.jpeg.b330e908cad993313ab47bdfd2716919.jpeg

I’m a little unclear what documents she needs to gather but with most 221g’s she should be able to mail the requested documents with her passport via 2go and usually it’s free of charge. It should state somewhere on the 221g form. 

You’re  so close to ending this nightmare and the 8/8 timeframe should be doable. They need about 2-3 weeks time to process the visa once they have whatever documents they are looking for.  You should designate that you’ll pick up the visa at a 2go office in Manila. That will save you a few days or more compared to if it’s mailed to her home. Also if you designate the MOA 2go to pick up at that shaves off another day. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Baptismal or school transcripts shouldn't be too hard to come up with. I do agree though that late filing of the BC is pretty common. 

1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

You should designate that you’ll pick up the visa at a 2go office in Manila. That will save you a few days or more compared to if it’s mailed to her home. Also if you designate the MOA 2go to pick up at that shaves off another day. 

Not sure I agree with this due to the current difficulties of domestic travel.

6 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Baptismal or school transcripts shouldn't be too hard to come up with. I do agree though that late filing of the BC is pretty common. 

Not sure I agree with this due to the current difficulties of domestic travel.

This is what we did and it’s no issue if they are in Manila.  We were in the same situation with the stolen passport and this was in Dec-Feb timeframe when restrictions were more than they are now. If everyone is in Manila it will 100% be no issue at all. We chose pickup because if it was mailed to the provinces, some provinces were only getting mail once a week if that. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

My wife got this for her first Japan Tourist Visa application due to being late registered.  She needs her "Form 137" from her school.  There may be a separate one for elementary school and high school.  In my wife's case she got a formal certification from DepEd that she had attended but her records were unavailable due to being washed out to sea by a super typhoon.  If she has relatives in the provence send them directly to the school.  For baptismal go to local parish.  If her relatives in the province will do the footwork for her it's a huge help.

If you don't mind me asking, how late was she registered?  A few years, or longer than that?  My wife was 5 y/o when she was registered.  I suppose we should prepare for the same.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

This is what we did and it’s no issue if they are in Manila.  We were in the same situation with the stolen passport and this was in Dec-Feb timeframe when restrictions were more than they are now. If everyone is in Manila it will 100% be no issue at all. We chose pickup because if it was mailed to the provinces, some provinces were only getting mail once a week if that. 

She is in Bulacan so delivery should be pretty quick.

39 minutes ago, top_secret said:

My wife got this for her first Japan Tourist Visa application due to being late registered.  She needs her "Form 137" from her school.  There may be a separate one for elementary school and high school.  In my wife's case she got a formal certification from DepEd that she had attended but her records were unavailable due to being washed out to sea by a super typhoon.  If she has relatives in the provence send them directly to the school.  For baptismal go to local parish.  If her relatives in the province will do the footwork for her it's a huge help.

If you don't mind me asking, how late was she registered?  A few years, or longer than that?  My wife was 5 y/o when she was registered.  I suppose we should prepare for the same.

I never paid close enough attention while looking at her BC until now. My first red flag a while back was when I noticed her parents were close to 50 years old on her BC. I just looked closer after this happened. It turns out he father went and registered her birth in the province when she was 18 years old. She needed a BC to graduate high school. She has lived in Bulacan since she was 3. She has all of her HS records because she needed them for her passport. She will try to get her elementary records too. I also told her to look for any old school ID's as well. This is all such a pain in the butt.

4 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I never paid close enough attention while looking at her BC until now. My first red flag a while back was when I noticed her parents were close to 50 years old on her BC. I just looked closer after this happened. It turns out he father went and registered her birth in the province when she was 18 years old. She needed a BC to graduate high school. She has lived in Bulacan since she was 3. She has all of her HS records because she needed them for her passport. She will try to get her elementary records too. I also told her to look for any old school ID's as well. This is all such a pain in the butt.

Well much easier if the schools are in Bulacan then out really "in the province". Also less chance the records got washed out to sea by a super typhoon"  It is "Form 137" that she needs.  It's standardized and all Filipino students have a "Form 137".  You can also check for yearbooks.  Philippine Schools often have those and there will be a copy somewhere.  The Catholic Church is usually fairly good about maintaining baptismal records too and the parish should be able to issue a new baptismal certificate for a nominal fee 

My wife was registered when she was 5.  However her mother, who is 50 something (no one is exactly sure), remains completely unregistered to this day.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

19 minutes ago, top_secret said:

It is "Form 137" that she needs

Yes, she has that. She needed it for her passport. She was never baptized or been to a doctor or hospital before she was 16 so all we have is her school records.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I definitely feel your pain, RO_AH!  This process does often seem like a never-ending series of demands for "one more thing".  And each "one more thing" seems to result in wasted travel money, wasted fees, enormous amounts of wasted time, etc.  So frustrating!  I hope it all works out for you soon!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Well my wife has had a busy day even though she is preparing for our oldest son's 3rd birthday party tomorrow. She was able to get her elementary Form 137e and she already had her Form 137 from HS. She went and visited several of her Elementary teachers and got the original form along with class some pictures. She will scan them all to send to the USEM. I am hoping it will be enough since she has no medical records and was not baptized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.