LoveWins2021

May 2021 i130 Petition ❤️

221 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
6 hours ago, Elliott & Dora said:

Which site or app did you use that told you the service center?

Lawfully, you have to manually put in your service center otherwise it picks Potomac as a default. 

💒5.5.2020

PD 2021-05-20

Vermont Service Center

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2022 at 8:25 PM, Jacke said:

We arrived in the US on May 7th, just updated everything on our timeline/profile. May be helpful for anyone in a similar situation where your regular US Embassy is no longer an option for an interview. 

Congrats!! How were you able to transfer embassy and expedite your interview date at the embassy? 

On 12/12/2022 at 6:18 PM, Steffen & Rafael said:

I haven't written in a while, but finally our interview appointment has arrived! For January 23, 2023. 

Oh wow congrats!! I just saw your update here! So how was your husband's interview? I'm waiting for NVC to schedule an interview for my husband.  I'd love to hear an update with the interview process. Congrats again!

Edited by Kdiallo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kdiallo said:

Oh wow congrats!! I just saw your update here! So how was your husband's interview? I'm waiting for NVC to schedule an interview for my husband.  I'd love to hear an update with the interview process. Congrats again!

Hi and thank you!

So my husband had his interview in Mexico, specifically in Ciudad Juárez. We got the biometrics done in Tijuana on the 17th. We arrived there on the 18th. He had his medical exam done on Thursday (luckily he had all his vaccinations are they would've charged him an arm and leg) and he picked up his results on Friday. Then on the 23rd came the 1st of 2 interviews. It was quick. This day he was only busy for like 45-50 minutes. He gave them his birth certificate, our marriage certificate,, police certificate, and his passport. They asked who petitioned him (me), where was the petitioner at the present moment (in the hotel in Juárez lol), do I speak Spanish, and just to verify my phone number and address, plus the names of his parents. Apparently there's no sense of privacy. You can hear other people getting interviewed with their cases being either approved or denied. They gave him a blue slip with the date and time of the next appointment, and told him to read something about the rights of victims of domestic violence and the law. There was a QR code on the slip for that.

The next day he was inside the consulate for nearly 3 hours, just waiting to be called upon. When he finally went to see the interview officer the questions went by pretty fast. This time they only asked to see my birth certificate. Again they asked who petitioned him, what relation do I have to him, where do I work, where did I meet, when did we get married, has he had any problem with the police in the past, and in what city was I born. Also they asked if he read about the domestic violence and the rights of the victim. They told him congratulations he was approved, gave him the coveted green slip, and kept his passport. His passport should arrive in Tijuana soon with the visa attached inside.

On 1/26/2023 at 7:29 PM, Steffen & Rafael said:

Hi and thank you!

So my husband had his interview in Mexico, specifically in Ciudad Juárez. We got the biometrics done in Tijuana on the 17th. We arrived there on the 18th. He had his medical exam done on Thursday (luckily he had all his vaccinations are they would've charged him an arm and leg) and he picked up his results on Friday. Then on the 23rd came the 1st of 2 interviews. It was quick. This day he was only busy for like 45-50 minutes. He gave them his birth certificate, our marriage certificate,, police certificate, and his passport. They asked who petitioned him (me), where was the petitioner at the present moment (in the hotel in Juárez lol), do I speak Spanish, and just to verify my phone number and address, plus the names of his parents. Apparently there's no sense of privacy. You can hear other people getting interviewed with their cases being either approved or denied. They gave him a blue slip with the date and time of the next appointment, and told him to read something about the rights of victims of domestic violence and the law. There was a QR code on the slip for that.

The next day he was inside the consulate for nearly 3 hours, just waiting to be called upon. When he finally went to see the interview officer the questions went by pretty fast. This time they only asked to see my birth certificate. Again they asked who petitioned him, what relation do I have to him, where do I work, where did I meet, when did we get married, has he had any problem with the police in the past, and in what city was I born. Also they asked if he read about the domestic violence and the rights of the victim. They told him congratulations he was approved, gave him the coveted green slip, and kept his passport. His passport should arrive in Tijuana soon with the visa attached inside.

Congratulations!!!  Thanks for the detailed response it helps a ton! The long wait is so so worth it in the end! Congrats again to you both!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, Steffen & Rafael said:

I haven't written in a while, but finally our interview appointment has arrived! For January 23, 2023. 

Hi and congratulations! Could you please advise about the police certificate. Had you got in Tijuana? I got mine from Gobierno de Baja California. I worry that it's not what is required. Please if you have a link for the request of police certificate you had it would be very helpful. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, UCS said:

Hi and congratulations! Could you please advise about the police certificate. Had you got in Tijuana? I got mine from Gobierno de Baja California. I worry that it's not what is required. Please if you have a link for the request of police certificate you had it would be very helpful. 

I believe you have the right document My husband went to El Palacio in Tijuana. He went to the place directly, so I don't have the link. It also says Gobierno de Baja California. I've attached an edited copy

Screenshot 2023-02-14 212636.png

Edited by Steffen & Rafael
other file

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 9:18 PM, Steffen & Rafael said:

I believe you have the right document My husband went to El Palacio in Tijuana. He went to the place directly, so I don't have the link. It also says Gobierno de Baja California. I've attached an edited copy

Screenshot 2023-02-14 212636.png

Thank you so much! My paper looks the same  

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.