dady12

Green card error

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I came to USA after 2 years of married and was issue cr1 and i told officer and replied your approval was CR1 , i got 2 years conditional gc , i called uscis again but the customers service did not help, i file to remove condition and exactly 1 year i got a fingerprint appointment today which i did but on getting home i got a letter from uscis that decision have been taken on my case that i dont have no condition to remove, the letter instruct that i should file i-90 and mark 2d that the mistake is from DHS and no fees, also to submit the letter with original resident card...my question is 

How long will it take to get a new card after waiting one year ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, dady12 said:

I came to USA after 2 years of married and was issue cr1 and i told officer and replied your approval was CR1 , i got 2 years conditional gc , i called uscis again but the customers service did not help, i file to remove condition and exactly 1 year i got a fingerprint appointment today which i did but on getting home i got a letter from uscis that decision have been taken on my case that i dont have no condition to remove, the letter instruct that i should file i-90 and mark 2d that the mistake is from DHS and no fees, also to submit the letter with original resident card...my question is 

It's a new form you're filing. The wait starts all over again. You might need to do biometrics again. I-90 is taking almost 1 year.

Timeline
2 hours ago, dady12 said:

I did biometric today for the closed 1175, will i mail it to the same address as i175?

Like I said, it's a different form, different application. Your old biometrics might not be reused.

File the i-90 online. If you want to mail, it's a different address. Go to the USCIS website to check.

1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

Like I said, it's a different form, different application. Your old biometrics might not be reused.

File the i-90 online. If you want to mail, it's a different address. Go to the USCIS website to check.

ok thanks but do you think the online will be faster?i was also told to submit my greencard with the form they sent to me 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dady12 said:

ok thanks but do you think the online will be faster?i was also told to submit my greencard with the form they sent to me 

Yes, the online eliminates the 1-2 months wait time for the lockbox to receive, accept and send the NOA. If you file online, you can keep the card until they are ready to give a decision. They will send a RFE for you to send the card.

17 hours ago, dady12 said:

Should be a few months. However, once you get the I-90 receipt notice you can schedule an infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp (also known as an ADIT stamp) into your foreign passport. It's valid for 1 year (and if it somehow takes longer you can just get another one) and can be used for anything that a physical green card can be used for (work, social security, international travel, getting a driver's license, etc). So while inconvenient, it's not like you'll end up with nothing to prove that you're a green card holder.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

14 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Yes, the online eliminates the 1-2 months wait time for the lockbox to receive, accept and send the NOA. If you file online, you can keep the card until they are ready to give a decision. They will send a RFE for you to send the card.

Ok thank u.i appreciate your help

6 hours ago, Demise said:

Should be a few months. However, once you get the I-90 receipt notice you can schedule an infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp (also known as an ADIT stamp) into your foreign passport. It's valid for 1 year (and if it somehow takes longer you can just get another one) and can be used for anything that a physical green card can be used for (work, social security, international travel, getting a driver's license, etc). So while inconvenient, it's not like you'll end up with nothing to prove that you're a green card holder.

Ok thank you.i appreciate

2 minutes ago, Annmar said:

I did it for my son and it took about 6 months 

Did u file online or send to lockbox?

• 1 month later...

I file online application to replace my greencard that came with error as CR1, i file to remove condition and was told to file i 90 that i suppose to have IR1 , i file i90 and i got RFE to submit the card ,i did not get the letter on mail so i have to print it from uscis online under document on my online account  and return the card to the uscis and check my statue updating to document received..but when i check under document online i saw this attachment 

Screenshot_20210521-213510.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to General Immigration Discussion, from AOS K1/K3 P&P- As the OP came to the US on a spousal visa there is not adjustment of status. He is trying to correct an error.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.