mkzty

Have we been skipped in the Queue?!?

18 posts in this topic

We were documentarily qualified on the 4th of December and have been waiting on an interview schedule since then. (We are in Ireland). 

There are at least three people who were DQ’d *after* us, on 14 Dec, 12 Feb, and 16 Feb respectively, who have all now received interview dates yesterday (May 18th) for June. 

Did we get skipped in the Q?? How does this happen? When phoning the NVC, the first woman we spoke to claims this never happens.... she then asked us to give her the case information of those who have been scheduled (private information, surely?!), in order for her to flag it. Since it is private information we asked if she could flag it without those details, to which she said no. 

We rang again, the second woman we spoke to then proceeded to tell us the same thing, while also claiming that Ireland has not released ANY interview dates, which we know is completely false, as many people have had their interviews this month (May) and been approved, in addition to the new June appointments. 

What do we do?! It seems that all they could tell us is that “we are in the queue”, but if people who were DQ’d after us get interviews before us, then surely this is a mistake?!

Please help. We are at a loss and have no idea what to do. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, mkzty said:

Since it is private information

Case numbers, alone, are not private information.  I would give them that information for those who received interviews.  My understanding is that this should not happen at NVC.  Interviews should be given IN ORDER once you enter the queue for that consulate....unless those cases were expedited. 

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

15 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Case numbers, alone, are not private information.  I would give them that information for those who received interviews.  My understanding is that this should not happen at NVC.  Interviews should be given IN ORDER once you enter the queue for that consulate....unless those cases were expedited. 

Hey thanks for the reply! The problem is they also wanted the DOB of both the petitioner and applicant and the only person who I’ve been messaging isn’t comfortable giving me that information (fair enough). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, mkzty said:

Hey thanks for the reply! The problem is they also wanted the DOB of both the petitioner and applicant and the only person who I’ve been messaging isn’t comfortable giving me that information (fair enough). 

They should be fully capable of doing their research using the case number only.  Getting them to do so is another story.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, mkzty said:

Who do you need to message to get tbe DOB information from if you are calling and checking on your own case?

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Who do you need to message to get tbe DOB information from if you are calling and checking on your own case?

Hi- no they’ll tell me that my case is “in the queue” but if I want to say that other people have been scheduled before me, they asked for that person’s case number and DOB. Which I don’t have. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
17 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Hey! I don't know how much I can help, but I think this is happening in my country as well. We don't have a lot of Albanians in here, but we know that there was a couple in June that got scheduled before another couple in May and the June case was not expedited. I heard about another case in Paris similar to this one. 

I've read here in Visajourney that they never skip the queue, but I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I've also called NVC and they only tell me I'm in queue with no other information. 

8 minutes ago, At175 said:

Hey! I don't know how much I can help, but I think this is happening in my country as well. We don't have a lot of Albanians in here, but we know that there was a couple in June that got scheduled before another couple in May and the June case was not expedited. I heard about another case in Paris similar to this one. 

I've read here in Visajourney that they never skip the queue, but I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I've also called NVC and they only tell me I'm in queue with no other information. 

Thank you so much for your reply. 

It’s helpful at least to know that we aren’t crazy and it’s happened to other people. If we have to wait for an appointment a little longer that’s no problem, but we were scared that they’ve forgotten about us! Hoping that’s not the case...

20 hours ago, mkzty said:

Has this happened to anyone else?

I was just about to make a post asking this when I stumbled upon yours! 

I am in the same exact situation as you!

We have been DQ since August 11th, 2020 and are waiting for an interview to be scheduled in the UAE. It has been 9+ months and for the last 5 rounds of ILs I've seen so many DQs ahead of ours (both on VJ and in private groups) get scheduled. The first time it happened I thought eh, we will be in the next batch but then the next month came and...nothing! Now it has happened several  more times with the latest being this Tuesday the 18th! There were individuals with DQs even in March 2021 who got ILs for June!! (These were NOT expedited cases).

Every rep and resource I have read/asked chants that NVC schedules in order of DQ dates but clearly this is not the case?

A few months back I even started to wonder if I even had our DQ date correct and inquired with NVC to find out- I was paranoid that we weren't even DQ even though I got the email and the message on CEAC. I got that confirmed but they couldn't help much and said they can only comment on my case and not others due to privacy (which I totally understand) but what is going on?!?

I'm completely deflated and lost on what to do at this point! I've reached out MULTIPLE times to both the Embassy and NVC. Neither have helped at all and I always get the same responses (your case is DQ and in line/your case is at NVC so wait till your scheduled from them). 

As of right now DQs that have only been waiting 2 or so months are scheduled for interviews in June while our case has been waiting 9+ and we got nothing? 

If anyone has any advice or knows of anything I can do, please let me know! I also know of a few other cases (not on VJ) that are going through the same thing and we are all baffled!

I totally understand that there has been delays and backlogs and everything with COVID but I believe there has to be some other issue when interviews are being scheduled monthly but we are left waiting for months while others breeze by?

18 hours ago, mkzty said:

Hi- no they’ll tell me that my case is “in the queue” but if I want to say that other people have been scheduled before me, they asked for that person’s case number and DOB. Which I don’t have. 

How have you gotten them to even talk to you about this? When I have asked they just shut it down outright and tell me to wait. :( 

Also, how do they expect you supposed to provide this for someone else's case?!

20 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

My understanding is that this should not happen at NVC.  Interviews should be given IN ORDER once you enter the queue for that consulate....unless those cases were expedited. 

Currently going through this too, any advice on what to do?

13 minutes ago, RandW said:

How have you gotten them to even talk to you about this? When I have asked they just shut it down outright and tell me to wait. :( 

Also, how do they expect you supposed to provide this for someone else's case?!

I just told them that we know several people who have had interviews ahead of us and told them the dates of those interviews. That’s when person 1 said “it’s not possible” and person 2 said Ireland isn’t giving interviews (false!). They both said in order for them to do ANYTHING about it, they’d need the peoples’ case information... which is absurd?! The people I’ve spoken to won’t give it to me understandable as we are complete strangers. 

I filled out the contact form on NVC with same info and will see what they said. I also sent an email to both the embassy and my Representative back at home. I haven’t had any responses but if months go by and we continue to hear nothing, I’m contacting a lawyer.

3 minutes ago, mkzty said:

I just told them that we know several people who have had interviews ahead of us and told them the dates of those interviews. That’s when person 1 said “it’s not possible” and person 2 said Ireland isn’t giving interviews (false!). They both said in order for them to do ANYTHING about it, they’d need the peoples’ case information... which is absurd?! The people I’ve spoken to won’t give it to me understandable as we are complete strangers. 

I filled out the contact form on NVC with same info and will see what they said. I also sent an email to both the embassy and my Representative back at home. I haven’t had any responses but if months go by and we continue to hear nothing, I’m contacting a lawyer.

I tried bringing this up several times on the phone too and they outright told me they couldn't discuss other cases with me and then told me ours was in the queue so I should wait till we are scheduled and hung up.

I think I need to start looking to escalate this issue. I've been trying to be patient for months but this is getting out of hand. I don't know how they can be scheduling every month (so its not an issue with the embassy being shut/COVID, etc) but skipping people for months and then not even trying to provide an explanation or fix it the next month? 

Please update me when you hear anything!

and if anyone knows of lawyers that would be willing to take up something like this, please message me! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
1 minute ago, RandW said:

I tried bringing this up several times on the phone too and they outright told me they couldn't discuss other cases with me and then told me ours was in the queue so I should wait till we are scheduled and hung up.

I think I need to start looking to escalate this issue. I've been trying to be patient for months but this is getting out of hand. I don't know how they can be scheduling every month (so its not an issue with the embassy being shut/COVID, etc) but skipping people for months and then not even trying to provide an explanation or fix it the next month? 

Please update me when you hear anything!

and if anyone knows of lawyers that would be willing to take up something like this, please message me! 

Yes, please keep me updated as well on how things go! You are right, any lawyers name that helped you would be useful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.