Mundrione

Soldier in service in Italy winning green card

14 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Mundrione said:

Hi to everyone. I know that is unusual but the question is that: Can a military(Non U.S.) in active service be eligible for win a green card? Thank you a lot for every answer

Based on what? What is your link with the US?

You can sure try Diversity Visa Lottery.

10 minutes ago, Mundrione said:

I mean, be an Italian soldier at the moment of the consular interview would be a problem? 

I don't think so, because one of the requirements said:

Military Records

Persons who have served in the military forces of any country must submit a copy of their military record.

You can read all the information about how to apply and what you need to qualify on the official website

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-submit-entry1.html

What I really don't think you can do is be active on the military service because you will be applying to be a resident of the US, but probably you can check this with your local law. 

Good luck

Edited by Paula&Johnny

Just now, Mundrione said:

Yes I know but military record talk to the past. I don't know.. I can't find out anything similar on the web

I just add the info that :

What I really don't think you can do is be active on the military service because you will be applying to be a resident of the US, but probably you can check this with your local law. 

4 minutes ago, Mundrione said:

If at the moment of the interview they say I am OK for green card I am going to leave army obviously. But my question is about during the interview, the fact that I am a soldier in that moment can cause my disqualify? 

This is a really tricky question.  Maybe you can try email the US EMBASSY in Italy and ask them.  I asked a lot of questions to my local US Embassy before applying for my visa and they answered all my doubts.

Of course, it’s not a problem. It might lead to significantly more security checks if you were in the military of a country hostile to the US, but that’s not the case for Italy. 

One thought is they may require you to resign the position before you are actually issued with an immigrant visa (not sure if they would ) - but they certainly wouldn’t expect you to resign before an interview without knowing if you’d be approved. Have you been selected for DV22 or are you asking before applying for DV23?

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mundrione said:

If at the moment of the interview they say I am OK for green card I am going to leave army obviously. But my question is about during the interview, the fact that I am a soldier in that moment can cause my disqualify? 

You folks over there are not declaring war on us are you?

This is not a problem, assuming you are not dishonorably discharged and the Italian army doesn’t have you out doing war crimes and setting up crazy regimes anywhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.