Andrebjj

Visit father who is married a GC Holder

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your son can apply for a visitor visa.  Whether he will be granted a visa or not will depend on overcoming the legal presumption that all applicants plan to illegally immigrate to the US.  

I have Visa O1 and his already have tourists visa.

but my question is:

i spoke with American Airlines and they said he can be eligible to come in bc he have a sister here.

also my wife have green card(his stepmom) so any of those two options can work?

since we have a travel ban from brazil.

thank you

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Andrebjj said:

but my question is:

i spoke with American Airlines and they said he can be eligible to come in bc he have a sister here.

thank you

Your son already has a visitor visa, right?

If you son has a visitor visa, he meets the exception of having a US citizen sibling and both siblings are under 21, so he can visit the US and fly directly from Brazil to the US.  

He will need a copy of his sister's US birth certificate and a copy of his birth certificate.  His sister's US birth certificate will show that she's a US citizen under age 21.  Both birth certificates will show that you are the father in common and that they are siblings. 

Edited by aaron2020

7 minutes ago, Andrebjj said:

but my question is:

thank you

Ok, it would have been clearer for people to answer if you had specified upfront your concern was about the travel ban (not around him traveling as a minor).

The proclamation with list of exceptions is here https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/25/proclamation-on-the-suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-non-immigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease/ 

the two that might apply to him are 

v)     any noncitizen who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(vi)    any noncitizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications

Also. Will he travel alone?  Not all airlines will take a 7-year old as an unaccompanied minor on an international flight. Will he be ok to do that - or will he get very stressed flying without a family member for so long?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andrebjj said:

but my question is:

thank you

American airlines doesn't make the rules.  Neither a stepmother or sister in the US will be any advantage,  might even be a detriment

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

American airlines doesn't make the rules.  Neither a stepmother or sister in the US will be any advantage,  might even be a detriment

His son already has a visitor visa.  

Having a US citizen sibling is an exception to the Brazil travel ban.  

6 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

His son already has a visitor visa.  

Having a US citizen sibling is an exception to the Brazil travel ban.  

If sibling is under 21, if the sister’s age was mentioned I missed it.

14 minutes ago, Andrebjj said:

Yeah his have Tourist visa.

He will come with Alone with the unaccompanied service.

He tried board yesterday but they didn’t let him 😞

But when i call before to buy the tickets they said he was ilegible to come in.

I appreciate y’all 🙏🏻♥️

Who was the adult taking him to board? What proof of the relationships to the US family members was shown? Did he get a Covid test within the required timeframe to fly?

28 minutes ago, Andrebjj said:

His mom was boarding him. He had the half sister’s birth certificate and yes, he had a negative test. 

Can you confirm that the sister is under 21?

14 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Did he have a copy of his birth certificate?

^ this, he needs to show proof that they have a parent in common.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.