TNguyen501

US Embassy in Vietnam close?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City is not closed.  It has cancelled some interviews because of COVID.  They are still open and conducting limited numbers of interviews.  

Always go to the US Consulate's website for the latest news.

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

*** Given the current COVID-19 situation in Vietnam, the Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City will limit the number of applicants and customers allowed to enter the U.S. Consulate General from Monday, May 10, 2021 to Friday, May 14, 2021 Several American Citizen Services (ACS), Immigrant Visas (IV), and Nonimmigrant Visas (NIV) appointments have been canceled.  Impacted applicants will receive notification individually via e-mail with instructions on how to reschedule their appointment.

*** PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE EMBASSY OR CONSULATE GENERAL IF YOU HAVE VISITED ANY OUTBREAK AREAS identified by the Government of Vietnam within the past 21 days.  Please be aware that the consular sections in Hanoi and HCMC may proactively cancel appointments or screen out customers coming from outbreak regions in the interest of safety.  The standard precautions of mask use, hand hygiene, and social distancing remain in effect within the embassy and the consulate general.  In addition, if you are not feeling well, please do not enter Embassy or Consulate General facilities and please reschedule your appointment.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

some people are saying there are not appointments until August or after now. Is this for real? We've waited 411 days since we started the process, and interviews are months out. And we can't even meet. This is torture. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 10:14 PM, daniel_and_lily said:

some people are saying there are not appointments until August or after now. Is this for real? We've waited 411 days since we started the process, and interviews are months out. And we can't even meet. This is torture. 

My wifes interview was in November. We got a 221g and have been waiting  since just to turn in documents. I hope that appointments start before August. I don't know where you read that at. But I would like to know more. Another 3 months of waiting is horrible. Good luck! My wife and I started immigration in jan 2019. Due to a bunch of delays shes still not here. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sorasykes said:

My wifes interview was in November. We got a 221g and have been waiting  since just to turn in documents. I hope that appointments start before August. I don't know where you read that at. But I would like to know more. Another 3 months of waiting is horrible. Good luck! My wife and I started immigration in jan 2019. Due to a bunch of delays shes still not here. 

Someone on the facebook groups for vn had said they had seen an appointment slot show up in their navigation window that indicated that there was a slot available for August. She didn't manage to get the booking before the slot was gone however. I don't know how reliable that is, but ... still sucks. Someone from here I've kept in contact with said it took his fiance's three weeks of constant checking to get one, but that was before the new covid mess happened.

That sucks that it's taken so long for you :(

Timeline
2 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

Someone on the facebook groups for vn had said they had seen an appointment slot show up in their navigation window that indicated that there was a slot available for August. She didn't manage to get the booking before the slot was gone however. I don't know how reliable that is, but ... still sucks. Someone from here I've kept in contact with said it took his fiance's three weeks of constant checking to get one, but that was before the new covid mess happened.

That sucks that it's taken so long for you :(

I check atleast 5 times a day and have gotten no where. I wish you the best of luck. If you hear anything else I would very much like to know. Thank you. I'll update if I ever get an appointment.

Edited by Sorasykes

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

yeah, looks dead. I heard they were open for a few days in april, and haven't opened since for new appointments. Someone has an appointment June 18, and I heard someone who git for June25th, but this is from booking back in April.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TNguyen501 said:

https://vn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

scroll all the way down to consular operation.

Thanks for the link. Lets hope for the best

• 2 months later...
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Bill Hamze said:

Any word on the consulate reopening now that Ho Chi Minh City has ended the lockdown?

https://vn.usembassy.gov/gradual-opening-of-ho-chi-minh-city/

"The U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City will gradually resume normal appointment scheduling for American Citizen Services...Other consular services including Nonimmigrant and Immigrant visa interviews will also gradually resume as staffing, safety guidelines, and local regulations permit"

Edited by daniel_and_lily

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.