Sorasykes

221g scheduling

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife received the 221g letter for her CR1 visa. She received it after her interview in November of 2020. We have everything we need and had all documents ready 3 months ago. We have not been able to schedule an appointment to turn in new evidence. I tried emailing the consulate and calling them. They have just told me its first come first serve. We check every day.  Does anyone have any advice? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not sure how helpful this will be now, but in when trying to schedule a K1 appointment in April 2018 and a K2 follow-to-join appointment in October, we found that new appointments (dozens) were posted on Friday between 1-2:00pm Vietnam time.  Openings due to a cancellation can show up at anytime, though.  Best of luck to you! - Jason

Timeline
16 minutes ago, JasonGG said:

Not sure how helpful this will be now, but in when trying to schedule a K1 appointment in April 2018 and a K2 follow-to-join appointment in October, we found that new appointments (dozens) were posted on Friday between 1-2:00pm Vietnam time.  Openings due to a cancellation can show up at anytime, though.  Best of luck to you! - Jason

Thank you so much!

Timeline

We just got an interview. You have to check the appointment calendar several times a day. The appointments go quickly, and as soon as you see one open, you have to book it right away or it will be gone. It took me a month before I was finally able to get an appointment. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jim and Lan said:

We just got an interview. You have to check the appointment calendar several times a day. The appointments go quickly, and as soon as you see one open, you have to book it right away or it will be gone. It took me a month before I was finally able to get an appointment. 

Thank you, we have been checking for 3 months. We are just unlucky I guess. Im going check every couple hours and hopefully get this over with. 

On 4/27/2021 at 1:07 PM, Sorasykes said:

Thank you, we have been checking for 3 months. We are just unlucky I guess. Im going check every couple hours and hopefully get this over with. 

Are you scheduling via 221g link? We were able to schedule our appointment to submit requested documents the same day we had our initial interview. My wifes interview was on March 4th, she received the 221g and that evening I was able to schedule an appointment for April 23rd. And there was a calander up for at least a few days. Make sure you are following the blue forms instructions. Hope this helps. My wife submitted requested documents and passed on the 23rd and the visa issued yesterday. Good luck. All will he well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I still haven't been able to schedule anything since I made this Thread. This is very frustrating. Im going to try contacting them again. We got the 221g letter in november. This cant just be bad timing when checking the schedule.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We have a similar thread, my wife and I have been calling hourly each day since she got the 221g, I called at 00:55am HCM time on June 1st, there was only one appointment 😊👍

I had checked about 00:05 before saying good night to Be. There were no dates available. You can check from US

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

Timeline
3 hours ago, turbo2253 said:

We have a similar thread, my wife and I have been calling hourly each day since she got the 221g, I called at 00:55am HCM time on June 1st, there was only one appointment 😊👍

I had checked about 00:05 before saying good night to Be. There were no dates available. You can check from US

I check 5 times a day. I just haven't been lucky enough I guess. Hopefully it will happen soon. Immigration is the most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with. 

Timeline

You say Frustrating, today we got an email that says appointments have been canceled, and we should reschedule, I guess the consulate is closed until the 16th so far

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, Jim and Lan said:

what calendar were you checking?  The ustraveldocs.com only lets us check 3 times per day before we get frozen and can't check for days.

Edited by daniel_and_lily

Timeline

The same calendar you are using. Yes, it will kick me off, but sometimes I'm able to get on many times over a 24 hour period--can't explain how that happens. Our appt was scheduled for the 18th (today) and they cancelled it. The Consulate asked to reschedule. No luck yet in getting another appt. This is very frustrating. It appears that Vietnam has social distancing in place again, and Consular operations are slowing down. Good luck. We all need some at this point. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Jim and Lan said:

The same calendar you are using. Yes, it will kick me off, but sometimes I'm able to get on many times over a 24 hour period--can't explain how that happens. Our appt was scheduled for the 18th (today) and they cancelled it. The Consulate asked to reschedule. No luck yet in getting another appt. This is very frustrating. It appears that Vietnam has social distancing in place again, and Consular operations are slowing down. Good luck. We all need some at this point. 

I have been trying since February. I have had no luck at all. The worst part is I have until my November dead line. I know its still far enough away that there is hope. But it has already been 5+ months. I hope they are willing to extend the dead line if need be. We have been ready to turn in documents since Feb. 

Her family keeps telling me to get a lawyer. Im not sure that would help at this step.

Timeline

So sorry to hear this. This process is torture, to say the least. Our case got to the Consulate in February 2021, and we had one appointment cancelled (June 18) and trying to get another. I have a lawyer, and I emailed him today about filing a writ of mandamus, or an order that compels the Consulate to decide the visa case. I'll share the results of that with you as soon as I hear back--in a couple of days. At this point, I see "waiting" as no strategy. I'd ask you consider to shop around for an attorney willing to file a writ of mandamus. Anybody reading this who has filed a writ please let us know. 

Again, so sorry to hear your story. Stay positive and keep moving forward. Please share your victories when they happen. I praying for you guys. 

Jim and Lan

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jim and Lan said:

So sorry to hear this. This process is torture, to say the least. Our case got to the Consulate in February 2021, and we had one appointment cancelled (June 18) and trying to get another. I have a lawyer, and I emailed him today about filing a writ of mandamus, or an order that compels the Consulate to decide the visa case. I'll share the results of that with you as soon as I hear back--in a couple of days. At this point, I see "waiting" as no strategy. I'd ask you consider to shop around for an attorney willing to file a writ of mandamus. Anybody reading this who has filed a writ please let us know. 

Again, so sorry to hear your story. Stay positive and keep moving forward. Please share your victories when they happen. I praying for you guys. 

Jim and Lan

Thank you I will definitely do this. Its definitely worth a try if I can't get a appointment by the end of the month. I don't want them to decide until after we turn into the documents though. They gave us a 221g for a reason. We need to make sure they get all the evidence first. 

You say your appointment was canceled. Was it a 221g? You said your case was at the consulate in feb. They are two different appointments and Callender. 221g appointments are in the afternoon only.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.