Sorasykes

221g scheduling

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It seems possible people are going to the wrong place to reschedule interviews or schedule 221G appointments to submit additional info. Just in case, here is the address

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

you must register and give lots of information (more hoops), since they canceled all the appointments, everyone will need to reschedule whichever appointment they need. At this time they are closed so there are no appointment dates available. watch for the reopening of the Consulate, and be vigilant. You can check from the  US if you have the password while the are sleeping.

Good Luck to all

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, good post, but there's a problem. There does not seem to be a priority ranking system that the Consulate uses to rank order cases as they arrive at the Consulate. If you know that there is a a priority system, at least for K-1s, let us know.  So, given this scenario, it's entirely possible that somebody's case that just arrived at the Consulate could get an interview before ours, which arrived in February. So, you have an ever growing pond of people competing for a limited number of appointments. It's not only unfair, it's madness. As long as the Consulate remains closed, cases will continue to stack up. And, unless the Consulate dumps a huge number of appointments in the system, many people will never get an appointment. The solution here is for the Consulate to schedule appointments as the cases arrive at the Consulate. Unfortunately, this would be too much work for the Consulate. My attorney is preparing a Writ of Mandamus. We are tired of waiting. I would advise people who can't get appointments to inquire with an immigration attorney about the feasibility of obtaining a Writ. If you want to wait, so be it. I'm afraid you will be waiting too long. My honey met a woman at Cho Ray, who was getting her medical. The poor woman said that she was there to get a second medical, because her first had expired--she couldn't get an interview appointment. There's no excuse for the Consulate treating people the way they do. Good luck, folks. 

Timeline
On 6/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jim and Lan said:

Yes, good post, but there's a problem. There does not seem to be a priority ranking system that the Consulate uses to rank order cases as they arrive at the Consulate. If you know that there is a a priority system, at least for K-1s, let us know.  So, given this scenario, it's entirely possible that somebody's case that just arrived at the Consulate could get an interview before ours, which arrived in February. So, you have an ever growing pond of people competing for a limited number of appointments. It's not only unfair, it's madness. As long as the Consulate remains closed, cases will continue to stack up. And, unless the Consulate dumps a huge number of appointments in the system, many people will never get an appointment. The solution here is for the Consulate to schedule appointments as the cases arrive at the Consulate. Unfortunately, this would be too much work for the Consulate. My attorney is preparing a Writ of Mandamus. We are tired of waiting. I would advise people who can't get appointments to inquire with an immigration attorney about the feasibility of obtaining a Writ. If you want to wait, so be it. I'm afraid you will be waiting too long. My honey met a woman at Cho Ray, who was getting her medical. The poor woman said that she was there to get a second medical, because her first had expired--she couldn't get an interview appointment. There's no excuse for the Consulate treating people the way they do. Good luck, folks. 

Any updates on the Writ? Can it actually help? How long does it take to write one of these?

Edited by Sorasykes

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Following this topic. My mother appt was on June 4th 2021 but got cancel and I been trying to schedule an appt with no luck. Sometime I check the website too much it lock me out and I do it again next day with no luck

Timeline
14 hours ago, Sorasykes said:

Any updates on the Writ? Can it actually help? How long does it take to write one of these?

It takes about a week to write, but again, it depends upon the workload of your attorney. Once the Writ has been filed, the DOS has 60 days to respond. Nevertheless, they must perform their duty, or give you an interview Appt. They are only compelled to make a decision. They don’t have to approve your case. I will provide additional updates as I get them. 

Yes, it will help because you will get an appointment. They have no choice. Waiting is not a good strategy. I don’t believe that the Consulate has enough appointments for everybody, especially the K visas. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jim and Lan said:

It takes about a week to write, but again, it depends upon the workload of your attorney. Once the Writ has been filed, the DOS has 60 days to respond. Nevertheless, they must perform their duty, or give you an interview Appt. They are only compelled to make a decision. They don’t have to approve your case. I will provide additional updates as I get them. 

Yes, it will help because you will get an appointment. They have no choice. Waiting is not a good strategy. I don’t believe that the Consulate has enough appointments for everybody, especially the K visas. 

I'm a little confused, I will try contacting one today. My wife already had her interview. We are trying to schedule a day for her to turn in evidence. I definitely do not want them to decide my case without the additional evidence.

This is a 221g thread so I imagine everyone here was given a 221g.  The fact that we got them means they did not believe us in some form or another. 

I do not want them decide my case without the additional evidence. 

Timeline

No joy in Mudville. It appears based upon Consulate announcements..... In accordance with Ho Chi Minh City authorities’ Directive 10, the Consular Section of U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City will be closed for all routine services until further notice.
As local public health authorities maintain anti-COVID measures and to keep our staff and customers safe, the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi resumed limited operations with a reduced number of appointments beginning on June 14.

One wonders when this madness will end. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

It has been awhile has anyone had any luck? My cases dead line is November. Its getting closer and closer. I know its closed but if they don't re open anytime soon what will happen to cases that pass their deadlines. I really don't want to have to start over from USCIS again. Could we possibly do an emergency appointment?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
23 hours ago, Sorasykes said:

I have contacted a lawyer and will update after the consultation tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone. 

So the Lawyer said it would cost $2,000 and that the best he could do is keep trying to get us an interview by contacting them over and over. I'll keep trying other lawyers. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sorasykes said:

So the Lawyer said it would cost $2,000 and that the best he could do is keep trying to get us an interview by contacting them over and over. I'll keep trying other lawyers. 

A writ of mandamus is the best option. If all of us filed, we would get our visas.Look what’s happening in Thailand now. After the class action, they decided they would start processing K1 visas.  This Consulate is very poorly managed. Don’t give up, and don’t let these people ignore you. My writ has been filed and I’m waiting. Anybody out there that thinks that waiting is an option is kidding themselves. Good luck with your attorney search. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jim and Lan said:

A writ of mandamus is the best option. If all of us filed, we would get our visas.Look what’s happening in Thailand now. After the class action, they decided they would start processing K1 visas.  This Consulate is very poorly managed. Don’t give up, and don’t let these people ignore you. My writ has been filed and I’m waiting. Anybody out there that thinks that waiting is an option is kidding themselves. Good luck with your attorney search. 

He didn't even say it was an option. I will look into more. But I need them to give us an appointment for our CR1 visa. I dont want them to decide our case until we have our appointment. Hopefully another attorney will say its an option. I'll update as I talk to more attorneys.

But this whole thing is just ridiculous. We have been married 3 years and going through process for the same amount of time. I haven't seen her in two years almost. Good luck everyone.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Just posting an update!!!!!! We got our 221g appointment!!!!! I confirmed it this morning! 3 weeks before our dead line we finally got one!!!! I hope everyone is able to get one!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.