darth vader

Please advise - letter of intent to reestablish domicile

9 posts in this topic

Hi - Can you please review the below and provide feedback on the letter of intent to reestablish domicile? Anything we can do/present better? As letter explains my wife has already secured a U.S. job that is letting her work remotely for now. We thought of transferring funds to U.S. bank accounts but since we already have U.S. job we thought we'd hold off on that and do it slowly, in multiple chunks, until the interview. We just want to clear the NVC stage for now, while still looking decent when the CO reads this letter. Most likely my wife will sign an apartment lease and move to the U.S. a month ahead of the interview. Please review the letter below and suggest edits. Thanks!

I, XXXX, am currently residing in Canada with my husband (beneficiary XXXX).  It is my intent to move permanently to the United States on or before the approval of my husband’s immigrant visa.  Below you will find a list of attached documents that show the concrete steps I have taken to re-establish domicile in the United States:

1.       I have taken a full-time job in the United States. The job allows me to temporarily, work remotely from Canada while my spouse’s visa is still processing. The job offer letter, recent paystubs, and proof of my US Health Insurance through the company have been attached with this letter.

2.       I have already quit my Canadian job I had been working at.

3.       I have actively maintained my US credit cards (credit card statements attached)

4.       I have actively maintained my US bank accounts (bank balance screenshots attached)

5.       I have maintained my social security number (copy of social security number attached)

My parents will allow my husband and I to stay with them in their three-bedroom townhouse, with two fully furnished spare bedrooms available to us, until we find accommodation of our own.  Please see attached, my parents’ letter of housing support, along with their recent mortgage statement proving their ownership of the house. Please note, it is possible I may find different accommodation for my husband and myself by the time of our interview, in which case we will bring new lease to the interview.  If not, we will be staying at my parents’ townhouse which has two fully furnished spare bedrooms for us.

I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

Thank you,

XXXX

Edited by darth vader

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Us bank accounts are helpful

SS #  there is nothing you do to maintain this / it is yours for life even if you live outside the US

credit cards do not show US residency

a US physical address is needed like on driving license or rental agreement or AFFIDAIVIT that you will live with family till established

also the IRS tax transcripts for the years worked outside the US (with the tax exempt part for any Canadian income)

My letter of intent stated I intended on getting my license during my next visit. I had it in time for my spouses interview. Perhaps she can make an appt for it when she knows she is moving, then share a copy of the license, or even temp license, once received. And upload to CEAC.

voter reg is something that can be done/maintained outside of US

45 minutes ago, SJS8581 said:

My letter of intent stated I intended on getting my license during my next visit. I had it in time for my spouses interview. Perhaps she can make an appt for it when she knows she is moving, then share a copy of the license, or even temp license, once received. And upload to CEAC.

voter reg is something that can be done/maintained outside of US

Did you move ahead of the interview? Can you please share details on how you approached this? Did you have a U.S. job at the time of the interview?

16 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Did you move ahead of the interview? Can you please share details on how you approached this? Did you have a U.S. job at the time of the interview?

we chatted a bit about that previously but short answer is no I didn't move ahead and didn't have job at time of interview

check out my montreal consulate review and my posts in this thread for more info, Proving domicile when not living in the U.S.

1 hour ago, SJS8581 said:

we chatted a bit about that previously but short answer is no I didn't move ahead and didn't have job at time of interview

check out my montreal consulate review and my posts in this thread for more info, Proving domicile when not living in the U.S.

Saw your comment about what you did to address domicile. I am curious what you did for AOS - cosponsor or just assets?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.