Fatima7045

Waiting on interview.....JAMAICA

143 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Akilah15 said:

I would suggest you get it very soon because now that they start up again, you will be one of the first to get interview since your dq is March 2020. Don't forget to tell us when u get ur interview letter 😊

Yes dear I will get it soon. I hope I'll be getting interview real soon as well let's keep our fingers crossed that this time around we wont be disappointed again😊

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lackeisha876 said:

I’ve been away for a min but yes! They are finally expected to start taking new cases from the NVC come October. Please guys, join the community on Facebook it’s the Jamaica NVC Process group. Over 500 ppl and the interaction is heart warming. 

Sure👍

Good Morning!

I am a U.S. Citizen and our case for marriage green card became documentary qualified on August 31, 2021 with our interview at the U.S. embassy in Kingston Jamaica (husband resides currently in Grand Cayman.  Brazilian national).  We were anticipating a lengthy wait until receiving anything, but received the below email on September 1, 2021:

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in Kingston, JAM.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview.  We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time.  There is no need for you to take action at this time.

Due to us only being qualified a day prior, we were never notified of a date and time for an interview.

Is this a normal glitch in their system or does this sound like they are trying to expedite our interview quickly?

Thank you!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Javer004 said:

Good Morning!

I am a U.S. Citizen and our case for marriage green card became documentary qualified on August 31, 2021 with our interview at the U.S. embassy in Kingston Jamaica (husband resides currently in Grand Cayman.  Brazilian national).  We were anticipating a lengthy wait until receiving anything, but received the below email on September 1, 2021:

We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in Kingston, JAM.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview.  We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time.  There is no need for you to take action at this time.

Due to us only being qualified a day prior, we were never notified of a date and time for an interview.

Is this a normal glitch in their system or does this sound like they are trying to expedite our interview quickly?

Thank you!

Did you get this email from the embassy or from NVC? Also, did you request that your case be expedited?

24 minutes ago, Akilah15 said:

Did you get this email from the embassy or from NVC? Also, did you request that your case be expedited?

Hi, it looks like it's from the NVC.

I did not, may I ask how I can request it to be expedited?  That would be ideal!

Thank you!

Edited by Javer004

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Javer004 said:

Hi, it looks like it's from the NVC.

I did not, may I ask how I can request it to be expedited?  That would be ideal!

Thank you!

NVC usually sends that cancelation email when they're moving ur case to the embassy and that embassy would then schedule your interview. I would suggest calling them to confirm why it was done because they usually only do this when an expedite is approved.

11 hours ago, Akilah15 said:

NVC usually sends that cancelation email when they're moving ur case to the embassy and that embassy would then schedule your interview. I would suggest calling them to confirm why it was done because they usually only do this when an expedite is approved.

Oh interesting.  Well, It's great to see it moving and would certainly love if in fact it was expedited, but I will give them a ring to figure it out.  We did email them, but the email basically said they may or may not get back to us.  Thank you for your help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/15/2021 at 9:12 AM, Fatima7045 said:

No nothing all now😔

They sent out loads of interview letters yesterday. Many people DQ March 2020 got interview dates. Did you receive??

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Akilah15 said:

They sent out loads of interview letters yesterday. Many people DQ March 2020 got interview dates. Did you receive??

Hey y'all. Sorry I didn't update you guys before. I expedited my case. Expedite approved Nov 23rd and I did interview and medical already. Right now I'm just waiting on my visa to be issued. Praise God this process is almost complete 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.