Fatima7045

Waiting on interview.....JAMAICA

143 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Yes

If a K-1 says refused, it is either the medical or police certificate/background checks that is causing the refusal.  E-mail the embassy to ask why

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

If a K-1 says refused, it is either the medical or police certificate/background checks that is causing the refusal.  E-mail the embassy to ask why

I called the embassy and Nvc they said administration processing. But ppl with refused and short words after is really refused. I’m guess I’m just looking to see if anyone else experienced this. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

85878AC7-9E70-4199-8E76-44618B2F4A8D.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ms. Clarke said:

I called the embassy and Nvc they said administration processing. But ppl with refused and short words after is really refused. I’m guess I’m just looking to see if anyone else experienced this.

Refused is the same as administrative processing for them. Many cases show refused before it changes to issued. If it said "Denied" then that's an actual denial meaning you're not getting the visa and u have to appeal. Refuse is not bad, don't worry. Just like the previous person said they're either waiting on your police record, medical or something else they told you to submit at the interview. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Akilah15 said:

Refused is the same as administrative processing for them. Many cases show refused before it changes to issued. If it said "Denied" then that's an actual denial meaning you're not getting the visa and u have to appeal. Refuse is not bad, don't worry. Just like the previous person said they're either waiting on your police record, medical or something else they told you to submit at the interview. 

Not for a K-1, that is only true for IR/CR petitions.  These petitions are handled differently.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ms. Clarke said:

85878AC7-9E70-4199-8E76-44618B2F4A8D.jpeg

Did you get a 221g at the interview?  Are they waiting for any information?  My other thoughts is that they allowed your petition to expire so it has been refused.  

Timeline
On 5/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Did you get a 221g at the interview?  Are they waiting for any information?  My other thoughts is that they allowed your petition to expire so it has been refused.  

I didn’t owe any paperwork at the interview. Medical did ask for some paperwork that was turned in soon after. I called St. Andrews and they said they sent over the paperwork that was needed to the embassy already and contact the embassy for further information  When I called the embassy the didn’t say anything was missing the just said admin processing . 

Timeline
On 5/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, Pinkrlion said:

My petition did expire may 19 , what does that mean for my case ?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

My petition did expire may 19 , what does that mean for my case ?

The embassy has the authorization to extend a petition beyond expiration.  There are times when they will let the K-1 expire than keep it in AP.  If they let it expire or it has been refused due to some reason, you will have to re-apply.  However, before you re-apply make sure u know what happened and the reason.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

The embassy has the authorization to extend a petition beyond expiration.  There are times when they will let the K-1 expire than keep it in AP.  If they let it expire or it has been refused due to some reason, you will have to re-apply.  However, before you re-apply make sure u know what happened and the reason.  

“Let the petition expire and keep it in AP.” What is the point of this ? And I emailed the embassy they still didn’t respond via email but over the phone the said admin processing. I guess I just have to wait until the embassy decides to do something and let me know about it . It had been 31 days after the interview now. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I made this post in another forum.......

Seems like it will be a long wait fa real. My wife's PD is October 2017 I believe and DQ'd July 2020. F2A category. 

We got two letters from NVC so far, one in about March 2021 saying they would let us know if we have an interview or not in another 120 days...then recently received another email saying we should hear back from them in another 60 days if an interview is available. So hopefully by august we will hear back from them, but just feel its gonna be another extension again. Has anyone received such emails/letters? 

Based on the email I was hoping that by October/November 2021 we could get an interview date but if persons DQ'd from March 2020 haven't gotten one yet then..... :(

Also anyone know if its moving much faster for US citizens that are filing? 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Anna2020 said:

Good evening everyone any F2a PD is may 2020 get interview date yet just checking 

F2b  category dq march 2020. Received mail from nvc June 7th saying I could get interview in 60 days or if not they'll send me another mail at the end of 60 days. Just hoping I'll get interview date soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.