Wcalmt1

Emergencies for interviews

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering would worrying about the safety of your spouse and step children be cause to try for an emergency, To get interviews?  We are getting extremely worried about the tensions between Russia and the US.  Now Russia is saying "illegal" migrants have to leave by June 15th, I don't know if my wife will be considered. he still does her Monthly registrations.   In non-covid years she normally would have to leave the country for at least a couple days.  Last year they were unable to travel so that was waved. 

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/04/16/russia-tells-illegal-migrants-from-post-soviet-countries-to-leave-by-june-15-a73623  

10 minutes ago, Wcalmt1 said:

I was wondering would worrying about the safety of your spouse and step children be cause to try for an emergency, To get interviews?  We are getting extremely worried about the tensions between Russia and the US.  Now Russia is saying "illegal" migrants have to leave by June 15th, I don't know if my wife will be considered. he still does her Monthly registrations.   In non-covid years she normally would have to leave the country for at least a couple days.  Last year they were unable to travel so that was waved. 

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/04/16/russia-tells-illegal-migrants-from-post-soviet-countries-to-leave-by-june-15-a73623  

Why can't she leave to return to her country?

19 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Why can't she leave to return to her country?

Tajikistan's Embassy does not issue Immigration visas.  She is wary of going to Kazakhstan, Almaty's Embassy is supposed to handle cases from Tajikistan, we were denied our K1 in 2018 after transferring to there, she said they treated her badly. But that may be our option, as she also is getting worried about the issues with Russia.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wcalmt1 said:

First, if she is in Russia "illegally" she would not qualify for an interview in the first place (in Moscow).  Second, I believe Moscow embassy is still closed for interviews.  People in Russia have been trying to transfer to Poland or Kazakhstan, with mixed success.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now all but emergency visas are going to be suspended. 

https://ru.usembassy.gov/message-to-u-s-citizens-u-s-mission-russia-reduction-of-consular-services/

Damn!

• 2 weeks later...

With our Cases at NVC, and Our Lawyer is going to request them to send the cases to Almaty, Kazakhstan, will we get new Case numbers?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
20 hours ago, Wcalmt1 said:

With our Cases at NVC, and Our Lawyer is going to request them to send the cases to Almaty, Kazakhstan, will we get new Case numbers?

Yes

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.