17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

When my husband had his medical for his K1 visa, he was given the results in an envelope which was not to be opened. At his interview, the agent opened his packet, took out what she needed, then put the paperwork from the medical into the manila envelope, which was not opened until at POE in El Paso. They kept everything there and only gave us the I94.

So how am I supposed to get the civil surgeon to sign off on the I693A if we have no info from the medical? Also, at the clinic, they didn't ask him for his shot records or anything.

Is this normal?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is normal, K-1 and K-3 can enter the USA with or without vaccinations being done outside the USA, you take vaccination record either from the doctor in foreign country to a civil surgeon to have transfered to an I-693A or if the vaccinations have not been done then have them done here in the USA either at local health department, clinic, family doctor etc.. And then have a Civil Surgeon transfer them to the I-693A.

The medical info in the packet wont have vaccination info on it.

We had vaccinations done overseas just after visa was issued, and the medical center issued a vaccination record in the form of a small yellow book, we took it to a Civil Surgeon for transfer to I-693A supplement.

Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://149.101.23.2/graphics/i-693faq.htm

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks, Yu and Dan.

He will probably have to get ALL his vaccinations since he has no records (save for a scar on his upper arm). I'd assume that it might be cheaper to shop around and find a place to do them rather than having them done at the civil surgeon's office.

How do I find out which vaccinations are necessary? Will it be clear from the I693A?

Timeline

I know that I must use a civil surgeon for the completion of the I693A. I was talking about shopping around for having the vaccinations done. Once stabbed repeatedly, I would then take proof of the vaccinations to the civil surgeon for him or her to transfer it to the form.

Sorry...guess I wasn't clear on that!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
There is no shopping around. You HAVE to use a civil surgeon. You can't use a private doctor who isn't designated by USCIS.

You can shop around to get the actual vaccinations done...

Once you have the vaccination record then you must go to a civil surgeon to have the information transferred to the vacciantion supplement

YMMV

I know that I must use a civil surgeon for the completion of the I693A. I was talking about shopping around for having the vaccinations done. Once stabbed repeatedly, I would then take proof of the vaccinations to the civil surgeon for him or her to transfer it to the form.

Sorry...guess I wasn't clear on that!

Yeah, sorry - I didn't understand that from your original post!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks, Yu and Dan.

He will probably have to get ALL his vaccinations since he has no records (save for a scar on his upper arm). I'd assume that it might be cheaper to shop around and find a place to do them rather than having them done at the civil surgeon's office.

How do I find out which vaccinations are necessary? Will it be clear from the I693A?

For most only 3 are needed determined by age, the Civil Surgeon will know:

MMR, Varicella, and Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife just arrived from Mexico on her K3 visa and Vaccinations were not required for entry and she did not get an X-ray because she is prenant. The same will apply for her vaccinations. I only hope the I-693 gets to USCIS for her I-485 but after reading all this information I have realized I need to have a CC fill out the I-693a with the waiver to not require vaccinations according to 212(g)(2)(a).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
There is no shopping around. You HAVE to use a civil surgeon. You can't use a private doctor who isn't designated by USCIS.

Yes, you can. I had all my vaccinations done by my primary care doctor and it was cheaper because my insurance company paid for it. I then sent my yellow vaccination record along with a hard-to-read DS-3025 form and he put everything on the I-693A form for $10.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We "shopped around" for the CS in our area.

There are ALOT in Orlando - so I called a couple until I found a secretary who knew what she was doing.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Yes, you can. I had all my vaccinations done by my primary care doctor and it was cheaper because my insurance company paid for it. I then sent my yellow vaccination record along with a hard-to-read DS-3025 form and he put everything on the I-693A form for $10.

As was discussed prior in the thread, I thought they were referring to 'shopping around' for transfer to the I 693A, not for the vaccinations.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

As was discussed prior in the thread, I thought they were referring to 'shopping around' for transfer to the I 693A, not for the vaccinations.

Well I most certainly "shopped around" for someone to transfer my info for I-693A as well. One CS wanted a complete exam and $350 as opposed to the other who only charged $10.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
... you take vaccination record either from the doctor in foreign country to a civil surgeon to have transfered to an I-693A ...

... We had vaccinations done overseas just after visa was issued, and the medical center issued a vaccination record in the form of a small yellow book, we took it to a Civil Surgeon for transfer to I-693A supplement...

Hi YuAndDan,

I just found your post whiel searching for the answer how this vaccination record gets translated from the foreign language into English. My fiancee (wife now) does not have a copy of DS3025 from her medical for the K-1 visa. The only thing she has is her original immunization book in Russian. What do we do about this? Will appreciate the answer a lot.

Well I most certainly "shopped around" for someone to transfer my info for I-693A as well. One CS wanted a complete exam and $350 as opposed to the other who only charged $10.

OUCH. I swear -- highway robbery!!!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.