sarabou17

Case moved to Vermont

193 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, joshuaAE said:

Our K3 visa was denied today. I'm hoping it's because they will soon approve the I130.

Oh I didn't think that they were even issuing K3 visas anymore.  I have read on other posts this is not a way to expedite.  I think things will pick up now that the holidays are over.  I hope you hear something really soon!

20 minutes ago, sarabou17 said:

Oh I didn't think that they were even issuing K3 visas anymore.  I have read on other posts this is not a way to expedite.  I think things will pick up now that the holidays are over.  I hope you hear something really soon!

They don't issue the K3 but instead the trick is to file an application so when USCIS receives your I-129F they pull up the I-130 review it, and approve  on the spot because they're looking at it. 

I'm not sure if it works or not... some people in 2021 had their I-130s approved in 2 months (NOA1-NOA2) whilst others waited 8 or more months after the K3 was filed.

I'm personally of the opinion approvals are random as some people on VJ and on Facebook have been approved in 2 months without filing the K3. 

Edited by Kor2USA

17 hours ago, Sharla said:

Just saw that my son’s case was approved yesterday. His Pd is also May 3rd. Hopefully they will approve mine soon. Approval letter came from Vermont

Congratulations. Hopefully now we are through Christmas they will start catching up and we will see more approvals.

Happy new year everyone. 

came across a FB page where people confirm that sending the K3 speeds up the processing time significantly. It works on the idea that they first review your K3 and deny it and then process your I130 because they are already in your case file???? Not  sure how accurate it is but seems that a few people have had success this way.

3 minutes ago, Sharla said:

My case was approved today🙏🏻😀🍾

Congrats! Great to see some movement. 

Hi guys my case was approved today. (01/12). My pd is May 3rd. On my noa1 the service center was Texas but when I asked Emma they said it was In Vermont. The approval letter came from Vermont. On October 4th my process was update to active review. On December 16th I sent k3 form in the hopes to speed the process up. On January 5th my son’s case was approved ( we sent the process together) and today mine was too. I am so happy. I am sure your approval is coming as well. It’s a long and brutal journey. Stay strong. 

1 minute ago, JamesLondon said:

Congrats! Great to see some movement. 

I am sure yours is coming as well

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sharla said:

My case was approved today🙏🏻😀🍾

Congratulations!!! :)  Is so encouraging too! 🍀  Do you think the K-3 helped?

Edited by sarabou17

Timeline
On 1/5/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kor2USA said:

They don't issue the K3 but instead the trick is to file an application so when USCIS receives your I-129F they pull up the I-130 review it, and approve  on the spot because they're looking at it. 

I'm not sure if it works or not... some people in 2021 had their I-130s approved in 2 months (NOA1-NOA2) whilst others waited 8 or more months after the K3 was filed.

I'm personally of the opinion approvals are random as some people on VJ and on Facebook have been approved in 2 months without filing the K3. 

Makes sense!  Seems like it might be working!  

Hi guys!

After 250 days since our PD we were approved today.

PD 13 May 2021.

Actively reviewing on Oct 14 2021 and again today on 18 Jan. Logged into our USCIS account and found the approval in the documents section.

We submitted a K3 in October - I don't think it affected our processing time as a few people with cases around our PD have also been approved. However a lot of people say it helps. 

Good luck to the rest of you! and thanks to all the members in this thread for sharing your timelines :) Much love

15 minutes ago, joshuaAE said:

Hi guys!

PD 13 May 2021.

Actively reviewing on Oct 14 2021 and again today on 18 Jan. Logged into our USCIS account and found the approval in the documents section.

We submitted a K3 in October - I don't think it affected our processing time as a few people with cases around our PD have also been approved. However a lot of people say it helps. 

Good luck to the rest of you! and thanks to all the members in this thread for sharing your timelines :) Much love

Congratulations!! Excellent news!

Looks like after slowing down a lot towards end of last year Vermont is getting going, i have seen a few from Vermont already approved this year!

Good luck with NVC. Let us know when you get the invite email from them. Hopefully it is fast!

Timeline
1 hour ago, joshuaAE said:

Hi guys!

PD 13 May 2021.

Yay!!! So happy for you guys! It's such a great feeling when you finally see that approval.  Best of luck on your continued journey! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.