Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

I did my combo interview yesterday at Charlotte field office,my session was little tense, the officer kept talking about my previous marriage, I even informed him my kids are living with me now,but he ended not approving me and said he can't make a decision right now,I signed all the oath papers,

I don't know how long am going to wait again after I have waited for 2years for an interview..

Does anybody experienced this ??

On 4/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, Balaji_v said:

Update on my case: USCIS approved my N400 and put in line for Oath ceremony on 04/07/2022, exactly 70 days after the interview.

I am so happy and relieved that this excruciating wait is over for me. 

I dont know if it did help my case or not but its a very postiive coincidence. I applied for FOIA for my full A-file and also for my I751 and N400 one month ago. Two weeks before my approval, FOIA got processed. I assume it might have helped with my N400 approval.

Now, off to the next stage of my life. Good luck to everyone else and I pray that everybody's case gets processed quick and approved soon.😃

Congratulations! I requested my full A file about a month and a half ago. nothing yet...

Hi, I attended my N400 interview on 04/21/2022 and passed English, Civics and History test without an issue. The officer went through and asked several other questions and asked to go through my details if they are correct or not. Also he asked me to bring new photographs as the existing ones are old. I said, sure sir I will bring. Then he said he has another issue. He couldn't see my AC21 file (AC21 - When I change my company on GC EAD then I need to file that I am going to new company and my old job responsibilities match with new job responsibilities). I told him that I am 1000% sure that I filed. He said, you might have filed and it may be in the system but he doesn't have time to go through it and asked me to upload online the same day itself. He handed over N-652 form saying 'A DECISION CANNOT BE MADE YET ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION'. I went back to my car, searched the documents and found them (It was 8 years ago I did this filing). I went back immediately to the officer and told him that I have the required documents. He said he does not have time to look into them and asked me to upload online and will get an update soon. So I went back home and uploaded them to my USCIS account on the same day. I received an email next day saying that my case has been updated but when I logged in , I just see 'Interview Scheduled' message. Is there anyone in the same boat? I guess 'A DECISION CANNOT BE MADE YET ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION' does not mean DECLINE but they are doing further review, Right?

After going through this thread it seems several persons have similar issues with USCIS and waiting for a long time. Hopefully my case would be resolved soon. I stressed myself from past couple of days but it seems there is nothing we can do but wait and watch. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:59 PM, rocamey17 said:

I did my combo interview yesterday at Charlotte field office,my session was little tense, the officer kept talking about my previous marriage, I even informed him my kids are living with me now,but he ended not approving me and said he can't make a decision right now,I signed all the oath papers,

I don't know how long am going to wait again after I have waited for 2years for an interview..

Does anybody experienced this ??

guys...

Updates pops on my profile.

1. I751 card is being produced

2. N400 approved..and in line for an oath ceremony 

Then later another message pops up

1. I751 is reopened for consideration 

2. N400 oath ceremony is canceled..appointment will be rescheduled 

Please do anyone understand this...

On 3/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, abfar said:

I also got a "decision could not be made" letter in my interview last week. Officer in the interview asked me if I had documents to prove we still lived together. I only had our jointly filed tax returns and W2s which should our previous address. Nothing for new address since we moved recently and haven't filed taxes this year yet. Officer took my tax transcripts for last 4 years and scanned them. Told me they'd need to review my file to make a decision.

I'm guessing I'll be stuck waiting from a few months to a year as well. This sucks.

USCIS account had multiple status updates on same day of interview in below order:

Update 1: We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Update 2: Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

Update 3: Oath Ceremony Cancelled. (Tracker app on my phone has more verbose message) - we cancelled the oath ceremony appointment scheduled for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number xxx. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. 

I got this same multiple messages today.

Got I715...card is being produced

N400...in line for an oath ceremony 

Then an hour later

Got

I751..we are reopening your case for reconsideration

N400...we have cancelled your oath ceremony and we will send you an appointment when we reschedule.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 4/24/2022 at 9:05 AM, Kanth said:

Hi, I attended my N400 interview on 04/21/2022 and passed English, Civics and History test without an issue. The officer went through and asked several other questions and asked to go through my details if they are correct or not. Also he asked me to bring new photographs as the existing ones are old. I said, sure sir I will bring. Then he said he has another issue. He couldn't see my AC21 file (AC21 - When I change my company on GC EAD then I need to file that I am going to new company and my old job responsibilities match with new job responsibilities). I told him that I am 1000% sure that I filed. He said, you might have filed and it may be in the system but he doesn't have time to go through it and asked me to upload online the same day itself. He handed over N-652 form saying 'A DECISION CANNOT BE MADE YET ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION'. I went back to my car, searched the documents and found them (It was 8 years ago I did this filing). I went back immediately to the officer and told him that I have the required documents. He said he does not have time to look into them and asked me to upload online and will get an update soon. So I went back home and uploaded them to my USCIS account on the same day. I received an email next day saying that my case has been updated but when I logged in , I just see 'Interview Scheduled' message. Is there anyone in the same boat? I guess 'A DECISION CANNOT BE MADE YET ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION' does not mean DECLINE but they are doing further review, Right?

After going through this thread it seems several persons have similar issues with USCIS and waiting for a long time. Hopefully my case would be resolved soon. I stressed myself from past couple of days but it seems there is nothing we can do but wait and watch. 

Exactly, "decision to be made" does NOT mean decline.  Don't lose hope, I think your case will be taken care of soon, at least you did what you had to do and uploaded the documents.

It is just that USCIS seems to have a "linear mind set", they can only process one thing at a time, they can only do one job.  Your document was missing, so the officer could not look outside his box.   

Try not to stress about it (I know, I've been through this too, and now it is easier to say), all you can do is wait and watch.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, rocamey17 said:

guys...

Updates pops on my profile.

1. I751 card is being produced

2. N400 approved..and in line for an oath ceremony 

Then later another message pops up

1. I751 is reopened for consideration 

2. N400 oath ceremony is canceled..appointment will be rescheduled 

Please do anyone understand this...

Hard to tell, to me N400 approved means approved.  But for some reason they want to review your I751 again.  Could that be a system glitch? 

Give it a few days, and if no new messages appear I would call them or open a request.  If you have already been waiting for 2 years it probably means your case is outside normal processing times anyways, so you can open a case request on-line.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

Hard to tell, to me N400 approved means approved.  But for some reason they want to review your I751 again.  Could that be a system glitch? 

Give it a few days, and if no new messages appear I would call them or open a request.  If you have already been waiting for 2 years it probably means your case is outside normal processing times anyways, so you can open a case request on-line.

Call uscis..rep was confused as me so escalated the case and said a 2nd tier officer will call me...patiently aitng for the call...

On 4/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

Exactly, "decision to be made" does NOT mean decline.  Don't lose hope, I think your case will be taken care of soon, at least you did what you had to do and uploaded the documents.

It is just that USCIS seems to have a "linear mind set", they can only process one thing at a time, they can only do one job.  Your document was missing, so the officer could not look outside his box.   

Try not to stress about it (I know, I've been through this too, and now it is easier to say), all you can do is wait and watch.

Thanks for your kind words! Hopefully it would be resolved soon.

On 4/24/2022 at 10:05 AM, Kanth said:

Status updated to 'Oath Ceremony Scheduled'. Hopefully it would be completed without any obstacles. All the best and good luck for rest of the people who are waiting for their result...

On 4/2/2021 at 2:21 AM, Soccer.Player said:

Hi,

Please update here your interview date if you were told  that decision cannot be made on your n400 interview.so we can calculate the time frame .

Interview date:03-25-2021

Submitted application June 2021, interviewed March 9th 2021 , passed but decision can not be made . Contacted congressman 30 days after interview and fingers crossed , Local office is Boston , MA 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I haven't been on here in a while but any updates from anyone who filed back in June 1st of 2021 had my interview at Oakland Park FL January 14th and my status Still says schedule for interview. I think this week puts me past the 120 days waiting period. My timeline says 23 days. 

36 minutes ago, highHopes said:

I haven't been on here in a while but any updates from anyone who filed back in June 1st of 2021 had my interview at Oakland Park FL January 14th and my status Still says schedule for interview. I think this week puts me past the 120 days waiting period. My timeline says 23 days. 

I will advice you wait and see what happens after 23days . Mine says 4 months 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.