2,947 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, fullofluck said:

Please get you H1b processed. The EAD takes long time to be approved each time so you may have gap that won’t allow you to work. 

H1B is more stable, and can be renewed, total 6 years. It’s a blessing you got the lottery. 

H1B won’t cancel your VAWA. Good luck!

Thank you .

6 hours ago, PayingForward said:

I do not know if your H1B application will be approved while AOS is pending. Please wait for Sandras advice on this.

However, you will be able to continue working based on i-360 / i-485 EAD. You should be getting your 1-485 ead in coming months. And if you would like to be on safer side you can renew i-360 as well.

That is actually my concern too. if that has any impact on AOS

13 hours ago, shiva32 said:

No harm in getting on H1b, its definitely not going to affect your VAWA in any way. You also have the C31 EAD as backup if h1b doesnt work out. overall you are safe with approved I360 whether you go with H1b or not. There is a small chance of being out of status if you dont have valid h1 or f1 status in case of denial of I485 down the line, but its low likelihood (please consult a lawyer, I dont know all the criteria for I485 denial). Contact VSC through your senator's office to know why its delayed I485 receipt notice for so long. they are  slow with notices lately, but they issue in like 60 to 90 days, they should not be 4 months late. You need to make sure i485 application was not lost.  

Thank you for the information. I am concerned about if USCIS will approve h1b while AOS is pending . And is USCIS be able to find  package without receipt number ? I lost my tracking number

3 hours ago, HopOnHope said:

That is actually my concern too. if that has any impact on AOS

Found this online resource. it looks like you can apply for H1B while waiting on AOS

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-ok-to-file-h1b-while-my-status-is-pending-ao-4964357.html

I would also explain the situation to your new employer and get advice from their legal counsel

2 hours ago, PayingForward said:

Found this online resource. it looks like you can apply for H1B while waiting on AOS

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-ok-to-file-h1b-while-my-status-is-pending-ao-4964357.html

I would also explain the situation to your new employer and get advice from their legal counsel

Thank you for digging into the info. Then I should be good . 

11 hours ago, Demise said:

If they got denied it must've been something else (e.g. they got an I-485 from a prior I-130 and failed to transfer it over to the I-360). If you are eligible to apply for an EAD under multiple categories then it's your choice which one to use and C9 simply gives you a better deal than C31 due to the free renewals. C31 has it's uses if you for some reason haven't or are unable to file an I-485.

So basically if Vawa is approved and we have pending i-485 then we can pick whichever category we want?

In that case if we apply under c31 would it be free or we have to pay for that? 

12 hours ago, jack182 said:

Hey , 

I decided to check the status of my case and it has been updated to  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken .I filed an EAD renewal in October  2020 in NYC. At this point I’m TIRED ... All this delay is 🤯🤯

It will be soon approved I also filed October 2020, and it was just update to card being produce this week, April  5, 2021 so they are working on September and october 2020 renewal... 

13 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hey guys, do you know if someone doesn't automatically get C31 with VAWA approval (the box wasn't checked) and they need to renew work permit - do they apply for renewal and change category (making them ineligible for 180 day extension of course) or do they submit a brand new application for C31 EAD?

EAD Renewal must be under the same category of the EAD being renew. Cannot make changes.

If need to file under another category eligible like VAWA C31 which was never received once Vawa was approved than need to file a new I-765 as an initial EAD Category C31and sent Vawa approval notice.  BUT there is no need two have 2 EAD just renew C09, no need to sent C31... 

9 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Guys just want to share that My EAD just got Approved today.

It was a renewal. 

I just received a message that "new card is being produced".

I sent the package in 12/16/2020

USCIS received it on 12/23/2020

Finger prints applied on 01/28/2021

Today 04/08/2021 New Card is being Produced.

It's like in 3.5 months they approved it.

is it EAD renewal or first time you got EAD?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, HopOnHope said:

If I do not receive the receipt  in 4 months for AOS , should I re-apply the AOS again ?

Did you have a fee waiver for application? Just curious in case you didn't if they cashed your check or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.