2,947 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, HopOnHope said:

God Bless Everyone ! 

I know about this blessed forum for a while  and I have been helped by someone from this forum through my vawa I-360 approval process . 

I really need an urgent  guidance for my decision making  . Let me share my story in short ....

05/23/2018 = I got married with my husband who is US citizen (Family decision had influence on our marriage that I literally regret. My visa was F1- student )

04/16/2019 = I had to leave my spouse because of violence and he was drug abuser  . He was arrested . We were on process gathering documents for GC application . Eventually , he hasn't applied   green card for me . 

08/09/2019  = Applied for I-360 ( based on violence pictures, police reports, texts, witnesses) 

09/13/2020  = I received the approval notice for I-360 with EAD

12/03/2020 = Applied for I-485 and I-765 ( EAD ) ----- I haven't received any receipt notice for the case . I am not sure when I am going to receive that. 

I am still in F1-visa and working for a company where I got picked up for h1b lottery  this year 2021 a week ago . So my company is interested to apply for h1b visa . I am not sure if I should let my company to apply for h1b visa ? Will that affect I-360 or I-485 ? After this november 2021 , my f1 status will be expired .  if I do not have any status  , I will lose my job . So it is kinda hard decision for me . 

And  Does I-360 approval notice have any expiration date  ? Should  I keep renewing the EAD card based on I-360 and leave my F1 status and h1b opportunity ? 

I also need good suggestions from everyone that would be the best approach for me . 

I pray the Lord God blesses everyone. 

I do not know if your H1B application will be approved while AOS is pending. Please wait for Sandras advice on this.

However, you will be able to continue working based on i-360 / i-485 EAD. You should be getting your 1-485 ead in coming months. And if you would like to be on safer side you can renew i-360 as well.

Timeline
On 4/5/2021 at 11:38 PM, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

I had my I130 interview today. I showed up for interview and asked officer to hold my I485 and wait for my I360 to be processed. Officer asked me several documents and ID.  Now the status of my i130 changed to "Case was updated To Show that No One Appeared for In-Person Processing"

Do you know what it is? is it something good or bad? 

I believe your I-485  is on hold, wait for 2 - 3 months if no changes on your I-485 status then for sure is on hold.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys, do you know if someone doesn't automatically get C31 with VAWA approval (the box wasn't checked) and they need to renew work permit - do they apply for renewal and change category (making them ineligible for 180 day extension of course) or do they submit a brand new application for C31 EAD?

4 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hey guys, do you know if someone doesn't automatically get C31 with VAWA approval (the box wasn't checked) and they need to renew work permit - do they apply for renewal and change category (making them ineligible for 180 day extension of course) or do they submit a brand new application for C31 EAD?

Renew which work permit, the C9 from AOS?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

19 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Yes, the pre-VAWA approval one under C09

Just file an I-765 under category code (c)(9) and ignore C31. C9 renewal is free (as long as you paid for the I-485, otherwise you have to pay the filing fee or get another fee waiver) and comes with the automatic 180 day extension.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, sheima said:

I believe your I-485  is on hold, wait for 2 - 3 months if no changes on your I-485 status then for sure is on hold.

@sheima it looks like they put i485 and i130 on hold. But i am still checking the status of my i130. I don't know if they will cancel i130 or not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Demise said:

Just file an I-765 under category code (c)(9) and ignore C31. C9 renewal is free (as long as you paid for the I-485, otherwise you have to pay the filing fee or get another fee waiver) and comes with the automatic 180 day extension.

Thanks. I know that's what many people here ended up doing, but I also saw at least one person that got denied because technically once VAWA is approved you're supposed to use C31, no?

1 minute ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Thanks. I know that's what many people here ended up doing, but I also saw at least one person that got denied because technically once VAWA is approved you're supposed to use C31, no?

If they got denied it must've been something else (e.g. they got an I-485 from a prior I-130 and failed to transfer it over to the I-360). If you are eligible to apply for an EAD under multiple categories then it's your choice which one to use and C9 simply gives you a better deal than C31 due to the free renewals. C31 has it's uses if you for some reason haven't or are unable to file an I-485.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Everyone should please read and heed the earlier warning from Moderation about the posts that were removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

17 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Approval of I360 does not expire you can continued to renew your EAD base on C31, I-485 receipts are taking longer than usual but 4 months seems very long time to me. Did you sent your I-485 package with a tracking #? 

I did . But , I do not remember the tracking . I just confirmed by tracking  that the package has been received by USCIS . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.