jarj

Tourist visa for mom

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’m a US citizen and i was wondering how long is the processing of a tourist visa now in the Philippines. 
My mom is in the philippines and i would like to apply her a tourist visa hoping it will be approved before august on my pregnancy due date. 

9 hours ago, jarj said:

I’m a US citizen and i was wondering how long is the processing of a tourist visa now in the Philippines. 
My mom is in the philippines and i would like to apply her a tourist visa hoping it will be approved before august on my pregnancy due date. 

US Embassy in Manila is only doing emergency tourist visa.

Who knows when they will go back to normal processing, I would guess sometime in early 2022

Timeline
9 hours ago, jarj said:

Update: multiple entry visa instead of tourist visa

Timeline
14 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Generally parents from Philippines have a very good success rate getting a tourist visa

Here is your link to follow when and if they open back up for routine visa processing in Manila

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/

I'm quite torn if I should apply or not. I just read about criteria to request expedite interview and assisting relative's pregnancy is not one of them. Another reason though is I need someone to travel with my daughter before her visa expires. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
27 minutes ago, jarj said:

I'm quite torn if I should apply or not. I just read about criteria to request expedite interview and assisting relative's pregnancy is not one of them. Another reason though is I need someone to travel with my daughter before her visa expires. 

Assisting you during your pregnancy is definitely not a tourist activity.  The US consider helping with a pregnancy to be unauthorized work.  In their point of view, if you need help with your pregnancy then you need to hire someone in the US.  Saying she will help you is a sure denial.  

8 hours ago, jarj said:

Try and have her file for emergency and see what happens, the worst thing is they say no.  If so no biggie

8 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Assisting you during your pregnancy is definitely not a tourist activity.  The US consider helping with a pregnancy to be unauthorized work.  In their point of view, if you need help with your pregnancy then you need to hire someone in the US.  Saying she will help you is a sure denial.  

I am sure she only wants her mother her for her birth and to be around for a few months afterwards.

Pretty common deal and many parents try to come for the childs birth, Pretty normal.  Just had my buddies wife had their first child last year and father came for 6 months and then he went back home and the mother came for 6 months and then got stuck in the USA for another few months she couldn't leave due to all lockdowns they started imposing around March and April of 2020, finally got home around summer of 2020.

Timeline
On 3/12/2021 at 6:42 AM, Joe Kano said:

I am sure she only wants her mother her for her birth and to be around for a few months afterwards.

Pretty common deal and many parents try to come for the childs birth, Pretty normal.  Just had my buddies wife had their first child last year and father came for 6 months and then he went back home and the mother came for 6 months and then got stuck in the USA for another few months she couldn't leave due to all lockdowns they started imposing around March and April of 2020, finally got home around summer of 2020.

Also I need someone to fly with my minor daughter. I would do it if im not pregnant. Though she can fly unassisted, We don’t want to take the risk. My husband can’t fly as his Philippine passport expired and he doesn't have US passport yet as his citizenship is still pending. 

Timeline
On 3/11/2021 at 7:00 AM, Joe Kano said:

US Embassy in Manila is only doing emergency tourist visa.

Who knows when they will go back to normal processing, I would guess sometime in early 2022

By the way what is an emergency tourist visa? What instances?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.