J&J2021

Tourist Visa while waiting for K1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancé and I still have a while to go in the K1 process and I haven't seen her in exactly 1 year this week due to covid. I was thinking about seeing if we could get a tourist visa to visit Panama on a vacation. She obviously cannot come to USA yet so we have 2 options 1 is vacation in a country that does not require visa entry which we have done (Trinidad & Tobago) but their borders are currently closed. The second option is apply for a tourist visa for Panama and go on vacation if approved however I wanted to see if this would cause issues or if anyone has had any experience with this before. 

Thanks 

11/21/20: I-129F packet shipped via USPS

11/25/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)

11/27/20: Backdated I-129F "received date"

2/23/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account

2/25/21: Text alert NOA1 Receipt/Case Number

3/3/21 :  Received NOA1 Letter in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, J&J2021 said:

Hello,

My fiancé and I still have a while to go in the K1 process and I haven't seen her in exactly 1 year this week due to covid. I was thinking about seeing if we could get a tourist visa to visit Panama on a vacation. She obviously cannot come to USA yet so we have 2 options 1 is vacation in a country that does not require visa entry which we have done (Trinidad & Tobago) but their borders are currently closed. The second option is apply for a tourist visa for Panama and go on vacation if approved however I wanted to see if this would cause issues or if anyone has had any experience with this before. 

Thanks 

Why would it cause issues?  The visa process does NOT mean you stop living your life.

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Why would it cause issues?  The visa process does NOT mean you stop living your life.

I understand just wanted to check because the last thing I want is to delay K1 process more. 

Thanks so much for the quick reply 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 3/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, J&J2021 said:

I understand just wanted to check because the last thing I want is to delay K1 process more. 

Thanks so much for the quick reply 

You might want to look at Barbados or Grenada as well. My husband and I spent 2 months in Grenada while waiting for our CR-1 interview, and they are so friendly to Cubans and it is just a beautiful place.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Timeline
10 hours ago, DiamondEyes490 said:

You might want to look at Barbados or Grenada as well. My husband and I spent 2 months in Grenada while waiting for our CR-1 interview, and they are so friendly to Cubans and it is just a beautiful place.

yes we have traveled to Trinidad and Tobago before and it was great we loved it. We actually had a trip booked for next week to trinidad which i booked about 6 months ago since we were hoping things would be better now but trinidad is still closed.

The biggest issue right now are the limited flights in and out of cuba put in place by the cuban government and while Barbados is open the departing/connecting flight time don't work :(.

If i could always go visit her in cuba  but the issue with that at the moment is that they have a mandatory 5-7 day quarantine isolation facility protocol and i would be allowed to her see anyway  because i can only visit a week at a time.

However thank you for the information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.