Pinkrlion

JA COVID -19 Act

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do you have a link? Not sure what you’re referring to other than having a negative test to travel to JA and one to get back into the states. I did a quick search but not sure what you’re referring to🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by angelbrown

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You have to quarantine 14 days when you land, and then per US you have to quarantine 14 days when you return.  Also there is a curfew from 8 pm to 6 am.  You have to covid test on your return 3 days prior to departure.  

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/traveller-categories/

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

8 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You have to quarantine 14 days when you land, and then per US you have to quarantine 14 days when you return.  Also there is a curfew from 8 pm to 6 am.  You have to covid test on your return 3 days prior to departure.  

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/traveller-categories/

You don't have to quarantine if you stay at a Covid approved accomodation - We went in January, and rented a condo that was on the list of approved accommodations.  We tested before we went, Family came to us, we cooked and spent time together.  There was a 7pm curfew when we were there.  It was extremely quiet, but still worth the trip - The only difference now from when we went is the test on return requirement, however we had to test when we got home.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusnOwen said:

You don't have to quarantine if you stay at a Covid approved accomodation - We went in January, and rented a condo that was on the list of approved accommodations.  We tested before we went, Family came to us, we cooked and spent time together.  There was a 7pm curfew when we were there.  It was extremely quiet, but still worth the trip - The only difference now from when we went is the test on return requirement, however we had to test when we got home.  

Yes the order isn’t new. It’s been in place for a while except for the negative Covid result back into the states. And the curfew changes sometimes. My husband went to JA for 4 days in January and stayed with his mom in Spanish Town. We have planned a trip with my family in June at an approved accommodation and family will come to us, providing nothing else changes. 

Edited by angelbrown

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Only if your trip is less than 14 days and you stay at the hotel, you cannot leave the hotel property.  If you want to leave the property, you have to qurantine 14 days.  If you plan to live in the community, you have to quarantine now.  COVID-19 in JA has increased due to visitors not following guidelines.  The hospitals are full of COVID patients.  The health ministry is  tracking you with a app on your phone and you have to sign a paperthat you will quarantine.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

Only if your trip is less than 14 days and you stay at the hotel, you cannot leave the hotel property.  If you want to leave the property, you have to qurantine 14 days.  If you plan to live in the community, you have to quarantine now.  COVID-19 in JA has increased due to visitors not following guidelines.  The hospitals are full of COVID patients.  The health ministry is  tracking you with a app on your phone and you have to sign a paperthat you will quarantine.  

Where are you getting this mis(?)information from? My daughter just had a friend that came back from Jamaica last week. Tourism is open along the tourist corridor. If you follow Jamaica news outlets cases have increased, with most cases being in St Andrew, followed by St Catherine, which is not open for tourists. Cases are increasing because Jamaicans are not following the guidelines, not tourists. Most tourists will do outdoor activities. No one is going to Jamaica for vacation and staying more than 14 days. I completed the travel authorization request for my husband. They cannot force you to download the app and he did not. But hopefully they won’t shut down the borders due to the rise in cases. It is out of control. 

18 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

That is not correct - If you stay at a Covid certified property, you can leave the property to visit covid certified attractions and restaurants.  They also do not require everyone to download the app, and the paper that you sign states that you will follow the covid orders - Not that you have to quarantine.  We traveled, trust me, I read the paper.  That is why we did not stay at the family house.

My husband went down in the end of January for his grandmothers funeral. He had to go with a negative COVID test and have the approved travel JA authorization form. He did not need to put an app on his phone, but he did give them a contact number where he was staying. He quarantined for 14 days at his mothers house. After that he was good to go about. He attended the grave digging, set up and gravesite funeral while wearing a mask. When it was time for his return, he took the COVID test on a Friday and flew back to US on a Monday and also had to complete an authorization form for US. We are not in a state where he had to quarantine for 14 days upon return. I am not sure what the requirements are for Certified Hotels. My daughter was going down to an all inclusive hotel but she said there were to many restrictions and changes (staying on the property, no mini bars in rooms, etc) so she did decided not to go. 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.