J&D1008

February 2021 K1 Filers

834 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, J&D1008 said:

They are just trying to save themselves over short staff and mandates. Your NOA-1 is in February and keep trying to inquire about your case. 

2 hours ago, Benny4352 said:

if this applied to me then they would have said our application is not outside of processing times like others have received when they sent the request. Either way I'll check what our Receipt day is on our NOA1 tonight. I know a lot have been back dated from Feb and March.    

Yes it’s definitely sketchy. I was thinking that the rep didn’t know what he was speaking of. But then again , this is just all confusing.  

Timeline

I mentioned both, and he assured me that we’ve been miscalculating. But it still doesn’t make since to me. After the conversation my first though was, so I am a March filer? Also, if I can recall, the receipt letter mentions that we will use the date that was accepted as my NOA 1 date. 
You know there is always 1 staff member that doesn’t know the accuracy of things. Perhaps , I was connected to the that 1 staff member. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

I mean, if that's the case, it would change everything, but again, why was it that some people were able to get responses while still being in the (new) "normal processing time"? Moreover, what doesn't make sense to me is that the December filers waited a long time for their notice, but seemed to be adjudicated exactly at the time we'd expect. My problem is this: for the February filers who are getting responses now, when was their received date versus when was their notice date? If all their notice dates are collectively before March 11, then... perhaps we have our (unfortunate) answer. 

But still, this is just one employee saying that. Maybe there was a huge disaster between December-February because of how long it took to process notices, and it got somewhat resolved by late February/March? I'm patiently awaiting the first March member to say something, then we might be able to have a better idea of what's going on. 

Yes, I agree, it could just be this 1 employee giving wrong information. 
I think it should be NOA date vs Date of Receipt, that should kind of give us a better understanding, if you’re looking for the ones that received their NOA 2 for Feb

Timeline
26 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

I mean, if that's the case, it would change everything, but again, why was it that some people were able to get responses while still being in the (new) "normal processing time"? Moreover, what doesn't make sense to me is that the December filers waited a long time for their notice, but seemed to be adjudicated exactly at the time we'd expect. My problem is this: for the February filers who are getting responses now, when was their received date versus when was their notice date? If all their notice dates are collectively before March 11, then... perhaps we have our (unfortunate) answer. 

But still, this is just one employee saying that. Maybe there was a huge disaster between December-February because of how long it took to process notices, and it got somewhat resolved by late February/March? I'm patiently awaiting the first March member to say something, then we might be able to have a better idea of what's going on. 

USCIS website always says "received date" not notice date. Remember the Texas lockbox was delayed for about 8 weeks starting with mid-November until they eventually caught up around March. They even had a notice on the USCIS website that the delay at the lockbox would not affect the date they received your case. Meaning they would still honor date. I got my NOA-1 8 weeks after sending my packet and my official letter had the January date as receipt date. Even when i got NOA-2, the official 797 - letter states received date 1/11 and approval date 8/18. Never mentioning the march date. 

I think Feb and March filers will have the most confusion. They seemed to get everything back to normal by April. 

Edited by J&D1008

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mademoiselle7 said:

I think it should be NOA date vs Date of Receipt, that should kind of give us a better understanding, if you’re looking for the ones that received their NOA 2 for Feb

Yeah i think he was confused. This is what is says when you go to process outside normal inquiry: 

We have posted a “Receipt date for a case inquiry" in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case. If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry", you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

Now when you click on that link for "receipt date" it brings you to the example. Number 3 is the "receipt date." Whatever that date is, is the date you should go by. 

3 hours ago, Mademoiselle7 said:

Not sure if I’m posting correctly but I just called and enquired about my case, NOA1 Feb 26, and she said it was outside normal processing time without me even prompting.

Edited to add Feb 26 is the listed “received” dats, the notice date is in April.

Edited by stsel

29 minutes ago, stsel said:

Not sure if I’m posting correctly but I just called and enquired about my case, NOA1 Feb 26, and she said it was outside normal processing time without me even prompting.

Edited to add Feb 26 is the listed “received” dats, the notice date is in April.

Thats good news, certainly frustrating to hear different things from the USCIS. Not sure what to believe now! 

Hope she managed to give you some good news :) 

Edit: Also just realised we pretty much have the same timeline! Wishing you all the best! 

Edited by Benny4352

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Yeah i think he was confused. This is what is says when you go to process outside normal inquiry: 

We have posted a “Receipt date for a case inquiry" in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case. If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry", you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

Now when you click on that link for "receipt date" it brings you to the example. Number 3 is the "receipt date." Whatever that date is, is the date you should go by. 

2 hours ago, stsel said:

Thank you both so much! Why did any of us think that those pesky VisaJourney posters wouldn't know what they were talking about? :)

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have NOA1 date of March 23, 2021, but my case was received February 24, 2021. 251 days in 😭submitted an outside Normal processing request on October 18, got a response 10 days later that said “On October 18, 2021, you contacted USCIS to request an update on the status of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue will be resolved.

According to our records, your Form I-129F petition is pending further review. While we are unable to project a specific date a decision will be rendered in your case, new correspondence can be expected shortly. 

What We Will Do
USCIS recognizes the difficulties that arise from any such deferment. To ensure your concern receives appropriate consideration, we are forwarding your inquiry to the adjudication unit responsible for processing your case.”

Sounds like a pretty standard response to me 🙄anybody know what date of cases they are processing at this point? A lot of people are outside normal processing so I don’t understand why they won’t just change their processing times.  

Timeline
53 minutes ago, hawright13 said:

Sounds like a pretty standard response to me 🙄anybody know what date of cases they are processing at this point? A lot of people are outside normal processing so I don’t understand why they won’t just change their processing times.  

It seems like they have slowed down toward mid-February. I think the vaccine mandate coupled with the holidays coming up have caused the slowdown. I too agree they may just change the processing times again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
6 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

It seems like they have slowed down toward mid-February. I think the vaccine mandate coupled with the holidays coming up have caused the slowdown. I too agree they may just change the processing times again. 

I was looking today at case tracker and it looks like to me they are processing cases from February 22. A lot of those got approved today. So maybe they are closer than I think to February 24?🤷🏽‍♀️Still, it takes several days for them to process one days worth of applications. 

2 hours ago, hawright13 said:

I was looking today at case tracker and it looks like to me they are processing cases from February 22. A lot of those got approved today. So maybe they are closer than I think to February 24?🤷🏽‍♀️Still, it takes several days for them to process one days worth of applications. 

Mine 24 feb also 😭 but I got this email 

The status of this service request is:

On 10/18/2021, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

The processing of your Form I-129F is within our current processing time. Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov for processing times. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lena1 said:

Mine 24 feb also 😭 but I got this email 

The status of this service request is:

On 10/18/2021, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

The processing of your Form I-129F is within our current processing time. Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov for processing times. 

What was the date at the time of "outside normal processing" on 10/18? Was it 2/24?

Edited by J&D1008

22 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

What was the date at the time of "outside normal processing" on 10/18? Was it 2/24?

I think 19th but I filed from thailand so the time like 12 hours ahead. I should just wait another 1 day but it let me file outside of processing time so I don’t know now it got mess up I have to wait another 30 days until I can submit again😭😭

13 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Yea looking at this my receipt date is 2/26/21, which is what we thought so I'm guessing that officer told Mademoiselle7 incorrectly then. 

Whew was worried I was a march filer for a second! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.