Jack & Anne

K1 visa appointment at Mumbai Consulate, India

31 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, NBVH said:

@VS29 I had emailed the same email id used by you and the Mumbai Consulate replied back to me. I've been hearing that a few people this week have received the automated response that you got. Not sure what the reason might be. 

@NBVH Thank you so much for responding. Do you have any other suggestions on what I can do to get the packet 4? I called the number as well, and they told me to email them which I did. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, VS29 said:

@NBVH Thank you so much for responding. Do you have any other suggestions on what I can do to get the packet 4? I called the number as well, and they told me to email them which I did. 

VS29 - I am afraid there is nothing else you can do right now to get the packet 4. The email used to work but due to restrictions in Maharashtra and Mumbai, things are taking much longer than they normally should. I hope you get it soon. 

8 minutes ago, Jack & Anne said:

VS29 - I am afraid there is nothing else you can do right now to get the packet 4. The email used to work but due to restrictions in Maharashtra and Mumbai, things are taking much longer than they normally should. I hope you get it soon. 

Thank you so much @Jack & Anne. Just to understand timelines better, how long did it take you to receive the packet 4 after your status changed to ready? And were you able to get an interview date?

Timeline
Just now, VS29 said:

Thank you so much @Jack & Anne. Just to understand timelines better, how long did it take you to receive the packet 4 after your status changed to ready? And were you able to get an interview date?

I emailed them the very day my status changed to ready and I got the packet 4 in email within 2-3 days. The hard copy came at my address weeks after. I was able to book my interview date yes but please note that it was pre covid. All this packet 4 stuff happened in the month of February, 2020. My interview was on 27th March, 2020 which was cancelled. I finally had my interview on 12th March, 2021. I have heard that right now interview dates are not available easily. 

2 minutes ago, Jack & Anne said:

I emailed them the very day my status changed to ready and I got the packet 4 in email within 2-3 days. The hard copy came at my address weeks after. I was able to book my interview date yes but please note that it was pre covid. All this packet 4 stuff happened in the month of February, 2020. My interview was on 27th March, 2020 which was cancelled. I finally had my interview on 12th March, 2021. I have heard that right now interview dates are not available easily. 

Wow that must've been a long wait. Thank you for your response, definitely very helpful :) There's no point in trying to book the appointment without the packet 4 right?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, VS29 said:

Wow that must've been a long wait. Thank you for your response, definitely very helpful :) There's no point in trying to book the appointment without the packet 4 right?

Yes it has been a long wait and the wait is not over yet. I got hit with a 221g on my date of interview. You can reschedule a K1 interview 3 times I have heard. Not sure. You will have to also make a payment before you are able to book a slot. Someone I know actually did everything without receiving the packet 4 but had to fight at every step with the consulate support staff. It is probably not worth it. Some people do book their interview as soon as they see the 'ready' status. It is your decision. Maybe speak to some more people? 

9 minutes ago, Jack & Anne said:

Yes it has been a long wait and the wait is not over yet. I got hit with a 221g on my date of interview. You can reschedule a K1 interview 3 times I have heard. Not sure. You will have to also make a payment before you are able to book a slot. Someone I know actually did everything without receiving the packet 4 but had to fight at every step with the consulate support staff. It is probably not worth it. Some people do book their interview as soon as they see the 'ready' status. It is your decision. Maybe speak to some more people? 

Oh no! So sorry. Do you know why you got hit with the 221g? I've written to them again about the packet 4, so let's see what happens.

Timeline
2 hours ago, VS29 said:

Oh no! So sorry. Do you know why you got hit with the 221g? I've written to them again about the packet 4, so let's see what happens.

Yes I do. My fiancé had prepared and send in the package to USCIS and he had not submitted much proof of relationship in the form of chat/call logs, photos etc. Plus my interview experience was really bad.  You can read about it here if you got time - K1 Refused under 221g Mumbai 12th March 2021 - K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports - VisaJourney

6 minutes ago, Jack & Anne said:

Yes I do. My fiancé had prepared and send in the package to USCIS and he had not submitted much proof of relationship in the form of chat/call logs, photos etc. Plus my interview experience was really bad.  You can read about it here if you got time - K1 Refused under 221g Mumbai 12th March 2021 - K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports - VisaJourney

Really sorry to hear that. Hope everything gets sorted out soon. Thank you so much for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone trying to hear back on extending the validity of the I-129? Ours expires at the end of the month but I’m sure we won’t get an interview before then. I’ve read extension is possible and we’ve emailed to ask but they just aren’t answering the question (a generic auto response instead). 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Jrbrooks said:

Is anyone trying to hear back on extending the validity of the I-129? Ours expires at the end of the month but I’m sure we won’t get an interview before then. I’ve read extension is possible and we’ve emailed to ask but they just aren’t answering the question (a generic auto response instead). 

Don't worry about this at all. My I-129f was approved in January 2020 and I had my interview in March 2021 - more than 1 year had gone by in between. I did not email about validity extension at all and it is not an issue because of the pandemic. All the best! 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/31/2021 at 11:25 PM, NBVH said:

We emailed them (UStraveldocs) twice and got our Packet 4 attached as a reply in our case comments.

My fiance and I have emailed asking for Packet 4 but have only gotten a response basically saying that they're currently closed because of the pandemic lockdown. From googling, I found this link, which appears to be Packet 4 from the Mumbai consulate. Is this the same document you received?

Timeline
16 hours ago, joe.b said:

My fiance and I have emailed asking for Packet 4 but have only gotten a response basically saying that they're currently closed because of the pandemic lockdown. From googling, I found this link, which appears to be Packet 4 from the Mumbai consulate. Is this the same document you received?

Yes this document is a part of it. But Pakcet 4 is more of an invite from the Consulate informing you that your case is ready for interview so please book an appointment. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jack & Anne said:

Yes this document is a part of it. But Pakcet 4 is more of an invite from the Consulate informing you that your case is ready for interview so please book an appointment. 

Thank you for the clarification!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.