jeszy

Low on proof, what would you add?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

We are filing soon and I have a feeling we should have more evidence but we are in a strange situation.

We moved from the parents house to another one but its owned by the parents and we do not pay rent.

We pay the utilities but its under the parents name also.

Same situation with the car the only thing is the insurance where I am displayed as a "additional driver".

So far these are the documents we collected:

Duly completed Form G-1145, eNotification of Application
Copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)
Copy of Name Change Court Order for the us citizen spouse because she did not change her name right away
 Duly completed and signed Form I-751, petition to Remove Conditions of Residence
Evidences of our bona fide relationship:
o Copy of our 2019 Joint Tax return and w2
o Copy of daughter’s Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
o Notarized sworn statement of sister
o Copies of Joint insurance card
o Copies of Joint auto insurance

o Copies of both of our driver’s license showing the same address
o Copies of combined bank statements
o Copy of Joint utility bill (only home internet)
o Copies of airline tickets for our family vacation
o Family Pictures and our Wedding party

Question 1: Should we collect more evidence?

Question 2: Do they need anything else than the court order for the name change? //us citizen spouse did not change her name right away

Question 3: Should we write an explanation about the house and car situation?

Question 4: I have seen others filing their Marriage certificate again but the guide on visajourney says not to send since they are already have it on file. I agree with that logic.

Please do NOT send copy of child’s SSN - totally unnecessary. 
Do you have paperwork from the doctor for you and the child? Letters from doctor listing both you as parents? Explanation of benefits letters for any of you? Include that. 
By now should’ve had power of attorney, wills done especially since you have a child - include that. 

Any cards, letters upon birth of child addresses to both of you? Copy those and include. 

Yes, absolutely include the explanation of living arrangements- parents really should go the lease route so you have something to show and to be able to get renters insurance. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Get an affidavit from the parents explaining the living arrangements.  Since you do not have an "official" lease, this affidavit will help explain the situation.  Make sure to include addresses, when you lived with them, when you moved to their house, and have them explain why they are letting you live rent-free (saving for your own house, lawn care in lieu of rent, etc.) and that you pay them for the utilities that are in their name).

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I met my now husband when we were both living in Mexico. My Dad ended up retiring there as well, which left his home in the US unoccupied. We have been living there, rent free, since Sept 2017. For the AOS and the ROC, my dad wrote a letter that I included with the packet stating we are allowed to stay at his property, rent free, for as long as we want. He is also the cosponsor, so they have his financial details. 

We didn't have a whole lot of evidence either, but it is what it is. We sent 2018 & 2019 joint tax transcripts, recent bank joint bank statement, recent joint credit card statement, 2018 & 2019 & 2020 joint health insurance through Marketplace, current joint insurance through my employer, Car insurance listing both of our names, Cell phone account with both of our numbers, joint zoo membership, four sworn letters from our friends and loads of pics from AOS to ROC submission. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.