ronh

MIDDLE INITIAL ON PHIL. PASSPORT... needs suggestion, please.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, my 20 year old son is an illigitimate child so he doesn't have a middle name on his birth certificate, just blank. But on his passport, they put " NOT APPLICABLE" as his middle name . I have no idea how did it happen.  And he had his medical exam done at St. Lukes in October 2020 and interview done at US Embassy in December 2020 but his under admistrative review for DNA test recommendation due to birth certificate as late registered and I wasn't able provide them my prenatal record. But in the  221g letter it also stated that " Also please correct passport middle name, the name on the passport will be exactly what will be printed on your visa. Currently your middle name is listed as NOT APPLICABLE. 

By the way, I just had my DNA test today Jan. 15th. and they sent my son's DNA test kit to US embassy Manila yesterday Jan.14th. So, what do you think guys, does he need to apply a new passport or wait till he gets here in the US and renew his passport? 

My concern is if he will apply a new passport, it means that his gonaa have a different passport number. So what will happen to his medical exam stamped at St lukes on his old passport? and all the documents in US embassy is his old passport number.

Please I really need all your ideas and suggestion. Thank you and God bless us all. Stay healthy

img026.pdf

56 minutes ago, ronh said:

Hi, my 20 year old son is an illigitimate child so he doesn't have a middle name on his birth certificate, just blank. But on his passport, they put " NOT APPLICABLE" as his middle name . I have no idea how did it happen.  And he had his medical exam done at St. Lukes in October 2020 and interview done at US Embassy in December 2020 but his under admistrative review for DNA test recommendation due to birth certificate as late registered and I wasn't able provide them my prenatal record. But in the  221g letter it also stated that " Also please correct passport middle name, the name on the passport will be exactly what will be printed on your visa. Currently your middle name is listed as NOT APPLICABLE. 

By the way, I just had my DNA test today Jan. 15th. and they sent my son's DNA test kit to US embassy Manila yesterday Jan.14th. So, what do you think guys, does he need to apply a new passport or wait till he gets here in the US and renew his passport? 

My concern is if he will apply a new passport, it means that his gonaa have a different passport number. So what will happen to his medical exam stamped at St lukes on his old passport? and all the documents in US embassy is his old passport number.

Please I really need all your ideas and suggestion. Thank you and God bless us all. Stay healthy

img026.pdf 412.68 kB · 1 download

usually if the mistake is from the immigration office you can ask them to correct them for u since this is not ur fault ? they can add on endorsement ( inside the passport ). very rare they are going to give a new passport with a new number 

1 hour ago, ronh said:

img026.pdf 412.68 kB · 2 downloads

Oh FYI, my sister went to DFA office in  Cagayan de Oro City and their advice is to apply my son a new passport with a new passport number because they cannot do anything to correct the middle name "NOT APPLICALBE". 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, ronh said:

img026.pdf 412.68 kB · 3 downloads

I know of a few people that had renewed their passports after starting the process, they gone everything done, just need to keep both passports together.   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I know of a few people that had renewed their passports after starting the process, they gone everything done, just need to keep both passports together.   

Hank, does it necessary to correct the middle name while his still in the Philippines? Or can we do it here in the US when he gets here? As what I understand, the embassy will put the NOT APPLICABLE in his middle name just like in his passport. What do you think? Thank you

Based on your description and the attached PDF, the US embassy will not print the visa on the current passport with the middle name field indicating "Not Applicable." So I understood that leaves your son no choice but to get a new passport in the Philippines, as follows:

Surname: XXX

Given Name: YYY

Middle Name: (leave this blank)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, ronh said:

Hank, does it necessary to correct the middle name while his still in the Philippines? Or can we do it here in the US when he gets here? As what I understand, the embassy will put the NOT APPLICABLE in his middle name just like in his passport. What do you think? Thank you

The letter you received from the embassy is a 221g, it requested the middle name be corrected.   A 221g is a refusal letter if the requested items are not completed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 hours ago, Misscloud said:

usually if the mistake is from the immigration office you can ask them to correct them for u since this is not ur fault ? they can add on endorsement ( inside the passport ). very rare they are going to give a new passport with a new number 

DFA office advice him to apply for  a new passport. Thank you

11 hours ago, Adventine said:

Based on your description and the attached PDF, the US embassy will not print the visa on the current passport with the middle name field indicating "Not Applicable." So I understood that leaves your son no choice but to get a new passport in the Philippines, as follows:

Surname: XXX

Given Name: YYY

Middle Name: (leave this blank)

Thank you. Stay healthy

8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The letter you received from the embassy is a 221g, it requested the middle name be corrected.   A 221g is a refusal letter if the requested items are not completed.

Thank you so much Hank. My son is going to get a new passport on Jan. 26. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.