aleroux7679

Interviews in Dominican Republic

40 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Irvin Aguilar said:

I'm petitioning for both of my parents who are in Peru and they have been approved at NVC since April 2020 and we are still waiting for interview dates. I know the US Embassy in Peru was closed for some time. They recently reopened but with limited employees so it's taking a while. Maybe this is the case with the US Embassy in the Dominican Republic.

Parent visas are still currently banned. 

DR is closed for routine matters but I’ve heard of some that have gotten appointments and are not expedite petitions. Hopefully they reopen soon.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:09 AM, aleroux7679 said:

I’ve been waiting for the interview dates at the consulate in DR with no luck. Looking for any comments on this and approx dates. How are yours looking. It’s for my daughters visa.

My wife’s mom’s NVC docs were all approved in December, got the letter saying to wait for an interview, but reading on here makes my hopes go down.  I won’t even tell her what I’m reading on here, that would destroy her.  Her dad’s is still waiting on approval, that’ll take even longer...sigh.  I hope this all ends soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, aleroux7679 said:

It would be easier if we at list knew who they are scheduling  now? It would give us an idea of how long the wait would be. 

They started scheduling the people that has already had appointments and were canceled from march 16 2020- april 30 2020

53FDCFB9-8A44-41AE-A862-CE309EBB3292.png

Edited by B&O0302

On 2/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, aleroux7679 said:

DR is closed for routine matters but I’ve heard of some that have gotten appointments and are not expedite petitions. Hopefully they reopen soon.

They opened back up slowly but surely

96CB7121-92B0-4613-B19B-6DA7DB4B81AA.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, Juanfelix said:

I’m June 3, 2020 and still nothing 

Please update us all when you get the appointment.  We are December 2020 and still nothing.

Good luck to everybody,

I petitioned for my mom, she is in the Dominican Republic, case hasn't been approved yet, although I filed on July 3rd 2020, I was hoping for her interview to be around August-December this year but it seems like it is not going to happen. The NVC process is usually quick, but I see there are behind in term of scheduling interviews.

Oh well, good luck to all of us!

On 3/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, dehiguey23 said:

Please update us all when you get the appointment.  We are December 2020 and still nothing.

September 2020 and NADA

• 1 month later...

Any updates to anyone following this thread?  I petitioned for my step-daughter, who has since had a baby after we were documentarily qualified in July, 2020.  No interview yet.   

1 hour ago, Aris & Kismet said:

Any updates to anyone following this thread?  I petitioned for my step-daughter, who has since had a baby after we were documentarily qualified in July, 2020.  No interview yet.   

Nothing yet. We are still impatiently waiting. 

1 hour ago, aleroux7679 said:

Nothing yet. We are still impatiently waiting. 

Nothing yet. I’m also impatiently waiting. If I hear anything I’ll post it. I’m thinking some time in July. According to the people in you tube they are in May 22, 2020 for American Citizens petitioning for spouses and children under 21

12 minutes ago, Juanfelix said:

Nothing yet. I’m also impatiently waiting. If I hear anything I’ll post it. I’m thinking some time in July. According to the people in you tube they are in May 22, 2020 for American Citizens petitioning for spouses and children under 21

Thank you. Will do the same. I am a U. S. Citizen petitioning for my step-daughter.  Hoping to hear back soon.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.