Charlie_SK

Why are NOA1s not being processed?

84 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, BreeMB said:

I thought NZ hadn't shut it's borders? Australia won't let people out but didn't think NZ had been that strict.

Nz has shut  it’s borders in coming, for me to leave and return I would have to spend over 10k on flights, covid nasal swabs to prove negative going and coming back and a minimum of two weeks quarantine back in NZ. LAX is now talking about quarantine when arriving there so it would be four weeks quarantine all in all.  I would use all my leave to just quarantine. 
We cancelled three visits earlier because of the uncertainty of travel now I wish I had just gone. Each day the restrictions are getting harder. I have now heard today that Air NZ is cutting back on more flights to LA making it harder and more expensive again in the near future. I used to be able to fly to NC for $1600 return. Not anymore I will barely get change from 7k 

Edited by Vamp.nz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Vamp.nz said:

Nz has shut  it’s borders in coming, for me to leave and return I would have to spend over 10k on flights, covid nasal swabs to prove negative going and coming back and a minimum of two weeks quarantine back in NZ. LAX is now talking about quarantine when arriving there so it would be four weeks quarantine all in all.  I would use all my leave to just quarantine. 
We cancelled three visits earlier because of the uncertainty of travel now I wish I had just gone. Each day the restrictions are getting harder. I have now heard today that Air NZ is cutting back on more flights to LA making it harder and more expensive again in the near future. I used to be able to fly to NC for $1600 return. Not anymore I will barely get change from 7k 

That is a lot of money. If you could take unpaid leave I would just do it if I were you. I went through months and months of applying for exemptions only to be rejected four times. I know it's expensive but you should feel lucky that you even have the CHOICE to pay to see your loved one. I didn't have a choice, as most Aussies don't, for a long time. In August I FINALLY got an exemption and I was out of there the next week. On top of flights, Australians have to get an exemption, pay $3000 for quarantine (I've heard NZ doesn't have to pay) and I lost my job. But I don't regret it a single bit. I'm employed again, no longer depressed and we're engaged. I'm not saying your situation isn't difficult too but hopefully you can feel slightly happier for the lesser restrictions in NZ. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
14 hours ago, BreeMB said:

Hi, when I originally posted this thread question I meant to ask whether NOA1s are being processed specifically for K1 applicants. I think I have somewhat figured out how you are seeing the number of receipts issued every day, however, I haven't seen any recently for a K1 fiance applicant. Have you? You seem to be quite good at understanding such things. My concern is that they're not processing K1 receipts for some reason.

Here is what I've gathered for this month as of this afternoon. Have not seen any new entries today (20 Jan) as of yet. It absolutely looks like they are inprocessing and sending NOA-1s for K1 petitions, just at a ungodly slow pace especially compared to before Christmas. Unfortunately I really have no other objective information on what they are doing other than statements on their Lockbox status reports.

I129F.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ryvfader said:

Here is what I've gathered for this month as of this afternoon. Have not seen any new entries today (20 Jan) as of yet. It absolutely looks like they are inprocessing and sending NOA-1s for K1 petitions, just at a ungodly slow pace especially compared to before Christmas. Unfortunately I really have no other objective information on what they are doing other than statements on their Lockbox status reports.

I129F.PNG

Ok, excellent! I was starting to worry that K1s were on hold for some reason. Thanks!

Timeline
12 hours ago, BreeMB said:
12 hours ago, Vamp.nz said:

That is a lot of money. If you could take unpaid leave I would just do it if I were you. I went through months and months of applying for exemptions only to be rejected four times. I know it's expensive but you should feel lucky that you even have the CHOICE to pay to see your loved one. I didn't have a choice, as most Aussies don't, for a long time. In August I FINALLY got an exemption and I was out of there the next week. On top of flights, Australians have to get an exemption, pay $3000 for quarantine (I've heard NZ doesn't have to pay) and I lost my job. But I don't regret it a single bit. I'm employed again, no longer depressed and we're engaged. I'm not saying your situation isn't difficult too but hopefully you can feel slightly happier for the lesser restrictions in NZ. 

Returning Kiwis DO have to pay quarantine costs of $3100. Anyone that left nz after aug 11 2020 is subject to all costs.. with two kids those costs then escalate to close to 5k.  I don’t have the luxury of having 15k just in my bank account, I have kids and a mortgage to pay, so can’t quit my job or take more time out, So I’m just as trapped for now. While nz border maybe open for people to leave, she has made it very expensive and very difficult to get back, the rules are changing everyday and it’s get a little harder everyday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 hours ago, BreeMB said:

Ok, excellent! I was starting to worry that K1s were on hold for some reason. Thanks!

Looks like no I-129F's for today though. I feel that we are very quickly approaching a situation where we should begin urging people to reach out to their congressman or congresswoman and ask for assistance or to hold additional accountability to USCIS for at least more transparency in this process. 

Timeline

Absolutely agree. It’s now coming up nine weeks since ours was delivered.  It shocks me that USCIS were saying just a few weeks ago how they were running at a huge loss and needed more money and wanted to increase costs... yet our check and so many more are just sitting there unbanked... it doesn’t make sense does it

9 hours ago, Vamp.nz said:

Absolutely agree. It’s now coming up nine weeks since ours was delivered.  It shocks me that USCIS were saying just a few weeks ago how they were running at a huge loss and needed more money and wanted to increase costs... yet our check and so many more are just sitting there unbanked... it doesn’t make sense does it

This can't continue. Either they need to discontinue K1 applications or they need to clear the backlog and get to normal processing times. I'm not sure why COVID is such a big issue for a closed off office where papers are being processed. I understand delays at embassies but not the processing center. 

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah this whole thing is ridiculous. They're using every excuse in the book. I'm done with their s**t. I've contacted an attorney. Perhaps a lawsuit will get something done once and for all.

Timeline
10 hours ago, ryvfader said:

Looks like no I-129F's for today though. I feel that we are very quickly approaching a situation where we should begin urging people to reach out to their congressman or congresswoman and ask for assistance or to hold additional accountability to USCIS for at least more transparency in this process. 

I did and my congressman also got the run around. I'm hiring an attorney now. I hope more of you will do the same. If they get sued by enough people something will happen.

8 minutes ago, brvids2020 said:

I did and my congressman also got the run around. I'm hiring an attorney now. I hope more of you will do the same. If they get sued by enough people something will happen.

Is the lockbox office even working anymore? 

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, metuchen said:

Is the lockbox office even working anymore? 

I don't think they are. They're using every excuse in the book and exploiting the covid virus as a reason for their slow down. 

1 minute ago, brvids2020 said:

I don't think they are. They're using every excuse in the book and exploiting the covid virus as a reason for their slow down. 

My I-129F was received like 10 days ago, though judging by these experiences, God knows when I'll get the NOA1. The frustrating thing is when I look at the timelines of people who submitted in 2019, they generally got NOA1 in just a matter of days!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, metuchen said:

My I-129F was received like 10 days ago, though judging by these experiences, God knows when I'll get the NOA1. The frustrating thing is when I look at the timelines of people who submitted in 2019, they generally got NOA1 in just a matter of days!

I submitted mine end of October and still no NOA1

Just now, brvids2020 said:

I submitted mine end of October and still no NOA1

That's criminal. 2 months+ waiting for a receipt notice that is supposed to take just a few days. If that takes 2 months how long do they expect the other steps to take?!

Does the spousal visa have the same delays? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.