NoMansLand2020

Philippines - lawsuits

42 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

If it’s not Greg Siskind, Charles Kuck, or Jeff Joseph. It doesn’t matter who they are.

You mean this?

EC657869-F860-4B95-9AA9-5138C4604096.jpeg

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

You mean this?

EC657869-F860-4B95-9AA9-5138C4604096.jpeg

That was the initial reaction. But as it moved along. We found out the Government Lawyers were trying to moot out the plaintiffs. 

the case is still not closed. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

That was the initial reaction. But as it moved along. We found out the Government Lawyers were trying to moot out the plaintiffs. 

the case is still not closed. 

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/36305115/MILLIGAN_et_al_v_POMPEO_et_al

activity as of January 11th and you said case was closed.

And this link that Is referenced?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/k-visa-processing-update.html?fbclid=IwAR1BsVDZNDuyRYOoiafGDJI6QxF_0PSDvByofvBfLEs19SoT1KZFI6dz5Bs

Or this directly from Susser...

New plaintiffs from non-proclamation countries, on the other hand, are much less likely to benefit from the injunction that is currently in place. They may benefit in the event makes future orders regarding unreasonable delay and they may want to consider filing individual actions. Any of the law firms co-counseling on this case can handle individual cases and you might consider setting upa consultation with one of them to discuss this option.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

The first case is done. The second case is active. The note from the website above was taken from the lawyers website. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

As I said, I will get my information directly from Siskind Susser and the State Department. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 6:51 PM, John & Rose said:

As I said, I will get my information directly from Siskind Susser and the State Department. 

Can I ask you why you are involved in this you aren’t even a K1 applicant. 

it’s funny how you say it didn’t help me where as there are people that have been waiting longer than I have that are still at the NVC

I believe you just like to argue. 

29 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

Can I ask you why you are involved in this you aren’t even a K1 applicant. 

it’s funny how you say it didn’t help me where as there are people that have been waiting longer than I have that are still at the NVC

I believe you just like to argue. 

I actually was a K-1 and I have been here for many years. I wasn’t arguing and I believe you did move quicker and you believe it was for the lawsuit. That is fine except there are other readers here who should know what the lawyers and the State Department have to say about it. 

Each petition is its own world. My K-1 took 11 months to interview. Our spousal was 9 months from filing to POE. It could have been a month sooner but it went so fast. I don’t know why our spousal was just 8 months but now I know it is just because that is how it happened. Sometimes it is just what it is. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 8:07 PM, John & Rose said:

No, in some cases issued the visas but if they cant leave their country for a 14 day stay somewhere else, they risk losing the visa because of the medical requirement.  People paid $2000 for the interview but outside of any medical extension that visa is still expired in 6 months.  Imagine "winning" the lawsuit only to have the visa expire because of the travel ban.  They can do a new medical but the victory isn't quite as good as they hoped for.  

I suppose it is still better to be approved and issued than to be waiting for an interview appointment.

Original plaintiffs only paid $1000. Also, everyone who had an interview and got approved, got their visa in hand or is waiting for it in the mail. Everyone who got it has gone to a 3rd country and then entered US (many of them already) or are in a 3rd country now or will be soon. So, yeah, we won and it’s not “better than nothing” cause we are actually getting to the US successfully. The new plaintiffs who jumped on the bandwagon after we won are the ones paying $2000. Before we went along with the lawsuit, we all discussed that we would do the 3rd country route if the ban wasn’t lifted. Pretty great win if you ask me 🤷🏼‍♀️ Better than sitting on our hands and hoping. 

1 hour ago, writerv said:

Original plaintiffs only paid $1000. Also, everyone who had an interview and got approved, got their visa in hand or is waiting for it in the mail. Everyone who got it has gone to a 3rd country and then entered US (many of them already) or are in a 3rd country now or will be soon. So, yeah, we won and it’s not “better than nothing” cause we are actually getting to the US successfully. The new plaintiffs who jumped on the bandwagon after we won are the ones paying $2000. Before we went along with the lawsuit, we all discussed that we would do the 3rd country route if the ban wasn’t lifted. Pretty great win if you ask me 🤷🏼‍♀️ Better than sitting on our hands and hoping. 

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on getting approved. The lawsuit did help get things moving in some countries. I didn’t realize the first case plaintiffs was only $1000. You did good going when you did!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 hours ago, writerv said:

Pretty great win if you ask me 🤷🏼‍♀️ Better than sitting on our hands and hoping. 

Congratulations to you all!

Yeah, that's me, sitting on my hands and hoping.

Did I miss the boat on the 2nd lawsuit?

Edited by Milmauka

6 hours ago, Milmauka said:

Congratulations to you all!

Yeah, that's me, sitting on my hands and hoping.

Did I miss the boat on the 2nd lawsuit?

They are asking the judge about adding plaintiffs. This suit is $2000 a couple but do your homework first. The state department and the lawyers warn that there is little to no impact on plaintiffs outside of the Schengen Area, UK, Ireland, Iraq, Brazil and China. Make sure to talk to the lawyer before you send money that may be wasted. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.