Jump to content

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

So the USPS finally delivered my N-90 on 12-18 but I still haven’t heard back yet when I sent back my wife’s greencard because of wrong dates which is important to do ROC. 
 

when should I panic? It was sent to a PO Box in Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

So the USPS finally delivered my N-90 on 12-18 but I still haven’t heard back yet when I sent back my wife’s greencard because of wrong dates which is important to do ROC. 
 

when should I panic? It was sent to a PO Box in Arizona.

I’m guessing you mean I-90

 

You won’t need the corrected green card for ROC.  The I-90 NOA1 receipt is sufficient.  

Edited by Mike E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I’m guessing you mean I-90

 

You won’t need the corrected green card for ROC.  The I-90 NOA1 receipt is sufficient.  

Thank you, I realize I don’t need the greencard to do I-90 but I do need the greencards residence since and expiration date correct and this does affect ROC timeline....I can’t assume I can know what they are thinking....for all I know they expect ROC to be done with the dates as is on the greencard which are wrong and I’m not about to do ROC process with dates I know is in error. 
 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
8 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

Thank you, I realize I don’t need the greencard to do I-90 but I do need the greencards residence since and expiration date correct and this does affect ROC timeline....I can’t assume I can know what they are thinking....for all I know they expect ROC to be done with the dates as is on the greencard which are wrong and I’m not about to do ROC process with dates I know is in error. 
 

Thanks 

Surely you made a copy of your green card before you relinquished it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Surely you made a copy of your green card before you relinquished it.  

Yea of course but that has nothing to do with what I’m asking, I’m asking the members how long should I wait to give the USCIS time open a my I-90 request envelope including supporting  documents for new and correct greencard they received on 12-18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
26 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Yea of course but that has nothing to do with what I’m asking, I’m asking the members how long should I wait to give the USCIS time open a my I-90 request envelope including supporting  documents for new and correct greencard they received on 12-18

I don’t understand.  Why do you care how long Uscis takes to consider your I-90 request? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

So the USPS finally delivered my N-90 on 12-18

Lockbox intake time has slowed down. Contact USCIS about 6 to 7 weeks after that date if you haven't received the receipt notice by that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
9 hours ago, HRQX said:

Lockbox intake time has slowed down. Contact USCIS about 6 to 7 weeks after that date if you haven't received the receipt notice by that time.

Ok thanks HRQX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mike E said:

I don’t understand.  Why do you care how long Uscis takes to consider your I-90 request? 

Because the dates on the greencard dictate my 90 day window, I want a greencard with core t dates to confirm my 90 window and not assume....my friend nobody should assume anything with the USCIS, 

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

Because the dates on the greencard dictate my 90 day window, I want a greencard with core t dates to confirm my 90 window and not assume....my friend nobody should assume anything with the USCIS, 

 

thanks

You want a a corrected green card before you file an I-751?

 

If so, given how long USCIS took to process I-90s even before COVID, it is safe to assume you are not getting a corrected green card before the deadline to file I-751.  
 

1. It isn’t a priority for USCIS. 
 

2. You don’t need a corrected green card to file I-751.  
 

3. Your I-90 receipt in lieu of a green card suffices for the I-751 filing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

Because the dates on the greencard dictate my 90 day window, I want a greencard with core t dates to confirm my 90 window and not assume....my friend nobody should assume anything with the USCIS, 

 

thanks

The I-90 could possibly take a long time to process. Your I-485 approval notice tells you exactly what date you became an LPR. You don't necessarily need the green card to know that info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

The I-90 could possibly take a long time to process. Your I-485 approval notice tells you exactly what date you became an LPR. You don't necessarily need the green card to know that info.

Thanks Mushroomspore and you are correct but.....it would be nice to have the correct albeit short 2 year remaining greencard in hand,

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the incorrect card issued?


CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4.5 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- May 2015 [Denied]

 

Early May 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

 

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 [Denied] 

 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

 

 N-400 - Feb 2018 [Denied] 

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

 

I-751 Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors.

 

I-290B - April 2021 [Withdrawn]

April 2021: I-290B motion to re-open ($675) filed 

 

I-751 #3 - June 2021 [Pending]

June 2021: I-751 #3 (27lbs) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

When was the incorrect card issued?

A week after I-485 interview, but with incorrect "Resident Since" and expiration date:

 

Quote

Our K1 Greencard interview was on 8/23/2019

We received in the mail the Greencard on 8/30/2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...