Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

657 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
18 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

That’s disappointing, I’m sorry to hear! What was wrong with your other documents? Do you have to have a second interview?

They kept my passport and just said to upload the information on the CEAC page,  the documents were out of date because of covid shut downs so we needed new ones not the ones we sent over a year ago and were originally approved.   He never said anything about a second interview at all.  I didn't think you would have to go for a second one 

Timeline
1 hour ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Well no visa, need to upload more documents.  Would of been nice if they let us know that before we went and basically wasted our time.  They sent us a notification telling us the Police Cert wasn't right but they never bothered to tell us about the other documents.  So now we need to get all new documents and upload them on the CEAc and apparently we also have to arrange for a courier to drop off the paperwork back up in Dublin.  What a complete mess this is. 

Ah! They really need a few lessons in communication! Which documents do you have to send back? I’m sorry, that sucks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

They kept my passport and just said to upload the information on the CEAC page,  the documents were out of date because of covid shut downs so we needed new ones not the ones we sent over a year ago and were originally approved.   He never said anything about a second interview at all.  I didn't think you would have to go for a second one 

Oh so it sounds like you’ll be approved and visa issued once they have the new documents!? That’s not so bad, just a bit of a delay - annoying but it should be remedied rather quickly ❤️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Ah! They really need a few lessons in communication! Which documents do you have to send back? I’m sorry, that sucks 

Tax returns, because they were from 2019 we filed them in 2020 so those were the newest ones so instead of contacting us and asking for the new ones they sprung this up at the interview and literally handed me a 221g form with what we needed and vague instructions.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, UnaJohn said:

Oh so it sounds like you’ll be approved and visa issued once they have the new documents!? That’s not so bad, just a bit of a delay - annoying but it should be remedied rather quickly ❤️

See this is where im completely confused, the gentleman just said to upload them then i get a email that says upload them then send the documents via DPD to the embassy.  He never said anything about that.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

See this is where im completely confused, the gentleman just said to upload them then i get a email that says upload them then send the documents via DPD to the embassy.  He never said anything about that.  

That’s so confusing & ridiculous! I don’t know why you’d have to send them physically in if they’re uploaded online. It’s like they just find reasons to deny people. I haven’t been told to submit 2020 tax info. Guess I’ll get on that too. They love curve balls!

Timeline
Just now, Thewander said:

That’s so confusing & ridiculous! I don’t know why you’d have to send them physically in if they’re uploaded online. It’s like they just find reasons to deny people. I haven’t been told to submit 2020 tax info. Guess I’ll get on that too. They love curve balls!

You really should get them and scan them into the CEAC asap so they wont have a BS reason to deny you.  The complete lack of communication and valid information is a joke.  I just checked the Embassy website and they say you need to email them the scanned documents.... I haven't a clue what to do and after all the nerves and worry I'm just plain angry now.  Would of been easier to fly to Mexico and climb a fence.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Tax returns, because they were from 2019 we filed them in 2020 so those were the newest ones so instead of contacting us and asking for the new ones they sprung this up at the interview and literally handed me a 221g form with what we needed and vague instructions.  

Had you filed your 2020 tax returns and just didn't bring those? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
29 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

You really should get them and scan them into the CEAC asap so they wont have a BS reason to deny you.  The complete lack of communication and valid information is a joke.  I just checked the Embassy website and they say you need to email them the scanned documents.... I haven't a clue what to do and after all the nerves and worry I'm just plain angry now.  Would of been easier to fly to Mexico and climb a fence.

Do all three- you’ll be scanning them for ceac anyway, so just email them on and then stick them in the post up to them - follow up by email as soon as you get a notification they’ve been delivered. If they’ve hung onto to your passport I’d take this as a good sign? A total pain and very very frustrating but you’re very close! 

Timeline

Really sorry to read about the delay, but it unfortunately seems to be business as usual when bureaucracy is involved...😔 Neither my Joint Sponsor nor I have filed our returns for 2020 yet, so I'm a little concerned about being delayed there...

I also had an incident with trying to get a new Police Certificate. Spouse followed the information and went with a pre-stamped envelope as we did last time, the secretary took the envelope and we got it back in two days...with the information inside, no certificate.

We went back to see if we did anything wrong, and the secretary told us we were in the wrong jurisdiction and had to go to another station. That's absurd considering it's the same station we got the last one at, so we called the station. We connected to the Superintendent's office, and they told us that there's been a lot of trouble with Police Certs lately, and to send them an email with all the requested paperwork scanned/attached. We got the new cert yesterday. No Embassy evidence needed.

Any typophiles will appreciate that it was written in Comic Sans. It looks like a bootleg of the first one we got 😂 The name under the signature was also the same as the first, but the signature is clearly different...anxiety brain has me worrying that they'll think this new one is forged or something.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, JolieBR19 said:

Had you filed your 2020 tax returns and just didn't bring those? 

We filed them but no one asked to see them, the returns we uploaded were from last years tax returns so it would of been 2019 as that was the year they asked for.  No one ever asked for any updated tax returns as they should have to save us the time.  Complete lack of communication from their end as usual. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

Do all three- you’ll be scanning them for ceac anyway, so just email them on and then stick them in the post up to them - follow up by email as soon as you get a notification they’ve been delivered. If they’ve hung onto to your passport I’d take this as a good sign? A total pain and very very frustrating but you’re very close! 

Oh trust me I uploaded them and emailed them and i'll have to go to Wexford tomorrow to send them via DPD as you know nothing is easy when it comes to this process.  

The thing that angers me the most is they actually notified us that the Police cert wasn't good enough as they didn't have my maiden name on it so if they could email us and tell us to upload the new police cert then why not email us to upload new tax returns? 

Edited by IrishMosquito84

Timeline
Just now, IrishMosquito84 said:

Oh trust me I uploaded them and emailed them and i'll have to go to Wexford tomorrow to send them via DPD as you know nothing is easy when it comes to this process.  

So sorry this happened to you! I wish they were better at communicating before the interview!!!! 🥵 How was the interview other than that?

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
Just now, Linos said:

So sorry this happened to you! I wish they were better at communicating before the interview!!!! 🥵 How was the interview other than that?

They were great, polite, nice etc.. Asked for police cert, marriage cert birth cert and didn't even mention the medical which was done two weeks ago.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

We filed them but no one asked to see them, the returns we uploaded were from last years tax returns so it would of been 2019 as that was the year they asked for.  No one ever asked for any updated tax returns as they should have to save us the time.  Complete lack of communication from their end as usual. 

Ughhh that is so frustrating. I'm so sorry. You are almost there though but I understand it's such a letdown on the day. 

Did they just ask you if you had filed the 2020 ones or were they just like where's the 2020 tax return? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.