Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

657 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 hours ago, SIRE said:

theyre adding US to mandatory quarantine list https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0405/1207991-coronavirus-quarantine/ 

freaking sucks!

They may not, nothing’s been decided yet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

For anyone that has been approved after their interview at the embassy, have you been waiting/waited long to receive your passport back? The Automatic reply states from the embassy states :

• Status of case after interview/tracking number of package. Visa processing takes 15 working days from the receipt of all the required documentation. Our courier will notify applicants when their visa packets are available for collection. If you have not received an email within 15 working days from our courier, please follow up with our office.

Wondering if anyone got theirs back within that time frame or still waiting? Getting impatient after a lot of delays this year.

Edited by milly16

Timeline
16 hours ago, Thewander said:

It is odd and illegal

How is it illegal? I thought the golden rule for immigration is that it's a privilege, not a right, but you seem more researched than I am so I'm eager to learn more info if you have it.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
5 hours ago, milly16 said:

For anyone that has been approved after their interview at the embassy, have you been waiting/waited long to receive your passport back? The Automatic reply states from the embassy states :

• Status of case after interview/tracking number of package. Visa processing takes 15 working days from the receipt of all the required documentation. Our courier will notify applicants when their visa packets are available for collection. If you have not received an email within 15 working days from our courier, please follow up with our office.

Wondering if anyone got theirs back within that time frame or still waiting? Getting impatient after a lot of delays this year.

I just know for a K1 person it took 2 weeks. 

Can I ask when you were DQ? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JolieBR19 said:

I just know for a K1 person it took 2 weeks. 

Can I ask when you were DQ? 

Thanks for your response! That's good to know.

I was DQd March 2020.

Timeline

From the spreadsheet I see there was one interview held yesterday ie 06/04/2021 I hope it went well. I was hoping to hear some feedback on how many interviews are being scheduled a day? perhaps those who were present might have an idea ..

Timeline
37 minutes ago, SIRE said:

From the spreadsheet I see there was one interview held yesterday ie 06/04/2021 I hope it went well. I was hoping to hear some feedback on how many interviews are being scheduled a day? perhaps those who were present might have an idea ..

Per this thread vvvv It seems like they schedule them during two periods in a month.

From looking at our spreadsheet, it seems like they're being scheduled at the very end/beginning of the month, but I understand that we don't have the full picture there.

It'd be nice if we could get a bit more transparency and see how/that things are working, but I guess the less transparency you offer, the less scrutiny you're subjecting yourself to.

👐

Patience......patience.

Hi everyone. New here, just found this community. Got notified of my upcoming interview today for early next month and am nervous for it. Any advice on what to bring for a CR-1? Do I need to get evidence of a relationship, bring photos? First time ever doing something like this and I don't want to do the wrong thing. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EireEire87 said:

Hi everyone. New here, just found this community. Got notified of my upcoming interview today for early next month and am nervous for it. Any advice on what to bring for a CR-1? Do I need to get evidence of a relationship, bring photos? First time ever doing something like this and I don't want to do the wrong thing. 

Congrats on the interview date! ❤️ I would bring some evidence of time spent together just in case you need it (photos, receipts for trips, flight tickets etc) When is your DQ date?

Edited by Linos
typo

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Just now, Linos said:

Congrats on the interview date! ❤️ I would bring some evidence of time spent together just in case you need it (photos, receipts for trips, flight tickets etc) are you a CR1 or K1?

Thank you! I'm a mix of excited and nervous. I am a CR1. It's been a long wait but I totally understand that it could not be helped with the pandemic. It's been tough for everyone.  I will bring photos of our travel and holiday hotel receipts in case they need it.  Thank you so much for the advice. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EireEire87 said:

When were you DQ and what date is the interview? We were DQ 15 October and are anxiously awaiting. 

I think the embassy sends on a list of everything you need but definitely pictures and plane tickets of trips together if you have them. 

It sounds like the staff in there are really nice. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EireEire87 said:

Thank you! I'm a mix of excited and nervous. I am a CR1. It's been a long wait but I totally understand that it could not be helped with the pandemic. It's been tough for everyone.  I will bring photos of our travel and holiday hotel receipts in case they need it.  Thank you so much for the advice. 

I can imagine! Don't worry ❤️ I don't think they usually ask for the extra evidence but there's no harm in bringing it :) 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

16 minutes ago, JolieBR19 said:

When were you DQ and what date is the interview? We were DQ 15 October and are anxiously awaiting. 

I think the embassy sends on a list of everything you need but definitely pictures and plane tickets of trips together if you have them. 

It sounds like the staff in there are really nice. 

I was DQ’d in early October 2020. My husband filed for me in Jan 2020 and they told me then that the process takes up to 18months so I had that timeframe in my head. Happy to get an app earlier than I expected, especially during COVID. Really thankful. Reading the secret and giving out positive vibes really paid off!!! 😂 The staff there have been super nice and kind to me throughout the pandemic but I don’t want to keep emailing their offices and annoying them!! I will start compiling some things that I can bring with me, just so I’m prepared. Hopefully they’ll send me a list too. Thanks for the advice! :)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, EireEire87 said:

I was DQ’d in early October 2020. My husband filed for me in Jan 2020 and they told me then that the process takes up to 18months so I had that timeframe in my head. Happy to get an app earlier than I expected, especially during COVID. Really thankful. Reading the secret and giving out positive vibes really paid off!!! 😂 The staff there have been super nice and kind to me throughout the pandemic but I don’t want to keep emailing their offices and annoying them!! I will start compiling some things that I can bring with me, just so I’m prepared. Hopefully they’ll send me a list too. Thanks for the advice! :)

Was your case sent to the embassy in December or was it just recently? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.