Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, IrishMosquito84 said:

They were great, polite, nice etc.. Asked for police cert, marriage cert birth cert and didn't even mention the medical which was done two weeks ago.  

That's good ❤️ At least now thats over with and they've kept your passport 🏄‍♀️ so it should be processed as soon as they get the new tax return

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
5 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

They were great, polite, nice etc.. Asked for police cert, marriage cert birth cert and didn't even mention the medical which was done two weeks ago.  

Are they also making you do another 864 form? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Are they also making you do another 864 form? 

No just tax returns that's the only thing they want.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
52 minutes ago, SIRE said:

So I am wondering is it better to upload from now on and take them with us during the interview? to avoid unnecessary delays :(

Definitely take them with you anyway! No harm in doing that. Have scans ready then if they want you to upload them after? 

Timeline
22 hours ago, SIRE said:

So I am wondering is it better to upload from now on and take them with us during the interview? to avoid unnecessary delays :(

Yes definitely upload them and replace any old tax returns on there, I have everything they wanted uploaded but who knows how long they will take to review them, also it says to notify them when you upload the information but there is no phone number or email to contact them by on the paper so i am literally at a loss for what to do with that.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

notify them when you upload the information but there is no phone number or email to contact them by on the paper so i am literally at a loss for what to do with that.  

I would use the email listed on the embassy's website.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
On 4/12/2021 at 2:12 PM, EireEire87 said:

It’s May 5th

Hi 👋How did you get on with the interview? :) 

USCIS 

NVC 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical

Timeline

In case anyone still has doubts about bringing the latest financial docs to their interviews, I was reading over the Interview Checklist email and came to the I-864 bullet point, where it said the following:

I-864 Affidavit of Support from your sponsor and the sponsor's most [recent?] tax transcripts...joint sponsor must provide the 1-864 (sic), proof of their U.S. Citizenship or status, their most recent tax return and any W-2s.

Odd grammar aside, I'm pretty sure this is saying that you need some proof of the current income regardless of if it's the same listed on the I-864 or not. If you have transcripts, use those. If not, use your return and statements of income (W2's, 1099's, etc).

As my JS and I haven't filed our taxes for 2020 yet, I'm planning on going with the statements of income and will report back the outcome.

✌️

Edited by neca

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, neca said:

In case anyone still has doubts about bringing the latest financial docs to their interviews, I was reading over the Interview Checklist email and came to the I-864 bullet point, where it said the following:

Odd grammar aside, I'm pretty sure this is saying that you need some proof of the current income regardless of if it's the same listed on the I-864 or not. If you have transcripts, use those. If not, use your return and statements of income (W2's, 1099's, etc).

As my JS and I haven't filed our taxes for 2020 yet, I'm planning on going with the statements of income and will report back the outcome.

✌️

I’m really worried about this. My parents are sponsoring my spouse since we have no US income. I just had them scan me over their 2020 tax returns & w2s just in case. Does this mean I should redo the i864s too? This is so frustrating. It’s not our fault we couldn’t get interviews for 6 months 

Timeline

Further, at the end of the email, it says:

The Visa Unit cannot scan documents on your behalf...ensure you have all applicable documents both scanned and in your possession.

I just verified that we could still submit documents on CEAC (in case this is news to anyone besides me lol). I'd definitely consider doing this since it says to do so in the email, just under "additional documents" for whatever sponsor. Probably good to add a note with the upload too, just to be completely clear on things.

Granted, this is all my personal logic and reasoning, so please don't take it as gospel. I think I'm probably as in the dark as the rest of you are about this 😂😔

12 minutes ago, Thewander said:

I’m really worried about this. My parents are sponsoring my spouse since we have no US income. I just had them scan me over their 2020 tax returns & w2s just in case. Does this mean I should redo the i864s too? This is so frustrating. It’s not our fault we couldn’t get interviews for 6 months 

I've read of people going in with updated I-864's, but going strictly off of what the email said, I would just stick to providing the current financial documents. It doesn't say anything about updating the I-864 to reflect the current information. So, up to you I guess.

You might want to look up and see what others have done in the past to make a decision.

For what it's worth, I will not be filling out a new I-864 because I'd rather chance them asking for a new one than to have to deal with that mess again :lol: I will be uploading the documents to CEAC though as soon as I am able to (Tuesday morning, so cutting it close!)

Edited by neca

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline

Now I scanned in all the information and submitted it last Wednesday and emailed the DublinIV address and they got back to me today and said I haven't scanned anything in.   I have been checking it all week and it surely is submitted and scanned it.  I have gone onto the CEAC all week since the interview and as usual there must be something wrong on their end since they can't see I uploaded and submitted the information they needed.  I responded back with a screen shot of the submitted documents on their site and said I can assure you they have been submitted, even has the date May 5th when I submitted them.  This embassy state is a complete joke. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, neca said:

Further, at the end of the email, it says:

I just verified that we could still submit documents on CEAC (in case this is news to anyone besides me lol). I'd definitely consider doing this since it says to do so in the email, just under "additional documents" for whatever sponsor. Probably good to add a note with the upload too, just to be completely clear on things.

Granted, this is all my personal logic and reasoning, so please don't take it as gospel. I think I'm probably as in the dark as the rest of you are about this 😂😔

I've read of people going in with updated I-864's, but going strictly off of what the email said, I would just stick to providing the current financial documents. It doesn't say anything about updating the I-864 to reflect the current information. So, up to you I guess.

You might want to look up and see what others have done in the past to make a decision.

For what it's worth, I will not be filling out a new I-864 because I'd rather chance them asking for a new one than to have to deal with that mess again :lol: I will be uploading the documents to CEAC though as soon as I am able to (Tuesday morning, so cutting it close!)

They never asked for any update I-864s at all.  They just wanted updated tax returns.  

Timeline
15 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Now I scanned in all the information and submitted it last Wednesday and emailed the DublinIV address and they got back to me today and said I haven't scanned anything in.   I have been checking it all week and it surely is submitted and scanned it.  I have gone onto the CEAC all week since the interview and as usual there must be something wrong on their end since they can't see I uploaded and submitted the information they needed.  I responded back with a screen shot of the submitted documents on their site and said I can assure you they have been submitted, even has the date May 5th when I submitted them.  This embassy state is a complete joke. 

Ugh that is SO annoying! I uploaded my husband's 2020 tax returns to CEAC when I heard this! I don't think it's been 'accepted' yet though

USCIS 

NVC 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical

Timeline
On 5/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, SIRE said:

Do it all scan them in copy them and bring originals, don't give them any reason to delay you like they've done us.  Trust me just do everything and more to ensure they have every up to date tax return etc.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.