jarj

Immigrant Visa Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there anyway I could follow on the interview schedule from the US Embassy/Consulate General in Manila, Philippines. It's almost 3 months since we got the notification that NVC will work with the embassy to schedule an interview appointment but as of the moment, we have never received any interview date or any update. 

Does anyone here knows what's causing the delay (I know COVID for obvious reasons)? Anything else? what's the timeline now in getting scheduled for an interview?

This is for my minor child. 

13 hours ago, jarj said:

Is there anyway I could follow on the interview schedule from the US Embassy/Consulate General in Manila, Philippines. It's almost 3 months since we got the notification that NVC will work with the embassy to schedule an interview appointment but as of the moment, we have never received any interview date or any update. 

Does anyone here knows what's causing the delay (I know COVID for obvious reasons)? Anything else? what's the timeline now in getting scheduled for an interview?

This is for my minor child. 

Hi, it seems that the embassy is dealing with the volume of interview appointments that were postponed/rescheduled due to the lockdown in Manila. Based on the latest timeline updates here in VJ, looks like the embassy is scheduling interviews for January 2021. To be sure, you may send an email inquiry to the embassy to check on your interview schedule - email address may be found on their website. 

In our case, we requested the NVC for an expedite in August, which was approved in September. Even with the expedited processing, the interview schedule given me was November 6 - almost 2mos after the expedite request approval. 

Timeline
On 11/23/2020 at 3:46 AM, 3naD said:

Hi, it seems that the embassy is dealing with the volume of interview appointments that were postponed/rescheduled due to the lockdown in Manila. Based on the latest timeline updates here in VJ, looks like the embassy is scheduling interviews for January 2021. To be sure, you may send an email inquiry to the embassy to check on your interview schedule - email address may be found on their website. 

In our case, we requested the NVC for an expedite in August, which was approved in September. Even with the expedited processing, the interview schedule given me was November 6 - almost 2mos after the expedite request approval. 

Can you send a link of the website? Thank you. How was the interview? What happened next? Do you mind sharing some of the questions? Did you provided additional documents?

sorry for all the questions

8 hours ago, jarj said:

Can you send a link of the website? Thank you. How was the interview? What happened next? Do you mind sharing some of the questions? Did you provided additional documents?

sorry for all the questions

Here's the link https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-updates/

The interview process was quick - I was in and out of the embassy in less than an hour. This was probably due to the limited number of people scheduled that day.  

For the pre-screening, I was asked to submit original/certified copies of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate and NBI Clearance. I was ready with my CEMAR, but they didn't ask for that. They also asked for a photocopy of my husband's W-2, which I wasn't expecting since we already uploaded his tax returns and IRS transcript to CEAC. Good thing I had a copy of his W-2.  The consul's questions were simple and straightforward: how we met; how many times we visited each other; any previous marriages/any kids; I was also asked how many times I've been to the US before, longest length of visit/ did I ever overstay (my longest stay was 1 month, and this was before I met my husband); was also asked to enumerate all the countries I've ever been to. The consul also asked me what I plan to do for work once I'm in the US already. Then he said he'll recommend the approval of my visa application. 

Filed: Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 7:16 AM, 3naD said:

The interview process was quick - I was in and out of the embassy in less than an hour. This was probably due to the limited number of people scheduled that day.  

For the pre-screening, I was asked to submit original/certified copies of our marriage certificate and my birth certificate and NBI Clearance. I was ready with my CEMAR, but they didn't ask for that. They also asked for a photocopy of my husband's W-2, which I wasn't expecting since we already uploaded his tax returns and IRS transcript to CEAC. Good thing I had a copy of his W-2.  The consul's questions were simple and straightforward: how we met; how many times we visited each other; any previous marriages/any kids; I was also asked how many times I've been to the US before, longest length of visit/ did I ever overstay (my longest stay was 1 month, and this was before I met my husband); was also asked to enumerate all the countries I've ever been to. The consul also asked me what I plan to do for work once I'm in the US already. Then he said he'll recommend the approval of my visa application. 

Congrats. Did you receive your visa already?  My son's i nterview is on Dec. 17. 

15 hours ago, ronh said:

Congrats. Did you receive your visa already?  My son's i nterview is on Dec. 17. 

Thank you! Yup, my passport was delivered 1.5weeks after the interview. 

Best of luck to your son! 🙂 

Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 7:16 AM, 3naD said:

Thank you. I just sent out my email inquiring about the interview. The last notification we received was on August 17 saying that NVC is working with the embassy to schedule an interview. 

Not sure how the interview will be since it's my minor child, 13 years old, who is being scheduled for an interview. 

Timeline
On 11/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, ronh said:

When did you receive a notification that NVC is working with the embassy for your son's interview schedule?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
1 minute ago, May531 said:

Hello my daughter is also a minor child, did you request to expedite for the interview? We receive the notification with NVC last July 2020 but no update till now 

I emailed The embassy and they said that the case is still with NVC. I emailed NVC and i’m still waiting for their response

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Just got an email from NVC saying "We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in MANILA, PHIL. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time. " But we never receive any notification. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.