Jim&Gemz

What's up with AR at NVC now?????

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What have I ever done wrong to get treated like this? First of all our case took 7 months to get through at USCIS. Now NVC has had our case since the 6th of June and I find out today that we're in administrative review? AR for what???? I'm really fed up with the whole way this process works, or should I say doesn't work. The biggest problem is having to sit around and wonder what they're doing, what's happening. Why is it so hard to get information from them on your own friggin petition? Why is it so secrect??????

Lord give me patience.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had to keep each other company. I PMed you.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

What have I ever done wrong to get treated like this? First of all our case took 7 months to get through at USCIS. Now NVC has had our case since the 6th of June and I find out today that we're in administrative review? AR for what???? I'm really fed up with the whole way this process works, or should I say doesn't work. The biggest problem is having to sit around and wonder what they're doing, what's happening. Why is it so hard to get information from them on your own friggin petition? Why is it so secrect??????

Lord give me patience.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope this damn AR gets done any day from now.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Lord give me patience.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope this damn AR gets done any day from now.

Good luck with the A/R. I hope yours goes faster than ours has and some of the others I hear about. From what I hear they are always checking something on the benificiary at the NVC level. Has she been here before on a previous K-1 or anything?

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Jim. :( I was wondering about you. I can't believe it - AR. What did they NOT do in 7 months at CSC that they could possibly do now? Makes no sense.

I can't remember if you told me - have you reached out to your senator/congressman again on this one? I do agree that what irritated me the most about being stuck at CSC (and NVC would be the same, I think) is the inability to get any information (other than very general info that isn't helpful). I feel if you are put on AR, you should at least have the right to know WHY.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's nothing about her that I could imagine would cause an AR. She's never been out of the Philippines. She's never had anyone file a petition on her. She's never been married. I've asked her about her political affiliations of course. She and her whole family are devout Catholics. So there's nothing about her that I could think of that could cause an AR.

Someone told me that background checks are done on the petitioner by NVC also and if any hits show up they put in AR for further checking. Unless there's some serious bad guy with my same name there's no reason for me getting a hit either. The worst trouble I've ever had with the law have been 3 traffic tickets in my entire life, speeding and running stoplight.

If USCIS runs all these background checks on the petitioner wouldn't it be reasonable to think that wouldn't need to be done again? I know many of our different government agencies do not share information but with them bitching so much all the time about costs, why wouldn't they start? How about with this process??

My biggest complaint beyond being delayed even further, is the lack of information. If they'd just tell me what the AR is for and what they're checking it would make waiting a little easier.

Hi TracyTN!

Jim.

I can't be sure but I think it is your avatar.... :D

:lol:

And hi right back at ya, Jim my friend! :)

I would be losing my rag at this point, bless your soul. Like you said, its the lack of information that I find so objectionable.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lord give me patience.

I understand your frustration. Please don't panic yet!!!! AR is a standard process done with ALL cases. They told me that on the phone when i asked them. It just takes more time for SOME cases, but most cases go through quick. I was told that our case was under AR blah blah due to 9 11, Washington agencies blah blah. I was freaking out. Our AR took 7 days. AR is a standard reply. Keep calling them. Sometimes the case is sent to a consulate and the system has not been updated.

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear, Jim&Genz, that you've been at NVC for 24 days.

A lot of people report that their experience with this process gets a lot better after they exit Homeland Security and get to NVC. That makes it toughter on those of us who linger at NVC for awhile.

Everything NVC does, even the two-day processing wonders that are the median experience for K1 filers, is apparently Administrative Processing.

I'm following the process much more quickly now that we're going for the K3 than two years ago when we did the K1. I used an attorney then, and didn't know about this site. This time, I suffered a lot through NVC. We were there 28 days. I didn't notice it last time and, just a couple days, noticed that we were at NVC for 19 days two years ago. I gues ignorance of the process decreased my anxiety.

We are all very attached to getting our fiances and spouses over here as quickly as possible. For us Americans, we are bringing the beloved home, to a place very familiar and secure for us. (It can be a very different experience for our beloveds, who are leaving their home and all they have known. Don't forget that.)

I hope you exit AP at NVC soon, and chances are pretty good that you will. Contacting a Congresman or Senator may not have a big affect, but it might help you out. Good luck. Your fiance will end up here. It is very difficult for me to accept how awful this process is, but when I do accept it, rather than demand that it be more humane, I suffer less.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.