NotPennysBoat

NVC Case Number Website Error

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

The K-1 is a Non-Immigrant Visa, but on the NVC's website, if I choose non-immigrant visa then it gives me an error. 

However, if I choose Immigrant Visa, then it gives me my case status.

Is this something I should be worried about or contact the NVC about?

image.png.430d46f13e7086930b13a779a5205481.png Non-Immigrant One

image.png.bec3caa31daa5366055862ed92a24879.png Immigrant One

Edited by NotPennysBoat

Timeline

Also two more questions:

• Does anyone know if the embassy in Vilnius is open (or are any Schengen area ones open)?
  • Can I call USCIS to get my invoice number? I never got a Welcome Letter and its my understand that K-1s do not get one, even though the NVC's website says that we do. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, NotPennysBoat said:

Also two more questions:

• Does anyone know if the embassy in Vilnius is open (or are any Schengen area ones open)?
  • Can I call USCIS to get my invoice number? I never got a Welcome Letter and its my understand that K-1s do not get one, even though the NVC's website says that we do. 

Hello,

To check your K1 status, select Immigrant Visa at CEAC.  K1 is a non-immigrant visa that is processed by the immigrant visa section of the DOS.

You cannot call USCIS for the invoice number.  Case numbers and invoice numbers are assigned by the NVC.  You can call them instead.

K1's do not get a welcome letter from the NVCNVC performs minimal processing for K1 petitions.  They check to see if it's approved and complete, determine which embassy has jurisdiction and assigns a case number.  When they send the petition to the embassy, they will send you a letter stating that it was sent to X embassy.

There is a progress tracking forum topic for people with K1's at NVC in October:

1 hour ago, NotPennysBoat said:

Does anyone know if the embassy in Vilnius is open (or are any Schengen area ones open)?

They are open but only processing cases that are exempt (e.g. biological parent of US citizen child, NIE, etc.) to Schengen Area proclamation: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/16/2020-05578/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of

Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(iv) any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi) any alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(vii) any alien traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any alien otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(viii) any alien

(A) seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to one of the following visas: A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), E-1 (as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee's immediate family members), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 (or seeking to enter as a nonimmigrant in one of those NATO categories); or

(B) whose travel falls within the scope of section 11 of the United Nations Headquarters Agreement;

(ix) any alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, through the CDC Director or his designee;

(x) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee;

(xi) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees; or

(xii) members of the U.S. Armed Forces and spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Timeline
2 hours ago, HRQX said:

They are open but only processing cases that are exempt (e.g. biological parent of US citizen child, NIE, etc.) to Schengen Area proclamation: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/16/2020-05578/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of

So NOT K-1 applicants then

Edited by NotPennysBoat

1 minute ago, NotPennysBoat said:

So NOT K-1 applicants then

Actually, there's been a new development since my last post. Today, a federal judge ordered DOS to not use the proclamation as an excuse for not issuing K-1 visas: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/18450386/milligan-v-pompeo/ So you should now be able to get the K-1 visa. But if you don't meet one of the exemptions I mentioned earlier then you can't travel directly to the US. You would need to go to unrestricted country (e.g. Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Mexico, South Korea, etc.) for 14 days before attempting US entry. Here is an example of someone from Spain spending 14 days in Mexico before going to the US with K-1 visa:

Timeline
8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Actually, there's been a new development since my last post. Today, a federal judge ordered DOS to not use the proclamation as an excuse for not issuing K-1 visas: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/18450386/milligan-v-pompeo/ So you should now be able to get the K-1 visa. But if you don't meet one of the exemptions I mentioned earlier then you can't travel directly to the US. You would need to go to unrestricted country (e.g. Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Mexico, South Korea, etc.) for 14 days before attempting US entry. Here is an example of someone from Spain spending 14 days in Mexico before going to the US with K-1 visa:

Nice! I knew about the 14 days already, so we may just have to wait until the US opens again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Without the mandamus nothing will change for us. It’s just a waiting game all over again that's what I have understood . They can't refuse but at the same time they are not speeding up the process too. 
Has anyone recieved any updates about K1 in their cases or any kind of communication from US CONSULATE MUMBAI in last 2-3 days ? 

I fail to understand the situation of K1 visa in India as they are still giving auto generated reply to my email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.