USAUAinCZ

Wife had interview confused what happened

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My wife finally had her cr1 interview in Kyiv yesterday. The consular officer told my wife that everything went well but that we didn't upload the i864a on the ceac website. So we were handed the 221g to do so. The thing is my wife had the original document in her hand and they didn't ask for it and I had already uploaded the document to the ceac website but under the I-864 tab for the joint sponsor. My wife while walking out handed the original 1864a document to the security guard and it was confirmed by the consular officer by e-mail to me that she received it. I then uploaded the I-864a document to the ceac in the correct tab. 

However it got me worrying more. My wife gave birth a week before the interview and we did not update the I864 documents to add my kid as my dependent. However the consular officers didn't ask for any of the i864 documents while she was there and didn't even look at any of her original paperwork. Am I wrong to be paranoid that they will probably ask us to send an updated I864 eventually? I only worry because my tourist visa won't last that long for me to wait here and traveling with covid is tough due to flights possibly not letting you transfer through. 

Has anybody else been in a similar situation?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, USAUAinCZ said:

Hey everyone,

My wife finally had her cr1 interview in Kyiv yesterday. The consular officer told my wife that everything went well but that we didn't upload the i864a on the ceac website. So we were handed the 221g to do so. The thing is my wife had the original document in her hand and they didn't ask for it and I had already uploaded the document to the ceac website but under the I-864 tab for the joint sponsor. My wife while walking out handed the original 1864a document to the security guard and it was confirmed by the consular officer by e-mail to me that she received it. I then uploaded the I-864a document to the ceac in the correct tab. 

However it got me worrying more. My wife gave birth a week before the interview and we did not update the I864 documents to add my kid as my dependent. However the consular officers didn't ask for any of the i864 documents while she was there and didn't even look at any of her original paperwork. Am I wrong to be paranoid that they will probably ask us to send an updated I864 eventually? I only worry because my tourist visa won't last that long for me to wait here and traveling with covid is tough due to flights possibly not letting you transfer through. 

Has anybody else been in a similar situation?

Does the additional dependent cause you to be below the income threshold for sponsorship?  If not, you are fine.

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Does the additional dependent cause you to be below the income threshold for sponsorship?  If not, you are fine.

Hey!

Luckily no. Our Joint sponsor has more than enough income. 

Thanks for the response. It's helped calm me down a bit 😁

Edited by USAUAinCZ

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Alex Ndayi said:

Congratulations for you.

They didn’t ask for ds5540?

nope! not even sure what that is, so i'm glad they didn't ask for it :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.