aratamorne

N-400 November 2020 Filers

451 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, pdx751 said:

As I understand, the field office location seems to have little to do with the actual processing timeframe. When your file gets sent to a field office, you get an interview date assigned (assuming there are no red flags at that point). So the delay in getting an interview date is actually not a result of your field office....it seems to be a delay at the center where your application was filed....NBC, Kansas City in your case. I think that was the same office for my application as well. As I noticed for my own case, the estimated processing timeframe varied almost every few weeks from 6 mos to 12 or even 14 mos. My field office is Portland OR. But the delay wasn't really because the Portland office was backlogged. It just took a very long time for my application to get transferred from NBC, Kansas City to my field office.

Well said: You are right. 

One thing to note is ALL of the petitions(no matter from where you file, from which city you file) will reach to NBC. 90% of the processing (such as application verification, basic screening, officer assignment, Background check, Fingerprints, Biometrics etc all) is done at NBC. Once all good, the file would be sent to the local office, at which time, you may get an interview notice depends on the local office time slots. The rest of the process (Interview, Oath, Certificate printing etc) will be done at the local office itself to add the USC feather in your crown.

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

15 hours ago, Hanswurst1989 said:

Hi there,

Are there any November 2020 filers from Newark, NJ? Curious to learn about your progress (if any lol). I filed on November 17, 2020 (online) and got notice of biometrics reuse on February 12, 2021. Nothing else heard since…

Thanks for any feedback! 

I filed end of October 2020 and have not heard anything yet. Lookig at the processing time for Newark (12-19.5), it seems the prcessing time for half of the filers is 12 months. If you are among this lucky 50%, you should hear from them soon. Otherwise, it looks it might take up to 7 months.  

image.png

Chicago checking in!

Had my interview on 2021/09/24 and received my notice that I was approved and awaiting an Oath Ceremony the next day. I was told the wait for the ceremony is currently 6 - 8 weeks but I will update you all when I get scheduled. As for the interview itself it was really straightforward, they started with a little paperwork, moved on to the tests and then just ran through my application. All in all it was about 15 mins in the interview and about 10 mins wait beforehand.

AOS Timeline

• 10/23/2016 - I-130/I-485 Concurrent packet posted
  • 10/25/2016 - Packet signed for at Chicago lockbox
  • 11/09/2016 - E-Notifications received
  • 11/15/2016 - NOA's received in post
  • 11/18/2016 - Biometric appointment received (set for 11/30)
  • 11/30/2016 - Biometric appointment completed
  • 01/25/2017 - EAD Approved
  • 01/25/2017 - AP Approved
  • 02/01/2017 - Combo Card arrived in the post

>>THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN MY PACKET<<

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Folks who are appearing for interviews in the next few weeks (or who did appear recently)...please do share your experiences here so we can all prepare as best as possible! Particularly curious about the questions asked outside the Civics test....any questions you did not anticipate, or request for docs that you did not have on hand.

6 hours ago, pdx751 said:

Folks who are appearing for interviews in the next few weeks (or who did appear recently)...please do share your experiences here so we can all prepare as best as possible! Particularly curious about the questions asked outside the Civics test....any questions you did not anticipate, or request for docs that you did not have on hand.

The only other questions they asked were the ones on the application. I assume to just to make sure nothing has changed since you applied. They did ask for a state ID in addition to my Green Card which was the only thing I was not expecting.

AOS Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, grumpybrit said:

The only other questions they asked were the ones on the application. I assume to just to make sure nothing has changed since you applied. They did ask for a state ID in addition to my Green Card which was the only thing I was not expecting.

Did your driver's license suffice for that purpose? I heard from another applicant recently that he was asked to provide copies of older driver's licenses as well....which of course he did not have (Most states take them back when you move and apply for a new license). But that was a strange request since the officer must have known that it is not possible to hold on to DLs from states once you move out from there.

30 minutes ago, pdx751 said:

Did your driver's license suffice for that purpose? I heard from another applicant recently that he was asked to provide copies of older driver's licenses as well....which of course he did not have (Most states take them back when you move and apply for a new license). But that was a strange request since the officer must have known that it is not possible to hold on to DLs from states once you move out from there.

It did. They took my drivers license, green card and passport.

AOS Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, grumpybrit said:

It did. They took my drivers license, green card and passport.

hi did you get oath date?i had exam 09/11 still not date

Just now, freemanrnd said:

hi did you get oath date?i had exam 09/11 still not date

Not yet, I was told to expect my ceremony to be around Thanksgiving and to expect notice 2 weeks before.

AOS Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, grumpybrit said:

Not yet, I was told to expect my ceremony to be around Thanksgiving and to expect notice 2 weeks before.

did you changed name?i see many people who already got oath date for october

20 minutes ago, freemanrnd said:

did you changed name?i see many people who already got oath date for october

Depends on where you are and how busy that location is. I’m in Chicago.

AOS Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.