Clare and Mike

Potomac times gone crazy, please say this is just a mistake

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I hope that is temporary. And you can't even see date changes anymore. 

They jumped back a priority date to 2018. How do they miss cases that old? I think that is reason and once they finish that im sure they will go back to normal. It happened a couple of months ago too. 

Edited by stringpuller
Add

They update processing times for all forms about once a month. The N-400 processing time  for my local office just increased dramatically also. They use an algorithm that calculates the estimated times based on the average time taken to process the last month’s cases. If they had a very complex case that took a very long time to process  then this will shoot the average right up. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

16 hours ago, JFH said:

They update processing times for all forms about once a month. The N-400 processing time  for my local office just increased dramatically also. They use an algorithm that calculates the estimated times based on the average time taken to process the last month’s cases. If they had a very complex case that took a very long time to process  then this will shoot the average right up. 

so you mean it is just temporary? I waited very long time and nothing change after APR. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, JFH said:

Except that most of the service center processing times went up dramatically. Unlikely that all of the service centers experienced very complex cases. This is likely political. I've been watching my service center processing time go up consistently for the last 4 months. 

Time to write a letter to Congressmen. 

On 10/30/2020 at 7:59 AM, Ikhan said:

Except that most of the service center processing times went up dramatically. Unlikely that all of the service centers experienced very complex cases. This is likely political. I've been watching my service center processing time go up consistently for the last 4 months. 

Time to write a letter to Congressmen. 

Yeah, been thinking the same. 'Help with federal agency' on the representative's congress page is our next step.

After 4 years  LDR and 1 year long-distance marriage under covid, I am done waiting. and especially done waiting another 2 years.

I am following closely since we filed. Sometimes, makes you feel like a race dog chasing the rabbit. We are running around and patiently approaching the date, then about 4 days out, it shoots back 2-4 months. 

The case handling system has technical issues, as they flagged. Likely these statistics are also affected. But a disclaimer would be handy to notify those checking.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, AnnamM said:

Yeah, been thinking the same. 'Help with federal agency' on the representative's congress page is our next step.

After 4 years  LDR and 1 year long-distance marriage under covid, I am done waiting. and especially done waiting another 2 years.

I am following closely since we filed. Sometimes, makes you feel like a race dog chasing the rabbit. We are running around and patiently approaching the date, then about 4 days out, it shoots back 2-4 months. 

The case handling system has technical issues, as they flagged. Likely these statistics are also affected. But a disclaimer would be handy to notify those checking.

I sent to letters to mine. Its not going to help

15 hours ago, stringpuller said:

I sent to letters to mine. Its not going to help

I hear you and sorry it did not work, but it is not going to refrain us from asking.

My hubby's representative is also PA (Greater Philly area). We will give it shot.

I know they cannot have the agency move a case and that is not what we are asking for. It also depends on the representative and whether they pay attention. 

An inquiry on status and nudge to wrap is what could be at least an outcome. We went 8 months without a case update, and nothing for 4 months again since the contractor furlough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.