Meg101

Spokane civil surgeon recommendations and missing medical help!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

yes it does help indeed.

We had the same situation at AOS interview today.  Officer asked if I had the medical. I said, no, that was provided when I filed the 485 AOS in March 2019.   He said that the medical I did then was for Dept Of State and he needed one on USCIS paper, so I would have to redo it as a 693.  I didn't want to argue about not being required to submit it when the application was made.  But I did ask if it was just expired becuase of the 19 months between filing and interview.  He said no.  He didn't say it was "lost" but that is what I concluded based on the way he spoke.   Thats been re-affirmed by this thread.

Our March 2019 AOS application was in their possession for an unusually long 19 months because there was an issue in Dec 2019 which caused the files to be shipped away from our Dallas field office to another office, and then back again.  I expect that the medical was just lost by them at some stage.   

So its $375 plus vaccinations here in Dallas.  He didn't give me the option of finding and re-submitting the original medical report.   I do have my copy of the DS 3025 vaccinations from K1 2018 and will see if the civil surgeon will accept that instead of dosing me up AGAIN with the vaccines.   But at least I didn't have to wait like you while they "searched" for the missing docs.   

He told me the submitted medical would be processed within 15 days of being submitted.  Other than that the application was fine, so the greencard could then be issued.  But I've had so much experience of wrong information over the past year particularly that I don't trust their dates.   Another March 2019 filter was given an RFE for a court doc a few weeks after the Feb 27th interview, and only received the greencard in July.   But that was peak covid. 

Keep me posted.  

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

1 hour ago, rye_212 said:

yes it does help indeed.

We had the same situation at AOS interview today.  Officer asked if I had the medical. I said, no, that was provided when I filed the 485 AOS in March 2019.   He said that the medical I did then was for Dept Of State and he needed one on USCIS paper, so I would have to redo it as a 693.  I didn't want to argue about not being required to submit it when the application was made.  But I did ask if it was just expired becuase of the 19 months between filing and interview.  He said no.  He didn't say it was "lost" but that is what I concluded based on the way he spoke.   Thats been re-affirmed by this thread.

Our March 2019 AOS application was in their possession for an unusually long 19 months because there was an issue in Dec 2019 which caused the files to be shipped away from our Dallas field office to another office, and then back again.  I expect that the medical was just lost by them at some stage.   

So its $375 plus vaccinations here in Dallas.  He didn't give me the option of finding and re-submitting the original medical report.   I do have my copy of the DS 3025 vaccinations from K1 2018 and will see if the civil surgeon will accept that instead of dosing me up AGAIN with the vaccines.   But at least I didn't have to wait like you while they "searched" for the missing docs.   

He told me the submitted medical would be processed within 15 days of being submitted.  Other than that the application was fine, so the greencard could then be issued.  But I've had so much experience of wrong information over the past year particularly that I don't trust their dates.   Another March 2019 filter was given an RFE for a court doc a few weeks after the Feb 27th interview, and only received the greencard in July.   But that was peak covid. 

Keep me posted.  

Sorry to hear that you are having a long process with complications. But I’m very glad that this information was helpful. 

I wasn’t told how long it would take for my RFE for the medical exam to be processed. I’m actually still waiting for the results. It will be one week tomorrow so I was planning on calling them tomorrow afternoon as they said it could take a week.  Once I have the results (I gotta go get the sealed envelope) I’m overnight fedexing it back to the USCIS office in Spokane and I’ll post on here any updates from there. 

After seeing your comment, I am super hopeful it will only take a couple weeks to be processed once they get it. 🤞🏽 I’m wishing to have my greencard in hand before 2020 is up.🙂

Best of luck to you!!!

P.S. I would advise you to fight to not be vaccinated again if you have already had them & they are still in date. There’s surely no reason you would need to have them again and a waste of their time and your money. You should be able to just show proof that you had the vaccinations already.

I showed my vaccination record from England and then also showed that I had a flu shot this autumn from my healthcare provider here in Washington because it’s now flu season again! I also had my DS3025 with me but she didn’t want to see that.   So if you aren’t up to date with your flu shot for this season, get that done ASAP. 🙂 

Edited by Meg101
Extra P.S info!

Update: 

Went to pick up my medical exam results today & asked for a completed copy of the I-693 form. Everything looks okay, all checked off as complete and no obvious issues. So I overnighted with signature receipt request FedEx’ed the sealed envelope with a cover letter and the RFE request letter back to the Spokane USCIS office. 

I will post again when I hear anything next or get any sort of update appear on my online accounts. 🤞🏽 for some good news soon. 🙂

Edited by Meg101
I-693 form typo!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Update: 

new card is being produced!! 🙂😀🙂😀🙂🥳🙌🏽💜

Yay! Congratulations!  Our medical was received and signed for by the field office almost 3 weeks ago, and our online status still says "interview ready to be scheduled"  😵

Timeline
10 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Update: 

new card is being produced!! 🙂😀🙂😀🙂🥳🙌🏽💜

Fantastic.  Congratulations, you have something big to be thankful for on thanksgiving.  

collected my medical today and it should arrive by overnight at uscis tomorrow afternoon.   

your timeframe is very encouraging.   

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

15 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Yay! Congratulations!  Our medical was received and signed for by the field office almost 3 weeks ago, and our online status still says "interview ready to be scheduled"  😵

Thank you!  I was advised that there is no official processing time for RFE’s but keep checking your status. The app was updated first for me but sometimes only the older style case tracker seems to get updated. I always check all 3.

Please post on here when you get your approval. I’m rooting for you guys 🙂

12 hours ago, rye_212 said:

Fantastic.  Congratulations, you have something big to be thankful for on thanksgiving.  

collected my medical today and it should arrive by overnight at uscis tomorrow afternoon.   

your timeframe is very encouraging.   

Thank you so much. 🙂 I do feel very thankful and it was a big surprise and something to celebrate, especially tomorrow. 

I hope you get a similiar response but keep holding onto hope. It’s coming, very soon! 🙂🙌🏽

Update: card mailed to me! Can’t wait to get it in the mail. 😍😍😍 

hang onto hope guys, your turns are coming too. 😀☺️☺️😀

Greencard arrived in the mail today. 🙂🎊🌈

Hang onto hope anyone who may be reading this and ends up in a similiar boat to mine with the lost medical. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update: As per shipping tracking, medical report was received Wed 23rd Nov (day before thanksgiving).

Dec 9th: Card is being produced

Dec 10th: Case status set to case is approved.

So card should arrive in the mail any day now.   

On 12/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, rye_212 said:

Update: As per shipping tracking, medical report was received Wed 23rd Nov (day before thanksgiving).

Dec 9th: Card is being produced

Dec 10th: Case status set to case is approved.

So card should arrive in the mail any day now.   

That is fantastic! Just in time for the holidays 😍 congratulations!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.