sarabou17

Best way to show chat/phone conversations for Casablanca consulate

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of preparing the CR1 Visa application.  I want to show our Facetime and chat conversations in the best way possible.  Could you please tell me how you presented your chat or phone conversations?  I am particularly interested in those who interviewed at Casablanca consulate.   How many conversations did you present?  I'm sorry but I don't see how to start a topic in the Morocco portal.  If someone can tell me how to do that it would be great!  Also I do not see a way to search for topics in the Morocco portal. I only see where you can pick a category within the Morocco portal.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We just printed a few lines from some chats showing we talked over a long time- we were sure to show the dates of each conversation

from when we started talking to the present

embassies are all different but they don't need hundreds and thousands of pages 

they need proof the relationship has been ongoing for as long as you have indicated in the letter you submitted when the application was sent

Timeline
1 hour ago, sarabou17 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of preparing the CR1 Visa application.  I want to show our Facetime and chat conversations in the best way possible.  Could you please tell me how you presented your chat or phone conversations?  I am particularly interested in those who interviewed at Casablanca consulate.   How many conversations did you present?  I'm sorry but I don't see how to start a topic in the Morocco portal.  If someone can tell me how to do that it would be great!  Also I do not see a way to search for topics in the Morocco portal. I only see where you can pick a category within the Morocco portal.

Thank you!

if you are using watsapp to communicate with your husband you can export the chat, send it to your email, transfer it to word document and print. in ours case we included few pages from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, BasmaHicham said:

if you are using watsapp to communicate with your husband you can export the chat, send it to your email, transfer it to word document and print. in ours case we included few pages from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. 

We were messaging on a language app and then exclusively Facetime.  Ok thanks for this information, especially the number of pages you included.  It really helps!  I was making a document with screenshots from daily Facetime calls but I don't think they go back that far.  I'm not sure how far back iMessages go but I will take some screenshots of them as well.  Did you include a lot of wedding photos?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, sarabou17 said:

We were messaging on a language app and then exclusively Facetime.  Ok thanks for this information, especially the number of pages you included.  It really helps!  I was making a document with screenshots from daily Facetime calls but I don't think they go back that far.  I'm not sure how far back iMessages go but I will take some screenshots of them as well.  Did you include a lot of wedding photos?

make sure you save your very first chat. yes, inlude a lot of pictures, with his family (mom). I inserted our pictures on word documents, added dates, name of people in the pictures and location. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I put about 25 photos 4 to a 8x11 paper and labeled month and year and people in the photo

photos with  his family especaily mother are the best

a few of the wedding and a few of other visits as # of visits and time spent together is important for Casa embassy

be sure the chats show when you started talking (facebook says how long you have been friends on there)

a few lines from some chats showing extended talk over several years and hopefully you did not marry on the 1st visit

best to you both

Timeline
37 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I put about 25 photos 4 to a 8x11 paper and labeled month and year and people in the photo

photos with  his family especaily mother are the best

a few of the wedding and a few of other visits as # of visits and time spent together is important for Casa embassy

be sure the chats show when you started talking (facebook says how long you have been friends on there)

a few lines from some chats showing extended talk over several years and hopefully you did not marry on the 1st visit

best to you both

Thank you so much for this detailed reply.  We are not married yet.  We are planning on getting married end of December.

Timeline
18 hours ago, sarabou17 said:

Thank you so much for this detailed reply.  We are not married yet.  We are planning on getting married end of December.

If you are married in this year 2020 (great plan),  be sure to add him to your 2020 tax returns by filing out the W7 form (take an old one from 2019 with you to Morocco and have him do it so you have the right info to fill out a 2020 W7),   

get a POA from him and have it translated into English so you can sign the IRS tax returns for him

follow the IRS rules to claim a foreign spouse

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-alien-spouse

It helps to show you are in a committed relationship in the Casa embassy to start commingling of fiances in this way

BTW  there is a lot of work and travel within Morocco to marry and it takes time

big expense is the translations of all your documents

and now you need to have a motel reservation for some airlines to book a flight as noted below

Royal Air Maroc and Air Arabia Maroc confirmed Morocco’s border reopening on September 6 and September 11, respectively. Nationals of visa-exempt countries with confirmed hotel reservations can enter Morocco through either national airline. 

To travel to Morocco, you must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test and a serological test for COVID-19 that should have been done less than 48 hours before your scheduled departure. Upon arrival at the port or airport, there will be a health screening for travelers entering the country.

your fiancee should also check to make sure that the Office of Foreign Ministry in Rabat is open (you need to make 1 trip there after you get a document for US embassy),  and that you can meet with the judge and police in his hometown (city or country area)

and you need to know if you can get into the US embassy for the Affadivit of Eligibility to marry document (at this time you can't as it is only open to USC for emergencies like lost passport and to the Moroccans with new CR1 interviews as scheduled.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Rick2019 said:

I used  only photos (labeled: date/where/who), but not chats logs, still waiting for  consulate  interview  appointment ( DQed in NVC/ transferred to Casablanca consulate

you can  add signed letters from  friends /family.

Good Luck

Lately Casa is asking for chat proof showing a long relationship according to when the USC said they met (or started talking)  / they are doing this after interview while immigrant is in AP

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Lately Casa is asking for chat proof showing a long relationship according to when the USC said they met (or started talking)  / they are doing this after interview while immigrant is in AP

This might be a challenge but we will do the best that we can! Thanks for this insight.  Also, did you have to provide a document declaration of religion or faith ( I mean what faith you belong to)  to the Moroccan authorities ?  I did not see this on the Casa consulate website but my fiance obtained a document from the court in his city and they mention that I need to provide proof of my Christian faith.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, sarabou17 said:

This might be a challenge but we will do the best that we can! Thanks for this insight.  Also, did you have to provide a document declaration of religion or faith ( I mean what faith you belong to)  to the Moroccan authorities ?  I did not see this on the Casa consulate website but my fiance obtained a document from the court in his city and they mention that I need to provide proof of my Christian faith.  

You only have to do this if you are muslim

and understand there is a dowry he is suppose to pay to u

agree on the amount before the meeting to sign marriage papers/ we said a thousand and he paid for my airfare/ i wanted a cute little goat

his aunt jokingly told me to say 1 million dollars as they can't divorce till the dowry is paid in full 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

You only have to do this if you are muslim

and understand there is a dowry he is suppose to pay to u

agree on the amount before the meeting to sign marriage papers/ we said a thousand and he paid for my airfare/ i wanted a cute little goat

his aunt jokingly told me to say 1 million dollars as they can't divorce till the dowry is paid in full 

Oh that's so cute!  1 million dollars :) Love for life!  I would take a little goat too.  They are so sweet!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.