Ophoriwaa

Expedited IR1/CR1 case at US embassy in Accra, Ghana

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello. Has anyone had their case expedited by the US embassy in Accra either before or during COVID-19? My case was sent to the embassy on 14th October (showed READY on CEAC) but I've still not heard anything from them. I've emailed them 3 times and I always get an automated response. I'm literally stuck now and don't know what the next steps are. Kindly share your experiences. TIA 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just be patient,  you almost on the finish line. Most embassy have piles of backlogs. Since your case was updated, it's just a matter of time before they will reach out to u.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was under the impression that they are not doing any visa interviews. They’re only open to US citizens. So if this is the case, they may have the case at the embassy but are not processing. But I’d recommend to keep emailing the embassy because I know people who have gotten actual responses. 

Timeline

I don't think the USEM in Accra has resumed interviews yet due to COVID-19. They might start interviewing again soon but right now you'll have to wait patiently until then. All the best.

Timeline

Were you sent an email to notify you of the case being transferred to the embassy? I’m asking because I have documentarily qualified since March and my case is still at the NVC. Did you expedite or it was a normal application? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Amanfuor are in a hurry to come and join us in the epicenter of COVID.😀 Don't worry you will be here soon.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Agba1 said:

Were you sent an email to notify you of the case being transferred to the embassy? I’m asking because I have documentarily qualified since March and my case is still at the NVC. Did you expedite or it was a normal application? 

My case was expedited and yes, NVC sent me a mail stating my case had been sent to the embassy. I received my interview appointment letter on Monday though.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ophoriwaa said:

My case was expedited and yes, NVC sent me a mail stating my case had been sent to the embassy. I received my interview appointment letter on Monday though.

Oforiwaa, kindly, how do we expedite and what are some of the possible reasons we can give?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Agba1 said:

Oforiwaa, kindly, how do we expedite and what are some of the possible reasons we can give?

You have to send an expedite request to NVC, stating your reasons then they'll forward it to the embassy for review. Concerning the reasons, I've read on this forum that it can include extreme financial hardship on the petitioner's part or for medical reasons. My expedite request was on account of my baby, she already has a CRBA and US passport but obviously can't travel to the US without me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, Ophoriwaa said:

You have to send an expedite request to NVC, stating your reasons then they'll forward it to the embassy for review. Concerning the reasons, I've read on this forum that it can include extreme financial hardship on the petitioner's part or for medical reasons. My expedite request was on account of my baby, she already has a CRBA and US passport but obviously can't travel to the US without me

Wow. I am pregnant and also have a 2 year old with a CRBA / passport but my request for expedite was denied. Would love see a draft of your request as I plan to submit another request in a couple of months if I don't see any progress. If possible please send to LB2064@gmaìl.com

Thanks.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, LBX said:

Wow. I am pregnant and also have a 2 year old with a CRBA / passport but my request for expedite was denied. Would love see a draft of your request as I plan to submit another request in a couple of months if I don't see any progress. If possible please send to LB2064@gmaìl.com

Thanks.

Interesting. You should definitely try again. In my case, I only sent an inquiry to NVC to check if I could send an expedite request because of my daughter (14 month old). I was surprised NVC forwarded it to their expedite team because I didn't even attach any evidence. It was only about 3 lines and I honestly didn't expect any positive news from the embassy. My advice would be to try again as soon as possible 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Interesting. You should definitely try again. In my case, I only sent an inquiry to NVC to check if I could send an expedite request because of my daughter (14 month old). I was surprised NVC forwarded it to their expedite team because I didn't even attach any evidence. It was only about 3 lines and I honestly didn't expect any positive news from the embassy. My advice would be to try again as soon as possible 

Thanks for the quick response and advise. And again - congrats.

01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, LBX said:

Thanks.

How long did Nvc take to approve your expedite request?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for the info everybody. I didn't know this was even a possibility at this point. I looked into the issue further by calling the NVC at +1 603-334-0700. After holding for around 30 minutes, the call agent told me to submit an expedite request by emailing nvcexpedite@state.gov. He told me to include the NVC case number in the subject line and at minimum the beneficiary's DOB and Invoice ID in the body of the email. Then include all the relevant details justifying the expedite request, including attachments. Once the NVC receives the request, they forward it to the embassy in Accra. I just finished walking my wife in Ghana through sending the email this morning. We're hoping and praying for the best. Thanks again!

Timeline
On 11/27/2020 at 8:46 PM, Pokuaah said:

How long did Nvc take to approve your expedite request?

Mine was not approved.

Notes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.