Pack88

Singapore Police Clearance (merged)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers:  My lady and I recently filed our I-129f paperwork and have received our NOA-1.  Now comes the months of no contact (please no RFI's) and we are attempting to get as many things done before they let us know to get ready for our interview.  One of the items I know we well need is a Singapore Police Clearance.  I have been in contact with a couple of previous filers and have been given the web site support from the Singapore Police and how to secure this clearance.  My question is this,  it seems in the last few years,  Singapore will not grant a request for a police clearance unless  you are a Singapore citizen.  I have read there is a form  or letter they require from the US Embassy that indicates none of the alternative's they offer will suffice the  US requirement. 

I have contacted the US Embassy for assistance but phone and staffing problems  have prevented me from securing an answer.  I am thus hoping that someone who has secured a clearance from  Singapore tell me what form or letter they were provided by the embassy!

Thanks 

Pack88

Edited by Penguin_ie

11 minutes ago, Pack88 said:

Hello VJ'ers:  My lady and I recently filed our I-129f paperwork and have received our NOA-1.  Now comes the months of no contact (please no RFI's) and we are attempting to get as many things done before they let us know to get ready for our interview.  One of the items I know we well need is a Singapore Police Clearance.  I have been in contact with a couple of previous filers and have been given the web site support from the Singapore Police and how to secure this clearance.  My question is this,  it seems in the last few years,  Singapore will not grant a request for a police clearance unless  you are a Singapore citizen.  I have read there is a form  or letter they require from the US Embassy that indicates none of the alternative's they offer will suffice the  US requirement. 

I have contacted the US Embassy for assistance but phone and staffing problems  have prevented me from securing an answer.  I am thus hoping that someone who has secured a clearance from  Singapore tell me what form or letter they were provided by the embassy!

Thanks 

Pack88

Your looking in the wrong area for the answer to your question. Start here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Once you land on the page, review the left column, and select the first letter of the country you want to access. Then select your country and once you land on the page for the country your looking for scroll down a bit and find "Police, Court, Prison Records" tab and select it. First thing you want to know is if you are not physically in the country to request your PCC will they provide one. If they don't provide one because of the requirement that you have to be personally in the country, then you will not need one from that country. Take a screen shot and print the page off to bring with you to the interview. Most CO's know which country's you can get a PCC from without too much trouble. In the event the CO does not know this for one of your country's you can offer the screen shot in your defense.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

First thing you want to know is if you are not physically in the country to request your PCC will they provide one.

OP's fiance will need PCC from Singapore. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Singapore.html But Singapore will request "Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies or other requestor to establish that the certificate is required by such authority and that a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that s/he has no criminal convictions. All documents are to be translated into English if written in other languages."

4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

OP's fiance will need PCC from Singapore. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Singapore.html But Singapore will request "Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies or other requestor to establish that the certificate is required by such authority and that a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that s/he has no criminal convictions. All documents are to be translated into English if written in other languages."

You preaching to the choir. I didn't opine word for word what you said but you can extrapolate the same information from my reply to the OP. Especially since the OP needs to secure the letter from the Singapore Civil Document page that is reference from the link I shared. It's the one that I reference, and you did to. Your duplicating the answer.  OP has indicated that he found the information that he was looking for from my reply. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello  VJ'ers on the Philippine Blog!  Recently I posted a question about getting a request for a Singapore Police Clearance.  I have to give big prop's to Greenbaum-  he wired me up with the form and while filling it out two questions popped up that I am hoping someone who has recently ran this marathon can help me with! 

1)   At the top of the top of the form there is a spot where it says "Post"  My question is does the form need to say Manilla next to the Post Line?  If so how did you insert it as the PDF Form does not permit any entry there!

2)  The last section of the form asks for your case number.  My question is this number the case number I see assigned on my NOA-1 or will I have to wait until I get the NOA-2 from NVS to get the case number!!

Thanks

Pack88

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/reciprocity/Singapore COC request letter.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Pack88 said:

Hello  VJ'ers on the Philippine Blog!  Recently I posted a question about getting a request for a Singapore Police Clearance.  I have to give big prop's to Greenbaum-  he wired me up with the form and while filling it out two questions popped up that I am hoping someone who has recently ran this marathon can help me with! 

1)   At the top of the top of the form there is a spot where it says "Post"  My question is does the form need to say Manilla next to the Post Line?  If so how did you insert it as the PDF Form does not permit any entry there!

2)  The last section of the form asks for your case number.  My question is this number the case number I see assigned on my NOA-1 or will I have to wait until I get the NOA-2 from NVS to get the case number!!

Thanks

Pack88

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/reciprocity/Singapore COC request letter.pdf

Case number would be the NVC assigned

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** two threads merged.  Please keep updates/ additional questions in the same thread so it is easier to find and for those wanting to help to follow *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

12 hours ago, Pack88 said:

Thanks

Pack88

Q1 - POST = Manila. Print the form and write in the answer. Then recreate the document the way they need, paper or PDF.

Q2 - Case number from NVC. You can call and get that when the time comes.

For information is contained in the threads {month} 2020 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy. Go to the first page, first post and retrieve the PDF from the link that is posted. All the phone numbers etc. that you will need is listed there. A good reference guides.

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of the conversation. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will better prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.