cHiQy

USC Mother petitioning unmarried and over 21 daughter w/ kids

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, it's been a while since I've posted here. Here's the scenario:

USC Mother petitioning unmarried and over 21 daughter with kids in the Philippines

*My mother (LPR back then) filed I-130 for my sister back in May of 2016

*My mother became US citizen in January of 2017

*My sister received the Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation dated May 1, 2020 (which includes the NVC Case number and Invoice ID number)

Questions on infos at CEAC site:

1) My mother can't access the Choice of Agent, or Fees tab yet at CEAC as it were still grayed out. When will she expect to get access?

2) Visa category is F24. This should be F11 right?

3) My sister's children's second name was entered as their last name. How to fix this? Add Applicants then enter their full names and upload birth certs?

4) Should my mother call/email and tell them that she got naturalized back in 2017?

Thank you all in advanced!

Married 2007, Husband became USC 06/2009,

I became a LPR 11/2009

IR-2 for USC's stepdaughter (my daughter) TIMELINE :

03/22/10 - Sent I-130 to Chicago, IL

03/23/10 - Received & Signed by R Mercado

03/31/10 - NOA1 Date

04/02/10 - Check cashed

04/05/10 - Received NOA1

05/03/10 - Touched

05/04/10 - Touched

05/05/10 - Touched/Received Approval Message (email&text) 44 days!!!

05/06/10 - Touched/Status says Approval Notice Sent on 05/05/10

05/07/10 - Case # Assigned

05/10/10 - Received NOA2

05/12/10 - DS3032/AOS Fee Bill Received (email)

05/12/10 - Sent DS3032 via email & Paid AOS Fee Bill

05/16/10 - AOS Fee Bill Payment Status is PAID

05/17/10 - DS3032 Accepted/DS230 Fee Bill Received/Sent AOS Packet

06/09/10 - Checklist Cover Letter Received by email (to pay&send DS230, & RFE for AOS)

06/23/10 - Sent RFE for AOS

06/30/10 - NVC Received RFE Response as per AVR

07/02/10 - Paid IV fee bill

07/13/10 - Sent DS230

07/14/10 - Packet received as per USPS

08/12/10 - AOS Accepted

08/17/10 - Sign in fail

08/18/10 - Called NVC, operator told me that our case will be sent to USEM

08/23/10 - Case received at USEM

08/24/10 - USEM gave Interview Date : September 17 @ 7:15am

09/17/10 - APPROVED

10/14/10 - POE at WAS, USA

N-400 for Me

01/09/13 - Sent to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville, TX)

01/15/13 - Check Cashed and NOA date

01/28/13 - Biometrics Appointment (DONE)

01/30/13 - Email received "In line for Interview Scheduling"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, cHiQy said:

USC Mother petitioning unmarried and over 21 daughter with kids in the Philippines

*My sister received the Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation dated May 1, 2020 (which includes the NVC Case number and Invoice ID number)

1) My mother can't access the Choice of Agent, or Fees tab yet at CEAC as it were still grayed out. When will she expect to get access?

3) My sister's children's second name was entered as their last name. How to fix this? Add Applicants then enter their full names and upload birth certs?

4) Should my mother call/email and tell them that she got naturalized back in 2017?

How else will the case be upgraded if you don't notify them of the change?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-october-2020.html

Looks like it does not make much difference which category, how old are the children? Another 5 years or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

25 minutes ago, cHiQy said:

When you become a U.S. citizen, you must submit proof of citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC) so they can update your family member’s visa category.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html#ivp6

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
33 minutes ago, cHiQy said:

Hi,

1.  Choice of Agent is not used anymore because your mother can register her email with the NVC for notifications.  The Fees tab is grayed out because your sister's case is has not reached that stage.  Once her PD becomes current in Table B of the Visa Bulletin, your mother can pay the fee.  She can expect access in about 4 years.  

2.  Yes, it's F11 since your mother is now a US citizen.  However, your mother never notified USCIS or the NVC to upgrade the case and provide proof that she's a US citizen, so your sister's case is still being handled as if your mother is an LPR.

3.  You can the children's name when the NVC allows for fees to be paid.  After the fees are paid, then birth certificates can be uploaded.

4.  Yes so the NVC can properly classify this as an F1 case.

Under CSPA, your mother can ask for retention of the F2b category.  Once requested, she can't undo it.  So wait and see whether the F1 category or the F2b category moves faster, then choose appropriately.

Best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.