Gar9

NVC DQed IR-5 cases Waiting for IV Interview Letter

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

NVC DQed IR-5 cases Waiting for IV Interview Letter

This topic is started to share the status and progress of IR-5 cases which have been DQed (Documentarily Qualified) and now waiting for getting the Interiew Letter from the NVC / Consulate . Notwithstanding the Ban on IR-5 till end of 2020 and hoping no further extension , all IR-5 applicants will be anxious to know their future .

Therefore , all IR-5 applicants may share their information on following points -  Priority Date , DQ date . Subsequently they may share progress of their respective case . They may also share their Interview Experiences . Such information will help all concerned members . Good Luck .

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, StaGor said:

IR-5

PD: Jul 9, 2019

DQ: Jul 22, 2020

StaGor, is there any updates on your case? I saw on Statistics that USA embassy in Kyiv issued 41 visas in April 2021. It’s also include couple of weeks of shot down. I’m wondering what month of DQ cases received  their IL for May or June 2021.
Did you here anything?

We got DQ in August 2020. NVC saying “in a line for interview scheduling”.  But nobody knows how long to wait more and what month they sent to embassy already. 

That wait just unbelievable. 
Any info will be helpful. 
Thank you. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sweetie21 said:

StaGor, is there any updates on your case? I saw on Statistics that USA embassy in Kyiv issued 41 visas in April 2021. It’s also include couple of weeks of shot down. I’m wondering what month of DQ cases received  their IL for May or June 2021.
Did you here anything?

We got DQ in August 2020. NVC saying “in a line for interview scheduling”.  But nobody knows how long to wait more and what month they sent to embassy already. 

That wait just unbelievable. 
Any info will be helpful. 
Thank you. 

Nothing changed for me since. I tried to contact my consulate to see if there is a way to have both interviews scheduled concurrently or merge, when the time comes. Got a simple response - cases are still with NVC

So from my end, I just have to keep waiting.

I have a question for you: When you say NVC saying “in a line for interview scheduling”.

Where exactly do you see that being indicated? On CEAC website? Email? NVC inquiry? Or did you actually call them?

28 minutes ago, StaGor said:

Nothing changed for me since. I tried to contact my consulate to see if there is a way to have both interviews scheduled concurrently or merge, when the time comes. Got a simple response - cases are still with NVC

So from my end, I just have to keep waiting.

I have a question for you: When you say NVC saying “in a line for interview scheduling”.

Where exactly do you see that being indicated? On CEAC website? Email? NVC inquiry? Or did you actually call them?

NVC gave answer from inquiry and that was 2 month ago. I think it’s similar answers meaning just to wait. No changes. On account showing case at NVC since August 2020. Oohhh. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sweetie21 said:

NVC gave answer from inquiry and that was 2 month ago. I think it’s similar answers meaning just to wait. No changes. On account showing case at NVC since August 2020. Oohhh. 

I guess we have to keep waiting. The only thing I can tell you about Kyiv consulate is that while their non-immigrant visas issuance has significant difference between pre and post Covid times, immigrant visa variance is much lesser. So my hopes are high that they will be able to process this quickly (end of 2021 maybe).

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ewan said:

I've got an interview date! June 28th in London.

Congrats mate!!!!

Thank you for sharing and keep us posted about the interview process and any helpful info.

Good Iuck!

Edited by StaGor

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, StaGor said:

Congrats mate!!!!

Thank you for sharing and keep us posted about the interview process and any helpful info.

Good Iuck!

Just to let you know that I had my interview yesterday. All went smoothly - just waiting for an updated police certificate to be uploaded to the system and then I should be approved. I'll put some more details in the London Embassy Reviews section later today.
But I would say that the most useful thing for me was watching a couple of videos made by the embassy that walk you through what happens on the day. It got me mentally prepared for little things - for example, I had expected to be interviewed in a small room. But the video shows that you get called to a window, where you stand during your interview. But you have a shelf to put all your documents on. That sort of thing helped me in advance to know what to expect.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ewan said:

Just to let you know that I had my interview yesterday. All went smoothly - just waiting for an updated police certificate to be uploaded to the system and then I should be approved. I'll put some more details in the London Embassy Reviews section later today.
But I would say that the most useful thing for me was watching a couple of videos made by the embassy that walk you through what happens on the day. It got me mentally prepared for little things - for example, I had expected to be interviewed in a small room. But the video shows that you get called to a window, where you stand during your interview. But you have a shelf to put all your documents on. That sort of thing helped me in advance to know what to expect.

Congrats! Yeah it may take them a day or two for them to review updated certificate. I also have an update - our cases were expedited to the consulate and my folks had an interview today. Also all went smoothly, but they will have to wait until the embassy will receive a medical exam cert. We're gonna have another bump in the road, since it take 8 weeks to get complete results. The good news are though, the immigration officer took both of their passports and said that cases were looking good otherwise, just pending medical exam.

Good luck on your US journey!

On 6/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, Ewan said:

Congratulations on getting your interview …was your police certificate issued more than two years ago? As I understand DOS recently updated info regarding PC being valid for 2 years for immigration purposes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.